Rantanen(R)-Haula(L)-MiGranlund(L)
Heiskanen(L)-Teräväinen(L)

1st PK unit:

Kapanen-Aho
Lindell-Heiskanen

2nd PK unit:
Haula-Barkov
Nutivaara-Jokiharju

Healthy Koivu would be a much needed addition because Finland has too many offensive-minded forwards and he's needed on the PK.

Also what on earth is Armia doing on the PP and why is he not on the PK? Haula is more suited for the PP than the PK.

Having Barkov, Koivu and Armia on the Penalty Kill would do huge favours for the team. I guess I'd put Granlund there aswell.

I think Filppula is better overall than Arsi Lehkonen

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Patrik Laine - Aleksander Barkov - Mikael Granlund
Teuvo Teräväinen - Sebastian Aho - Mikko Rantanen
Roope Hintz - Erik Haula - Kasperi Kapanen
Valtteri Filppula - Mikko Koivu - Joel Armia
Joonas Donskoi

Miro Heiskanen - Rasmus Ristolainen
Esa Lindell - Sami Vatanen
Olli Määttä - Markus Nutivaara
Henri Jokiharju

Tuukka Rask
Pekka Rinne
Antti Raanta

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Joonas Donskoi

Henri Jokiharju

Tuukka Rask
Pekka Rinne
Antti Raanta
1st Line = Power Line
2nd = Magic Line
3rd = High Speed Line
4th = Experienced daddy Line(Okay Armia is the willing to learn son ;))

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Joonas Donskoi

Henri Jokiharju

Tuukka Rask
Pekka Rinne
Antti Raanta
This roster will look a lot better in 2 years. Koivu will be gone but replaced by better players.

Reactions: king89 and illone84

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
This roster will look a lot better in 2 years. Koivu will be gone but replaced by better players.
I'm pretty sure that koivu and filppula will retire after next season (2020-2021). Personally, I'd put together this team:
Laine - Barkov - M64 Granlund
Teräväinen - Aho - Rantanen
Kakko - Hintz - Kapanen
Lehkonen - Haula- Armia

Heiskanen - Ristolainen
Lindell - Jokiharju
Määttä - Nutivaara
Heinola

Rask
Rinne
Raanta

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Looking at how well the junior teams are playing and how good the young guys are doing I reckon the team will consistently get better and better for years to come.

Only question mark is whether Luukkonen or someone else can have the same impact Rask/Rinne have had on the team.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Team switzerland:
Meier-hischier-niederreiter
Fiala-malgin-Andrighetto
Scherwey-haas-hoffmann
Moser-suter-martschini
Praplan

Josi-müller
Siegenthaler-diaz
Kukan-weber
Sbisa

Genoni
Hiller
Senn
What are you guys thoughts on this team seems like a really good team to me, i think this team could make the semis with luck

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
What are you guys thoughts on this team seems like a really good team to me, i think this team could make the semis with luck

Looking pretty good. Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden all got so amazing teams on best of the best tournament, that it would be big shock if Switzerland beat any of them after group stage.

Reactions: Lambo

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It would probably be different then what I showed. Radulov hasn't been getting invited at all recently, some think that there might be a conflict with coaches.

I'm not sure about PK. Kuzy has done a little in the past, so have Malkin, but neither is a regular. Namestnikov is doing it right now, even had a shorty recently. If Mikheyev keeps playing well, he might get an invite and be in that role. Again, coaches like Andronov and Telegin also.

Gusev doesn't make your Team Russia...?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Team switzerland:
Meier-hischier-niederreiter
Fiala-malgin-Andrighetto
Scherwey-haas-hoffmann
Moser-suter-martschini
Praplan

Josi-müller
Siegenthaler-diaz
Kukan-weber
Sbisa

Genoni
Hiller
Senn

I love how good the Swiss are now and have really changed their game to a beautiful brand of hockey. I think you could beat any team at a best on best tournament but I don't think you could sustain the winning for an entire win due to the lack of NHL star goalies and a below Top 5 level D. I also don't think any game would be a blowout. You'd basically be a tremendous dark horse!

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I love how good the Swiss are now and have really changed their game to a beautiful brand of hockey. I think you could beat any team at a best on best tournament but I don't think you could sustain the winning for an entire win due to the lack of NHL star goalies and a below Top 5 level D. I also don't think any game would be a blowout. You'd basically be a tremendous dark horse!
Yeah it’s really nice to see what we‘ve become but yeah we need some good new goalies although i think genoni could be a backup or fringe starter in the nhl maybe akira schmid can make the nhl

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah it’s really nice to see what we‘ve become but yeah we need some good new goalies although i think genoni could be a backup or fringe starter in the nhl maybe akira schmid can make the nhl
I felt like the Swiss had as many as 3 NHL starters not too long ago? Hillier, Gerber and someone else? Goalie's, for smaller hockey nations, seem to come in waves.

As a Czech fan, I really wouldn't want to play that particular Swiss team. I think they'd drive us nuts!

Reactions: illone84

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I always cheer for the Swiss when not playing Finland. Hope to see them win gold in the skoda cup sometime soon! In regards to best on best, well, first Finland needs to win! lol

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Maybe Berra? I could also be wrong altogether. I just remember think the Swiss had more starters than the Czechs. Then I realized they also had better D as we have nothing like Josi.

They also had better D than Finland, it was no joke what they could bring to table.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
They also had better D than Finland, it was no joke what they could bring to table.

What? Comparing them to their ideal team roles:

Josi (all star 1D) >> Heiskanen (2-3D?)
Müller (6-7D?) <<< Risto (3-4D)
Siegenthaler (6-7D) <<< Lindell (#3D? at worst #4D)
Kukan (#7D) <<< Vatanen (#4D)
Weber (#7D) <<< Nutivaara (#5D~)
Sbisa (#7D) << Maatta (#5??? no idea at this point)
Diaz (AHL Top 2 D) << Jokiharju (top 6 D)

Most of the Swiss defensemen get swapped in and out of their respective lineups a lot.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
What? Comparing them to their ideal team roles:

Josi (all star 1D) >> Heiskanen (2-3D?)
Müller (6-7D?) <<< Risto (3-4D)
Siegenthaler (6-7D) <<< Lindell (#3D? at worst #4D)
Kukan (#7D) <<< Vatanen (#4D)
Weber (#7D) <<< Nutivaara (#5D~)
Sbisa (#7D) << Maatta (#5??? no idea at this point)
Diaz (AHL Top 2 D) << Jokiharju (top 6 D)

Most of the Swiss defensemen get swapped in and out of their respective lineups a lot.

Had.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Maybe Berra? I could also be wrong altogether. I just remember think the Swiss had more starters than the Czechs. Then I realized they also had better D as we have nothing like Josi.
Should be berra but hes back in switzerland now did the czechs even have a starter in the near past becuas i cant think of one but i am sure there’s one.
Yeah switzerland maybe has better d but the the czech offense is stronge to me because we have no pasternak or voracek but in best case hischier and meier can get so good

Reactions: mattihp

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be berra but hes back in switzerland now did the czechs even have a starter in the near past becuas i cant think of one but i am sure there’s one.
Yeah switzerland maybe has better d but the the czech offense is stronge to me because we have no pasternak or voracek but in best case hischier and meier can get so good

Czech goalies have been inconsistent the last decade or so.lol

Pavelec was a starter but I think I was his only big fan as he took a lot of heat for being 'the worst starter in the NHL'
Neuvirth looked like he'd be a starter but always got hurt
Mrazek looked like he'd be a starter but then things went badly for a few years, now he looks to be a starter again

It's looking better today as Francouz has cemented himself as a backup. I'm not a 100% certain Mrazek or Rittich have cemented themselves as starters to be honest... I don't see a Vezina coming our way anytime soon.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Czech goalies have been inconsistent the last decade or so.lol

Pavelec was a starter but I think I was his only big fan as he took a lot of heat for being 'the worst starter in the NHL'
Neuvirth looked like he'd be a starter but always got hurt
Mrazek looked like he'd be a starter but then things went badly for a few years, now he looks to be a starter again

It's looking better today as Francouz has cemented himself as a backup. I'm not a 100% certain Mrazek or Rittich have cemented themselves as starters to be honest... I don't see a Vezina coming our way anytime soon.
They definitely look more promising to me than the next swiss goalies
I‘m curious of what you think: do you belive the swiss could get better than czechia in the upcoming years or can the czechs remain better?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They definitely look more promising to me than the next swiss goalies
I‘m curious of what you think: do you belive the swiss could get better than czechia in the upcoming years or can the czechs remain better?
Our next group of goalies is semi promising.. Dostal, Skarek and Korenar could all become NHL calibre. Maybe Vanecek and Vladar as well.

I'm not sure if the Czechs are currently better than the Swiss? Every game at every level seems very even to me. If we did a best on best 7 game series I'm thinking it goes 7 games. Plus the Swiss got to the finals of the World Championships (maybe won it?) a few times in the last 4 years. Took out the Swedes at the World Junior's as well. Czech's really need Chytil, Necas, Zadina, Kaut and Hajek to be successful NHL players to remain relevant. Also, all our limited first round picks seem to be wingers. We need a few good Centre's and desperately need more NHL Dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad