Proposal: Your best offer for this Sharks package

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Kevin Labanc (51 GP, 30 points, 23 year old RFA 2019)
Justin Braun (47 GP, 12 points, 31 year old, 3.8 million until 2020)
Melker Karlsson (51 GP, 11 points, 28 year old, 2 million until 2020) cap dump
2019 2nd round pick (Florida's)

Mix and match the pieces above in any way. Overall need to free up the 5.8 million from Braun and Melker, Labanc is young and shows promise, but doesn't fit with the Sharks lineup currently.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
gardiner ? gives the sharks a top 4 lhd for playoffs then expires

Gives leafs a defensive RHD and some bottom 6 depth if they move out Johnssen , brown, etc in some other moves

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kevin Labanc (51 GP, 30 points, 23 year old RFA 2019)
Justin Braun (47 GP, 12 points, 31 year old, 3.8 million until 2020)
Melker Karlsson (51 GP, 11 points, 28 year old, 2 million until 2020) cap dump
2019 2nd round pick (Florida's)

Mix and match the pieces above in any way. Overall need to free up the 5.8 million from Braun and Melker, Labanc is young and shows promise, but doesn't fit with the Sharks lineup currently.

Rather you call me last moment at the deadline if you are serious about getting rid of them for something. Until then, not interested in those assets. It's the same as the Habs wanting to unload Benn, Hudon, Schlemko, Alzner for the highest returns we can get. Call me last moment at the deadline and if we can make each other happy, we will pull off a deal. If it falls through, so be it.

Pretty sure the 2nd would get you a few phone calls though. What are you looking for? Defenseman or Forward? I'm assuming a forward?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Rather you call me last moment at the deadline if you are serious about getting rid of them for something. Until then, not interested in those assets. It's the same as the Habs wanting to unload Benn, Hudon, Schlemko, Alzner for the highest returns we can get. Call me last moment at the deadline and if we can make each other happy, we will pull off a deal. If it falls through, so be it.

Pretty sure the 2nd would get you a few phone calls though. What are you looking for? Defenseman or Forward? I'm assuming a forward?

So, Kevin LaBanc, a 23 year old with 40 points last year and 30 points this year, is worth the same as the Habs’ packages of Benn/Huron/Alzner/Schlemko, and less than a 2nd round pick?

gardiner ? gives the sharks a top 4 lhd for playoffs then expires

Gives leafs a defensive RHD and some bottom 6 depth if they move out Johnssen , brown, etc in some other moves

I would happily do Braun for Gardiner.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If you put your money in a bag of doo-doo, it lessens the value. This is a terrible package.

Sorry, where is the negative value piece in this package that lessens the value of a promising young piece like LaBanc?

Maybe it’s Melker Karlsson, who is a mediocre 4th liner making $2M for another season. But even then, I reckon somebody would pay at least a 7th for him - he’s a solid penalty killer on pace for 13 goals who has a history of strong playoff runs.

It’s definitely not Justin Braun, who was once a fantastic top-4 RHD, and who GMs probably still covet.

And it definitely couldn’t be a high second round pick from Florida.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
So, Kevin LaBanc, a 23 year old with 40 points last year and 30 points this year, is worth the same as the Habs’ packages of Benn/Huron/Alzner/Schlemko, and less than a 2nd round pick?

I would happily do Braun for Gardiner.

Don't think leafs would do one for one, but the basis is good. gives Leafs address need and add some cap stability for next year

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah the reactions of “bag of poo” and comparisons to packages that really are that kind of confusing to me.

Maybe the more prudent response is that it may be hard to find value in combining these certain players together and that individually or just one or two pieces may be easier to construct a deal around but then again I thought the OP essentially was saying that could be the case...

Anyways, keep comparing Labanc and Braun to Brendan Smith, Matt Beleskey, Karl Alzner and other actually bad and/or completely overpriced or over the hill players.

Reactions: LebrunJames

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pile of scraps for pile of scraps?

i think the sharks just need to take what they can get to clear salary to keep EK

might as well give that guy a blank cheque because he is about to become the highest paid dman in NHL history

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
It's a weird package: Labanc+2nd should get a pretty decent rental. He's a RFA and looks likely to have a pair of 40 point seasons at age 23. Braun is decent piece as well, but as an aging 4/5 d-man that doesn't bring much offensively he isn't a piece every team will want.

The exception would maybe be Edmonton as Braun is better than Manning, Petrovic, Benning, Russel, and Gravel and Labanc would be their fourth best forward and fits their youth. That said, I am not sure they can afford either player and they don't have a top 6 F SJ would want (outside the three obvious guys, but they're too valuable).

Labanc, Braun, 3rd for 1st, Petrovic (cap reasons)? If I were Edmonton, I'd rather go for a higher echelon player than either for that first. On the flip side, I don't think SJ can flip that pick into definitive upgrades on Labanc and Braun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad