WJC: Your all-star team

Patkane

Aug 19, 2010
Teräväinen's been the best forward of the tournament without doubt. He is on his own level.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Some bias there. Hes been good but not outstanding, let alone "on his own level".

Agree on here. He has been great making nifty little plays here and there and generating chances, but can't really say he has been "on his own level".

Now the "real/meaningful" games begin and we will see who will step on to another level.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Going 3 Forwards, not strict by position.

1st
Forsberg-Wennberg-Reway
Zadorov-Butcher
Saros

2nd
Mantha-Teräväinen-Griger
Pouliot-Ekblad
Vasilievski

First team was pretty much set in stone.. almost picked Mantha but ultimately went with Reway instead. And Teräväinen and Griger rounds out the top 6 forwards so far. Was a bit iffy with the defensemen after that.. I have been impressed with Ekbland so I gave him a spot and Pouliot to.. but it was quite hard to select. Vasilievski besides the first period against USA would have been my pick for the best goalie in the tournament and he will likely be selected as the one if Russia beats Sweden and takes the whole tournament.

I dont understand why some have Drouin on the all star team? He has been quite the dissapointment. Sloppy plays, frustrated and not working very hard at times... probably not on my third team either.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Some of the guys being picked have gotten most of their points on the power play and vs weaker opponents.

I don't know how you Swedes feel, but I'll take Wennberg over Forsberg any day. Reway is great, but 5 on 5, he really wasn't close to the same player. Mantha to me is the easiest choice up front. He hasn't just gotten points. He usually is involved in the ones the make the difference in the game.

Teravainen-Wennberg-Mantha
Zadorov-Ekblad
Vasilevski

Much will be determined though over the next few days.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I'd say:
Mantha-Wennberg-Forsberg
Zadorov-Grzelcyk(sp?)
Vasilievski

5/6 is pretty easy to me from what I've seen. The tricky one is the second d-man after Zadorov. Grzelcyk is hard to spell and has looked good. G.Reinhart hasn't played much but looks solid. Hägg has been the best swedish D but he's a bit of a roller coaster positionally. I've liked Tryamkin and Vasiliev on the russian team as well.

Ofc now is when the tournament really takes off, will be very interesting to see which players step up.

NewHabsEra*

Is it about pts added in the tournament or about the best overall looking players? I dont think Reway should be there if its about best overall players and Im a Habs fan..

Drouin Taravainen Forsberg have been the best players in this tournament IMO..

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Forsberg - Drouin - Mantha
Zadorov - Olofsson
Saros

Closest F Wennberg, D Ekblad, G Vasilevski.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Is it about pts added in the tournament or about the best overall looking players? I dont think Reway should be there if its about best overall players and Im a Habs fan..

Well, Forsberg was voted to the 2013 All-Star Team and he wasn't among the top ten scorers or Sweden's leading scorer...

Mantha - Forsberg - Teräväinen
Zadorov - Pouliot
Saros

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Hägg shouldn't be anywhere near an allstar team. He's been slow on his feet (he's been beet easily quite a bit with forwards quickly turning the other way) and isn't even on the top-3 for his own team (Arnesson, Djoos & Olofsson).

Mantha-Teräväinen-Forsberg
Zadorov-Up for grabs
Up for grabs

For the second D spot there's lot of maybe's (Olofsson, Arnesson, Grzelcyk, Ekblad, Reinhart, Pokka, Ristolainen) and for the goaltending its betweeen Saros and Dansk for me but to early to call and Vasilevski is still in it but has to be brilliant in the next two matches to win it for me.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Reway - Wennberg - Mantha
Pouliot - Zadorov
Vasilevski

Russia would be dead in the water without Vasilevski. IMO he's the best goalie prospect to come along in a long time.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
It's pretty clear that if Teravainen would give those feeds to forwards of Canada or Sweden he would have s***load of assists allready. Ok 9 isn't bad so far either.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Each and every poster chose Zadorov. I guess this is because of those two bombs from the line right. He has been very shaky in his own zone frequently making wrong decisions. Same with Ristolainen.

US defenseman all looked good form the other hand.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Mantha - Teravainen - Forsberg
Zadorov - Pouliot
Saros

Edit: Originally had Vasilevski, but I have changed my mind and gone with Saros. The next two games are what will really matter in the decision between those two.

Last edited:

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Teräväinen - Mantha - Forsberg
Ristolainen - Sulak (jk, those 2 have been Niinimaa-esque)
Saros

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People are picking Grzelcyk??

He must have a brother I don't know about because Matt Grzelcyk was absolutely terrible.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
People are picking Grzelcyk??

He must have a brother I don't know about because Matt Grzelcyk was absolutely terrible.

Totally agree. I think that too many picks have been made from the scoring leader's list.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Totally agree. I think that too many picks have been made from the scoring leader's list.

Indeed, it would seem that way. The secondary assists he padded his stats with were just about the only things Grzelcyk did that didn't make me cringe.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Yup

Mantha-Teräväinen-Forsberg
?-?
?

Haven't decided on the defense & goalie yet.

I wonder what Erikfromfin's line up would be? Or no, I don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad