OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Very nice jerseys, IMO. Assume the pants are blue…..but red may look really good

Edit — read in WaPo that the pants are blue. I think they might have missed an opportunity there, but I still really like the jersey!

Last edited:

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
Looks like only blank authentics are available for purchase. You can't even get them customized with a player name/number through the website. Gonna have to pass on these.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You guys have some strange expectations for these. As stadium series jerseys go they're really not that bad, and none of them are really ever classics or made to look like classics.

For being experimental in the template they actually pulled it off way better than I expected

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
As I said earlier, should’ve done red pants. That would’ve been hot as a disparate look to all the dark blue of the Weagle.

But they look good. Backs look good too, with big numbers are bold name plates.

Once they are customized, I’m all in. Hell, I would’ve been all in no matter what, but I do really like these

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
You guys have some strange expectations for these. As stadium series jerseys go they're really not that bad, and none of them are really ever classics or made to look like classics.

For being experimental in the template they actually pulled it off way better than I expected
Leave the crazy experimental stuff to the ECHL. This is the big show. Now I will agree that it is more muted than a lot of crap the NHL has put out there for these games and I do appreciate that. But than they did get the blue W outdoor games right IMO, so it can be done.

I’ll also say this. I would take those over the awful black sweaters or anything with gold in it anyday.

Reactions: Calicaps

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Seems like I'm in the minority. I love them. Ordered a blank Authentic and will try to get it customized some time down the line.

Edit: Also, pretty funny that I like this jersey, but don't necessarily love the weagle logo normally.

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Leave the crazy experimental stuff to the ECHL. This is the big show. Now I will agree that it is more muted than a lot of crap the NHL has put out there for these games and I do appreciate that. But than they did get the blue W outdoor games right IMO, so it can be done.

I’ll also say this. I would take those over the awful black sweaters or anything with gold in it anyday.
It's one game (or let's say a handful if they use them again) and hockey fans are persnickety enough about only referencing or duplicating the past. I'm fine with using some meaningless stadium games as a sandbox to try new things

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I like them better as a gimmick jersey now that I’ve seen them with the full gear. I still think they could have done so much better with the Weagle. Saw these at one point on Twitter and thought they were sharp. I do understand though wanting to go simpler and oversized given the sight lines in a stadium versus an arena.

1674756829685.png

The design was made by (@)tylerduchaine on Twitter.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
As I said earlier, should’ve done red pants. That would’ve been hot as a disparate look to all the dark blue of the Weagle.

But they look good. Backs look good too, with big numbers are bold name plates.

Once they are customized, I’m all in. Hell, I would’ve been all in no matter what, but I do really like these
They look cheap to me. Like something one of those yahoos who kept posting uniform combos for the new football team name a couple years ago and the team actually used it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I've wanted a Weagle jersey forever, but... this aint it.

The thing looks like a bad street wear hoodie. Wrap-around prints are dumb, and this isn't even a true wrap-around. The Weagle's wings just truncate under their arms where the two halves are stitched together.

0/10

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
If anyone is interested I have a size 50 Ovechkin RR jersey that’s brand new never worn, it was just too small for me so I got a size up, it’s the Adidas authentic one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad