GDT: Your East/West Conference Finals GDT

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Josh Manson in particular has been pretty bad for Colorado.

High-scoring games are one thing, but you have to consider why they're high scoring. If it's because the defense or goaltending is playing poorly, like this one, it's when I find it to be undisciplined garbage. The equivalent is true of low-scoring games. One of the most entertaining hockey games I've watched had a final score of 0-0 (lots of back and forth action, but both goaltenders were just lights out for the double shutout).

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I personally find this kind of hockey to be undisciplined garbage.
I love it. Granted Smith gave up some cheapies but there are a lot of high skilled players playing with a ton of speed. Kuemper has given up 3 and I think he's played well. If the Oilers were getting the same goal tending, it would obviously be a closer game. But then again Edmonton really didn't make goal tending much of a priority.

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
High-scoring games are one thing, but you have to consider why they're high scoring. If it's because the defense or goaltending is playing poorly, like this one, it's when I find it to be undisciplined garbage. The equivalent is true of low-scoring games. One of the most entertaining hockey games I've watched had a final score of 0-0 (lots of back and forth action, but both goaltenders were just lights out for the double shutout).

Pond hockey at its finest.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
These ex-Coyotes goalies are definitely proving that you can just find goalies off the top of the scrap heap every summer. No need to look for a long term solution.
I'm not sure this game is making that case??? Neither has made a save.

Reactions: Summer Rose

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I just wanna get to the draft. I hate each team left except for the lightning and even rooting for them to threepeat isn’t exactly exciting.

I also feel like I can’t enjoy seeing other fans enjoy their team’s success when there hasn’t been much fun for us the last 10 years. I guess I’m getting really jaded.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad