GDT: Your East/West Conference Finals GDT

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Is that why you stopped buying season tickets? Besides Keller and Crouse where was the promise? Half of that team won't be here this year. You call the Oilers and Avs, in the SCSF's, "troops of monkeys sling monkeyshit", yet you were entertained watching the "Coyote droppings" this year. Make sure you send in your payment for those season tickets.
I stopped buying season tickets because my wife didn't have the stamina to go to all the games. We bought half season tickets. Sometimes life intrudes on, well, life. . As an aside, as the new digs are much closer to our home, we opted for full season tickets at the Meruelo Madhouse.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
No, it's "coyote droppings".:) Horse shit works as well.;)
As I've said a million times, I get and even agree with what they're doing but I'm not going to support them with my money anymore for garbage hockey. Give me a half dozen or so talented prospects to watch and I'll start tuning in. f*** anyone that thinks that makes me a fair weather fan. I was spending $4800 a year on season tickets for several years with little to no hope for a decent team. Trying to lose for draft picks with a bunch of guys teams gave us more picks to take isn't entertaining to me. I'd LOVE to feel what the fans of these playoff teams are feeling in some of the great series we've seen this year. Hopefully that and a real arena with freaking weekend games again is only a few years away. Like Matthews FA year away.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As I've said a million times, I get and even agree with what they're doing but I'm not going to support them with my money anymore for garbage hockey. Give me a half dozen or so talented prospects to watch and I'll start tuning in. f*** anyone that thinks that makes me a fair weather fan. I was spending $4800 a year on season tickets for several years with little to no hope for a decent team. Trying to lose for draft picks with a bunch of guys teams gave us more picks to take isn't entertaining to me. I'd LOVE to feel what the fans of these playoff teams are feeling in some of the great series we've seen this year. Hopefully that and a real arena with freaking weekend games again is only a few years away. Like Matthews FA year away.
I'm with you 100%.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I stopped buying season tickets because my wife didn't have the stamina to go to all the games. We bought half season tickets. Sometimes life intrudes on, well, life. . As an aside, as the new digs are much closer to our home, we opted for full season tickets at the Meruelo Madhouse.
Enjoy.:)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Considering all of the goalie injuries this playoff season, who's surprised Mike Smith is still playing?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Smitty headers the puck over the net.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Talented goalie but you just can't rely on him unfortunately. That's proven. I think you're hurting your club if you even sign him as a backup. Damn shame.
I don’t know many goalies who could’ve survived the stretch Raanta made though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know there's been a lot of offense to rave about but this is that defensive play right at the beginning of the game I was talking about.

You probably have four of the top ten NHL forwards in this series. A lot of fire power. Edmonton's defense is suspect but the Av's are relentless, and four lines deep and can make any defense look suspect. Makar made a great play there.

Reactions: RemoAZ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Last 17 years they have missed the playoffs 4 times. Got lotto lucky with 1OA but the player is always linked to trade rumours. They drafted well but through trades, some high risk and FA the have made a great team. It’s because players want to be a Ranger.
They dumped a bunch of middling veterans 5/6 years ago for picks then drafted and developed exceptionally well. From a depth standpoint this is as good a group of young players since Chicago 10-12 years ago…maybe better. Guys like Robertson and Othmann aren’t even part of the NHL squad yet. The only notable UFA signing was Panarin.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They dumped a bunch of middling veterans 5/6 years ago for picks then drafted and developed exceptionally well. From a depth standpoint this is as good a group of young players since Chicago 10-12 years ago…maybe better. Guys like Robertson and Othmann aren’t even part of the NHL squad yet. The only notable UFA signing was Panarin.
Many of their key players arrived via trade.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Kane is such a.. I would say a zit on a horses dick but that would just be insulting zits. NHL needs to remove players like him.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Attempt to injure or high risk contact fine. 1st offence 3% of salary, 2nd offence 7% of salary, 3rd offence 15% of salary. After 3 it’s up to a panel review to see if the player is aloud to continue employment in the NHL. This would show they are serious and would create change.

The solution is so easy, why won’t they act 😩

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They have a top 10 forward (Panarin) that would not sign anywhere else.
They have a physically dominant RHD (Trouba) that would not sign anywhere else.
They have a top 3 D in the league (Fox) that wouldn't sign anywhere else.

I would not say they have drafted particularly well. They have traded exceptionally well, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad