Your embarrassingly early hot takes after first few games?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
A couple games played is a good sample size to have some hot takes that will definitely hold true for the rest of the season! Do your worst.

Here's mine:

Zibanejad will win Hart and Art Ross.
James Neal will score 40+ goals
Tampa Bay will not make the Play Offs
To me a hot take is something you actually believe or at least kind of believe. I don't think you or anyone believes anything you just said.

As for an actual early season hot take, I think the Pens miss the playoffs and aren't even in the picture for the final week of the season.

GnrlDisarray

Nov 21, 2017
After reading some of the thread titles on this board, I wonder if we really need this separate thread....

I think its better to have all the MrThomas threads and all the other hot takes in this one thread rather than in separate threads.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Babcock is a strong gust of wind away from being fired.

Every decision seems like a power-trip statement. And with the team expecting to compete for a Cup, they won't tolerate anything other than sustained success all season long.

Overplaying the starting goalie, scratching Spezza, and not shaking up the Kap/Tavares/Marner line are all small decisions that wouldn't normally mean much. But from Babcock right now they all look questionable and the media/fans aren't letting a single decision slide.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Babcock is a strong gust of wind away from being fired.

Every decision seems like a power-trip statement. And with the team expecting to compete for a Cup, they won't tolerate anything other than sustained success all season long.

Overplaying the starting goalie, scratching Spezza, and not shaking up the Kap/Tavares/Marner line are all small decisions that wouldn't normally mean much. But from Babcock right now they all look questionable and the media/fans aren't letting a single decision slide.
Scratching a 4 liner for 1 game and keeping one of the best lines in hockey together and riding a workhorse goaltender.

He's done.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I believed Ralph Krueger walked on water and made balloon animals turn real. I am now slightly more doubtful of these things.

Dahlin still good doe.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
No. Who said that about me?
I’m just wondering why you would somehow be qualified to make that absurd statement. You don’t seem to be a fan of either team, so drugs were the next option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad