Proposal: Your best offer for this Sharks package

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I was more looking for top 6 forward rentals

I guess depends in your definition if top 6. But offer seems light to me

Nash brought back a #1 and Lindgren, along with the Cap dumps of Spooner, Beleskey

Grabner yielded a 2d and an early 20's KHL D.

Maybe your 23 year old shows promise as depth or middle 6 F, but that's older, or less established, than top rentals often bring back

Maybe sweeten a bit more with a prospect like a Ready or Weatherby

Gotta admit, this is as much a Cap relief deal for SJS, as it is playoff readiness move

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
you don't have a 2019 1st

Rangers 2020 + 2021 2nds
expiring Zuc reduced
for
SJ 2020 1st, Labanc + ___________

somethin like dat
if we don't have a better offer for Zuc, which I expect will be the case

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
As a Habs fan I’d be willing to take a cap dump for another year or two max if Lebanc is included.

That is a deal that I’d be willing to do if the Sharks need the money to sign Karlsson or any other FA.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I would like to see how Braun would do with Toronto, with either Reilly or Dermott

Gardiner for that package

Reilly Braun
Dermott zaitsev
Hainsey Oz

Labanc and karlsson give them nhl depth to make another move with johnsson or kapenen....Ie adding pesce to the above

And locked up for another year

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Labanc looks like whitney out there sometimes.. quick hands and shifty.. lots of skill

Build around him, its ok

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
you don't have a 2019 1st

Rangers 2020 + 2021 2nds
expiring Zuc reduced
for
SJ 2020 1st, Labanc + ___________

somethin like dat
if we don't have a better offer for Zuc, which I expect will be the case

They don’t have a 2020 1st either

If they make the playoff this year buffalo gets their 1st, Ottawa gets their 2020 1st, if they don’t make playoffs then ithe buf/Ottawa picks flip.

PeguffaloSabres

Aug 7, 2011
Kevin Labanc (51 GP, 30 points, 23 year old RFA 2019)
Justin Braun (47 GP, 12 points, 31 year old, 3.8 million until 2020)
Melker Karlsson (51 GP, 11 points, 28 year old, 2 million until 2020) cap dump
2019 2nd round pick (Florida's)

Mix and match the pieces above in any way. Overall need to free up the 5.8 million from Braun and Melker, Labanc is young and shows promise, but doesn't fit with the Sharks lineup currently.

This is a best offer scenario, but what you're offering is depth, so you're not going to be impressed with the return, unless my name is Chiarelli, then you can have McDavid. If I were running the Sabres, and without taking a lot of time to think about it, and the Sharks said, you need to take these players or I'll throw your daughter in a real shark tank, I'd offer the following.

Lebanc is the type of player the Sabres are looking for to fill depth scoring. Positive value, middle 6 winger who needs defensively reliable players with him.
Braun is a pretty decent RD, something the Sabres need.
M Karlsson is negative value
2019 45th ish overall pick - ok

Sabres have cap space for a couple years, so could take Karlsson. I really don't know what the Sharks needs are here, so I'll do my best for straight player value.

:sharksLebanc, M Karlsson, Braun, 2019 2nd

:sabresBeaulieu, Rodrigues, Asplund

This offer gives the Sabres a top 4 D, freeing them up to trade Scandella to a team in need of a middle 6 LD. Sabres send Beaulieu to a team not only looking for cap space, but also a team that can offer playing time to a much revived Beaulieu to play over guys like Simek and Heed. Rodrigues is a multipositional center that doesn't offer as much offense as Lebanc, but thrives in possession, his own end and points/60. Asplund is a B prospect that plays the game the right way and all but assured to assume a bottom 6 defensive center role in the NHL in the next year or two. This will offset the cost of upgrading on D and scoring for the Sabres, as well as adding the 2nd round pick. Personally, I don't want to trade Asplund, and could likely be interchanged with Malone, who is a very similar player.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I don’t like how OP started this thread.

I doubt Braun or Melker are on the block right now. Both will be Sharks for this postseason run. This off season, who knows. The Sharks need to clear some cap for EK65 et al.

More realistic is Lebanc + for better winger.

Reactions: Gecklund

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Looking at Doug Wilson’s trade history, he’ll probably convince whatever poor soul takes over the Oilers to trade Mcdavid to the sharks for that package while taking Vlasic back as well.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kevin Labanc (51 GP, 30 points, 23 year old RFA 2019)
Justin Braun (47 GP, 12 points, 31 year old, 3.8 million until 2020)
Melker Karlsson (51 GP, 11 points, 28 year old, 2 million until 2020) cap dump
2019 2nd round pick (Florida's)

Mix and match the pieces above in any way. Overall need to free up the 5.8 million from Braun and Melker, Labanc is young and shows promise, but doesn't fit with the Sharks lineup currently.
Is labanc a center? Does he play 3rd line minutes in San Jose? I would do this trade sending back Zucker, Staal, and pateryn, but I’m not sure the cap works there. I’d want the 2nd to be a 1st too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is a best offer scenario, but what you're offering is depth, so you're not going to be impressed with the return, unless my name is Chiarelli, then you can have McDavid. If I were running the Sabres, and without taking a lot of time to think about it, and the Sharks said, you need to take these players or I'll throw your daughter in a real shark tank, I'd offer the following.

Lebanc is the type of player the Sabres are looking for to fill depth scoring. Positive value, middle 6 winger who needs defensively reliable players with him.

Sabres have cap space for a couple years, so could take Karlsson. I really don't know what the Sharks needs are here, so I'll do my best for straight player value.

This offer gives the Sabres a top 4 D, freeing them up to trade Scandella to a team in need of a middle 6 LD. Sabres send Beaulieu to a team not only looking for cap space, but also a team that can offer playing time to a much revived Beaulieu to play over guys like Simek and Heed. Rodrigues is a multipositional center that doesn't offer as much offense as Lebanc, but thrives in possession, his own end and points/60. Asplund is a B prospect that plays the game the right way and all but assured to assume a bottom 6 defensive center role in the NHL in the next year or two. This will offset the cost of upgrading on D and scoring for the Sabres, as well as adding the 2nd round pick. Personally, I don't want to trade Asplund, and could likely be interchanged with Malone, who is a very similar player.

This doesn't really offer the Sharks anything that they need now. This type of deal would happen in the off-season and at that point, they'd probably get a better offer than this. Beaulieu wouldn't get that much playing time honestly. The Sharks left side when healthy is Vlasic, Dillon, and either Ryan or Simek at this point. Beaulieu would certainly beat out the latter two but the Sharks aren't going to pay Beaulieu his worth to play that spot when they have to pay Karlsson and Pavelski and Meier this off-season a decent amount of coin to the point where they have to go cheap in certain spots. I do like Rodrigues but not for this sort of a deal and not when the Sharks have numerous forwards in their system to fill that spot but just need the opportunity.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

This is horrific. The Sharks do not need a single one of those players. Garbage offer.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Melker may be the only one in there with little to no value. People acting like Braun and Labanc having no value just shows that they don’t know much about them or just undervalue them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad