OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
@Ridley Simon collection these days?
Oh gosh. A bunch. I can’t remember them, as it’s petered out the last few months to some extent. Costs and all.

Dima Orlov GW white road #9
Glen Metropolit GW black capital dome #20
Sergei Federov GW home red #91
Andrei Nikolishin GW black dome #13
Karl Alzner GW white road #27 PLAYOFFS

Def bought another GW Ridley, Iafrate, and….I can’t remember!

I need to check the closet. It’s unfortunately running out of room. Prob 240 or so jammed in there. Had to move some to the garage in bags. “non-essentials”. 1st world problems, I know.

I will check later this evening when I get home.

Sep 19, 2008
Recently completed a book with my photos from the championship year.

PXL_20230522_124934035-1.jpg
PXL_20230522_125003536.jpg
PXL_20230522_125022754.jpg
PXL_20230522_125035767.jpg

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Must resist
I got a bit f***ed up and am afraid to see what I ordered. Checked my email this morning and saw I have an order confirmation from Dick’s. I had a bunch of shit in my cart because I was looking at some golf stuff so I’m hoping I didn’t order everything.

They really need to create a breathalyzer for your phone/computer that prevents you from buying stuff if your BAC is over a certain threshold :laugh:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Sep 19, 2008
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

I don't normally hop on these alternate jersey fads, I own very few, but the black Caps throwback was a good alternate. Shame that it will not be brought back.
That’s truly dumb. The dark blue W is arguably my least favourite jersey of all the ones I own.

Very poor choice by Ted and Co

Reactions: max21

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That’s truly dumb. The dark blue W is arguably my least favourite jersey of all the ones I own.

Very poor choice by Ted and Co
Don't care for either. Never want to see the Caps in that black and blue and tan color scheme again. Ick. The prior version with the screaming eagle in R,W, & B was spiffy tho. Still can't believe the f***ed up the stadium series so bad. The Weagle is a great logo and prime to be their next sweater design, but those things were just butt-ugly.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Don't care for either. Never want to see the Caps in that black and blue and tan color scheme again. Ick. The prior version with the screaming eagle in R,W, & B was spiffy tho. Still can't believe the f***ed up the stadium series so bad. The Weagle is a great logo and prime to be their next sweater design, but those things were just butt-ugly.
The W was just too large on this White Jerseys. I know you hate the Blue Black and Bronze. I’ve always respectfully disagreed.

Loved the Black Dome, and loved the Black Eagle.

The Blue Eagle I admire because it is the hardest GW jersey to find (outside of the stadium and winter classic ones). However I still like them more than the new alternative Navy. It’s just so MEH

Reactions: max21 and Calicaps

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
How did you score Holtby game used pads? Pretty sick Caps room
Thanks man! The left one's are Vanecek and the right ones are Tomas Vokoun. I got them both from a couple people in the DC area who got them from past equipment sales.

The Vanecek's look to be the same ones he used in the bubble playoffs! So they're on all of his rookie hockey cards.

They weren't exactly cheap but cheaper than new goalie pads haha. Not quite into the Holtby stratosphere.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Are those all 16”x20” @The Instigator ? I’ve collected quite a few prints over the years and I’m going to frame them soon. I was just wondering if I could go without a border in the frame, sort of what you did.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Are those all 16”x20” @The Instigator ? I’ve collected quite a few prints over the years and I’m going to frame them soon. I was just wondering if I could go without a border in the frame, sort of what you did.
Yeah they are! I've tested a couple different frames but some of the cheap ones fit goofy. These ones are actually from IKEA. They're cheap ones too but it works for now until I decide on something better.

If you get them professionally done I'm sure they can do the same style. Plus adding UV protection would be a big plus. I'll probably end up doing that eventually.

Reactions: max21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad