Your embarrassingly early hot takes after first few games?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
What?

He was getting blown by almost every shift by McDavid and Co. in his first game.
Ya McDavid in particular was flying that game. But he and the line he carries are capable of doing that to the best and most experienced defensemen in the league.

Tough baptism by fire for the kid. But at 18 years old, he’s exceeded all expectations since the draft this past June and is going to play a tonne unless things fall completely off the rails.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ya McDavid in particular was flying that game. But he and the line he carries are capable of doing that to the best and most experienced defensemen in the league.

Tough baptism by fire for the kid. But at 18 years old, he’s exceeded all expectations since the draft this past June and is going to play a tonne unless things fall completely off the rails.

True. McDavid can turnstile anyone but Bjornfot was getting beat quite badly, I do like his puck skills though. By the time he’s 21-22ish he’ll be a good top 4 Dman.

It just seems crazy that he’s in the lineup. He’s got a good skillset but he didn’t look anywhere close to being NHL ready.

Heavy minutes in the AHL is where he should be. Hopefully his confidence doesn’t get broken this year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

WhalerCane

Sep 12, 2018
A couple games played is a good sample size to have some hot takes that will definitely hold true for the rest of the season! Do your worst.

Here's mine:

Zibanejad will win Hart and Art Ross.
James Neal will score 40+ goals
Tampa Bay will not make the Play Offs

Erik Haula will score 82 goals.

Reactions: WWAD

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Bertuzzi - 65+ points
Larkin - 80+ points
Mantha - 35+ goals, 75+ points

Detroit - bottom 10 pick

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Toronto won't win the Cup.

UdvHF2v

I’ve already bet two people Pittsburgh misses playoffs
You must be swimming in cash.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Bottom five teams (in no particular order): Sens, Pens, Jets, Kings, Ducks.
Most dissapointing team: Leafs (they'll make the playoffs, but do nothing once they're there... given their superstars, it will be a massive disappointment).

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bottom five teams (in no particular order): Sens, Pens, Jets, Kings, Ducks.
Most dissapointing team: Leafs (they'll make the playoffs, but do nothing once they're there... given their superstars, it will be a massive disappointment).

Pens haven't missed playoffs in 13 years and they won't this year.

Also - Anaheim won their division for like 5 years straight or more it seems. Than had a horrible season once, last year. I'm not sure why everyone is so ready to label them as a repeat bottom feeders this year. I'm not saying they're favorites to win their division - but I do expect them to do better. I even expect the Kings to bounce back a bit too.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Victor Olofsson will score 30+ goals this year.

If he's still available in your fantasy league, grab him. Thank me later

Reactions: AnimalFear

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Pens haven't missed playoffs in 13 years and they won't this year.

Also - Anaheim won their division for like 5 years straight or more it seems. Than had a horrible season once, last year. I'm not sure why everyone is so ready to label them as a repeat bottom feeders this year. I'm not saying they're favorites to win their division - but I do expect them to do better. I even expect the Kings to bounce back a bit too.
The title did say "embarrissingly early hot takes", so obviously I'm going to toss up at least one "out there but plausible" scenario. Malkin is gone long term, I'm still not sold on their defense, core players are getting older... they are one injury to Crosby away from total disaster. If there was a time they miss the playoffs, it's now.

... I think Anaheim will do poorly this year as well. They surprised me two years ago at how well they did. I expected the bottom to fall out sooner.

The Jets... I've never seen such a total disintegration of a defense in my life. That defense would be middle of the pack in the AHL. Plus, Hellebuyck is still shaky. They have among the best top six in the NHL, but with that so-called defense they'll have the worst goals against this season.

The Kings... they were really bad last year, now they're older.

Reactions: Khelandros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad