Olympics: Your Country's 2022 Roster? (Assuming NHL participation)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Those juniors are playing in pro league and they are pretty good. Seider is absolutely fantastic kid who´s dominating SHL, he is best drafted player of 2019.

yeah sure, elias who has not even played a single game in DEL is gonna make the team. :huh:

there is better players than Rechel and Peterka. their time will come.

what has lutz and Szuber shown to be part of the team?

Germany are pretty good and have more good players than u 2 realise, they dont need to fill out their best on best team with juniors.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
yeah sure, elias who has not even played a single game in DEL is gonna make the team. :huh:

there is better players than Rechel and Peterka. their time will come.

what has lutz and Szuber shown to be part of the team?

Germany are pretty good and have more good players than u 2 realise, they dont need to fill out their best on best team with juniors.
talking about Reichel Seider and Stutzle

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Without too much thinking my dream team. I left out few promising juniors who are not yet at this level.

Teräväinen-Aho-Laine
Rantanen-Barkov-Granlund
Hintz-Haula-Donskoi
Filppula-Koivu-Armia
Kotkaniemi

Heiskanen-Lindell
Ristolainen-Lehtonen
Määttä-Vatanen
Nutivaara

Rask
Rinne
Saros

Give us the gold already

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Without too much thinking my dream team. I left out few promising juniors who are not yet at this level.

Teräväinen-Aho-Laine
Rantanen-Barkov-Granlund
Hintz-Haula-Donskoi
Filppula-Koivu-Armia
Kotkaniemi

Heiskanen-Lindell
Ristolainen-Lehtonen
Määttä-Vatanen
Nutivaara

Rask
Rinne
Saros

Give us the gold already

Teräväinen - Aho - Laine
Rantanen - Barkov - Kakko
Granlund - Hintz - Kapanen
Armia - Kotkaniemi - Donskoi

Haula, Lehkonen

Koivu and Filppula will be gone. Both are old and slow.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
If I'm Canada, no way I put MacK on McD's wing. They're both at their best when they're lugging the puck up the ice driving their own lines. Canada has plenty of wing depth. Go McD, Mack, Cros, Point up the middle and matchup the Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron line against other team's top lines.

Reactions: BTP and TopCheese

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Teräväinen-Aho-Laine
Rantanen-Barkov-Granlund
Hintz-Haula-Donskoi
Filppula-Koivu-Armia
Kotkaniemi

Heiskanen-Lindell
Ristolainen-Lehtonen
Määttä-Vatanen
Nutivaara

Rask
Rinne
Saros

Give us the gold already
not a bad team...

Is that Saku Koivu???? Does that guy still play???? or no, Mikko Koivu?

EDIT - never mind clearly you mean Mikko Koivu

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Huberdeau - McDavid - Stone
ROR - Point - Mackinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Stamkos - Scheifele - Barzal
Horvat - Couturier - Marner

Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chabot - Spurgeon
Girard - Makar
Rielly - Hamilton

Price
Hellebuyck
Hart

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Not really. I would say Hellebuyck is the clear #1 at this point with a mercurial John Gibson or a broken down Ben Bishop as back-up. Beyond that there's not much to choose from.
fair enough...Quick is still a better option than bishop but Campbell and Demko would be a notch below. Canada really only has Price as a sure thing right now.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
fair enough...Quick is still a better option than bishop but Campbell and Demko would be a notch below. Canada really only has Price as a sure thing right now.

I think the reality is goaltending is not the deepest position across the board at this point. I think most of the top countries are fortunate to have a good/great starter and a competent back-up.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think the reality is goaltending is not the deepest position across the board at this point. I think most of the top countries are fortunate to have a good/great starter and a competent back-up.
Maybe just the Russians at this point...Used to be the Finns...Canada before that.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
I'm not sure if Norway will participate in the olympic tournament since they are in tough qualification group with mainly Denmark that has a stronger squad than us these days on paper But of course we play at home and it isn't excactly Canada or Russia we are facing so it still possible. But we lack good productive forwards that plays in good leagues, espescially centers. Think we should try some of our promising youngsters Pettersen(20 yeas) and and Bakke Olsen(18 year) as centers in the 3rd and 4th line.

Fowards.
Zuccarello(Minnesota, NHL)- P. Thoresen(Storhamar, Fjordkraftligaen)-Ken Andre Olimb(Düsseldorf, DEL)
Haga(WDjurgården SHL)-Trettenes(EhC Biel, NLA-Switzerland)-Rosseli Olsen(Frölunda, SHL)
Mathis Olimb(Wolfsburg, DEL)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen(Stockton Heat, AHL)-Andreas Martinsen(Lillehammer, Fjordkraftligaen)
Røymark(Vålerenga, Fjordkraft)-Eskild Bakke Olsen(Storhamar, Fjordkraft)-Sondre Olden(Vålerenga, Fjordkraft)

Backs:
Lesund(Rögle, SHL)-Holøs(Linköping, SHL)
Bonsaksen(KooKoo, Liiga-Finland)-Espeland(Eisbären Berlin, DEL)
Nörstebø(HV71, SHL)-Johannesen(Düsseldorf,DEL)
Christian Bull(Krefeled, DEL)

Goalkeepers:
Haukeland(Färjestad, SHL)
Jonas Arntzen(Ørebro, SHL)
Lars Volden(Malmø, SHL)

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Goalkeepers:
Lars Volden(Malmø, SHL)

What happened to Lars Haugen? Used to be number 1 for years and then just disappeared from national team. Hes not even old yet and his stats are looking good in last two seasons.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
What happened to Lars Haugen? Used to be number 1 for years and then just disappeared from national team. Hes not even old yet and his stats are looking good in last two seasons.

He decided to go home to Norway and play for Manglerud/star. He wanted to spend more time with his family as he now has a son and will finish his bachelor's degree to prepare for a life after his career.

Maybe he'll play for the national team? But Norway now have three good goalkeepers that play in the SHL and at the same time Henrik Holm in Stavanger Oilers could also be in the squad. So it is good competion between the goalkeepers. I'm not sure if he is considered good enough as we now have three goalkeepers that do well in SHL that is a much better league than norwegian fjordkraftligaen and Henrik Holm in Stavanger Oilers is also playing well.

We'll see who the manager picks :D

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I'm not sure if Norway will participate in the olympic tournament since they are in tough qualification group with mainly Denmark that has a stronger squad than us these days on paper But of course we play at home and it isn't excactly Canada or Russia we are facing so it still possible. But we lack good productive forwards that plays in good leagues, espescially centers. Think we should try some of our promising youngsters Pettersen(20 yeas) and and Bakke Olsen(18 year) as centers in the 3rd and 4th line.

Fowards.
Zuccarello(Minnesota, NHL)- P. Thoresen(Storhamar, Fjordkraftligaen)-Ken Andre Olimb(Düsseldorf, DEL)
Haga(WDjurgården SHL)-Trettenes(EhC Biel, NLA-Switzerland)-Rosseli Olsen(Frölunda, SHL)
Mathis Olimb(Wolfsburg, DEL)-Mathias Emilio Pettersen(Stockton Heat, AHL)-Andreas Martinsen(Lillehammer, Fjordkraftligaen)
Røymark(Vålerenga, Fjordkraft)-Eskild Bakke Olsen(Storhamar, Fjordkraft)-Sondre Olden(Vålerenga, Fjordkraft)

Backs:
Lesund(Rögle, SHL)-Holøs(Linköping, SHL)
Bonsaksen(KooKoo, Liiga-Finland)-Espeland(Eisbären Berlin, DEL)
Nörstebø(HV71, SHL)-Johannesen(Düsseldorf,DEL)
Christian Bull(Krefeled, DEL)

Goalkeepers:
Lars Volden(Malmø, SHL)
Why aren't Norwegians more into hockey if u don't mind me asking.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Why aren't Norwegians more into hockey if u don't mind me asking.
Good question :) We definetly have something to learn from other nations here.

I think one reason is the lack of ice rinks and arenas here. If you see ice rinks by country. Canada: 2500, Sweden:330, Finland:240, USA:1800, Norway:50 However they have built some ice rinks here the later years and you can see good synergies fast when they open, new teams are established, the kids start playing etc.. We just have to few ice rinks here to really grow the sport. All ice rinks are full booked all the time so their is a uncovered demand for more ice rinks. I think this is a big bottleneck to grow the sport and recruit new players.

Competion with other sports. Skiing, speed skating, soccer, handball ++. Those sports offer better career opurtunities and salaries here. If you're among the best skiiers or speed skaters here you'll become a national hero and millionaire. To get some attention as hockey player you have to be among the best in SHL or KHL but preferably play in the NHL.

The national league here "Fjorkraftligaen" isn't of good quality those that are intersted in hockey prefer to watch NHL or maybe SHL on TV. Usually low attendance on the matches and low interst because of low quality. I think we have to improve the quality of our own league a lot to make more people interested in the sport.

+many more reasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad