WJC: Your all-star team

penguins2946*

After that game, I take back my Pouliot pick.

1 bad game where he still won player of the game shouldn't change anything. The entire Team Canada sucked horribly today. There was literally not 1 good player. If this bumps Pouliot out, it better bump out Mantha.

penguins2946*

Sorry guys, I meant the best player of the tournament. There is no ****ing doubt about it.

Yeah, no. Take off the Blackhawks glasses. A PS goal and an EN goal doesn't make him the best player in the tournament.

Coedae

Apr 10, 2011
Yeah, no. Take off the Blackhawks glasses. A PS goal and an EN goal doesn't make him the best player in the tournament.

Yeah but he has been outstanding the whole tournament. He with Saros is leading Finland to the medals. Great PP and PK, captain and working so hard. One of the greatest players in this tournament, I would say at least MVP.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Important games matters most. So Teräväinen and Forsberg are sure picks, also Saros. Zadorov will be there propably too, Mantha has scored in all games, so he'll be in too.

Forsberg - Teräväinen - Mantha
Zadorov - ?
Saros

?:

Ristolainen: after the Czech-game he said that it was his worst game in two years and he has to be the leader in this team. So he made that step to the best level and was so great today. But I dont think if it'll be enough, because that was just one game. But IMO it was this tournament's best game of any defender so far.

Sweden has propably some good nominees too, maybe Hägg...

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
This semifinal is his first good game, overall not deserve All Star selection.

He was good in his first two games and fantastic tonight. But considering he has missed two games due to fever and he was totally crap against Czech the other night he doesn't deserve to be named to the all star team.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Forsberg - Teräväinen - Wennberg
Buffalo - Sabres
Saros

Best Forward: Teräväinen
Best Defender: Zadorov
Best Goalkeeper: Saros
MVP: Teräväinen

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Buffalo - Sabres
Saros

I agree with most of this. IMO, Wennberg could lose out to someone else and the Gold will decide who gets best forward and MVP between FF and Tera.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Gonna be a lot of Swedes and Finns I think. I have Zadorov, Forsberg and Teräväinen as locks. The medal games take care of the rest.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Buffalo - Sabres
Saros

Putting Risto there is a biased opinion, only games where he has looked somewhat in place were Sweden and Canada games.

Forsberg - Teräväinen - Reway
Zadorov - Olofsson
Saros

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
And after tournament

Reway - Teräväinen - Manatha
Buffalo pairing
Vasilevski

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Burakovsky is pretty much Forsberg x0.5

I don't really care that Forsberg was named MVP. Personally I think it is stupid to overlook Teravainen.

Forsberg lacks hockey smarts. I saw him taking dumb shots yet again today from the corner. He should enjoy the adulation now as I don't think he will be an elite player in the NHL.

And Burakovsky has a much higher all around skill set. Forsberg is simply older right now, has a more mature physique and has spent the year playing vs men. I'm not shocked he produced in the tourney, but it doesn't change his pro projection for me.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Forsberg shouldn't be on the team. Extremely streaky and when he doesn't score his invisible.

Wennberg deserves it more IMO if you're gonna choose a swede. Wennberg has scored a few points, not as many but still a few. The kid is so mature for his age, he's definitely NHL ready. His decision making, passing and 2-way game is through the roof IMO. And if Sweden didn't use Burakowsky on the first unit for some dumb reason Wennberg would've been there and would've had more points IMHO.

For instance tonight Wennberg was great. Not sure if he had any points but he played smart. Got us a few PP's as well. Our PP struggled tonight but as soon as Wennberg was out there things happened.

Both our goals was scored in Power play and on both goals Wennberg was screening the Finnish G real good. Look on replays and you'll see #10 right in front of the G on both goals.

Without does screens we'd lost and got shutout IMO. Cause their D and G was tremendously good. We had 2 screen him to score and no one was willing to do it except Wennberg.

Sarros (sp?) Or Vasilievski (sp?) Should've been named the goalie of the tournament as well.

Dansk was good but too shaky and those other G's that I mentioned was excellent and calm.

AwaKe

Jul 22, 2006
Reway - Teravainen - Slepychev
Zadorov - Ristolainen
Nyffeler

There were really no one standing out on the Swedes team... Im really surprise Forsberg was named MVP as I thought he looked pretty average next to his teammates. Honorable mentions to Damir Zhafyarov and Riley Barber.

All-Underachieving Team

Draisaitl - Faksa - Rychel
Dumba - Carrick
Patterson

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
My final ratings:
Mäenalanen - Teräväinen - Forsberg
Zadorov - Olofsson
Saros

Honorary mentions: Mantha, Butcher, Vasilevsky