WJC: Your all-star team

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Putting Risto there is a biased opinion, only games where he has looked somewhat in place were Sweden and Canada games.
Yeah he came over late after being out with a concussion for a month. And then got the flu after arriving in Sweden. He was pretty brutal in the first half of the CZE game but stepped it up after that.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Forsberg shouldn't be on the team. Extremely streaky and when he doesn't score his invisible.

Wennberg deserves it more IMO if you're gonna choose a swede. Wennberg has scored a few points, not as many but still a few. The kid is so mature for his age, he's definitely NHL ready. His decision making, passing and 2-way game is through the roof IMO. And if Sweden didn't use Burakowsky on the first unit for some dumb reason Wennberg would've been there and would've had more points IMHO.

For instance tonight Wennberg was great. Not sure if he had any points but he played smart. Got us a few PP's as well. Our PP struggled tonight but as soon as Wennberg was out there things happened.

Both our goals was scored in Power play and on both goals Wennberg was screening the Finnish G real good. Look on replays and you'll see #10 right in front of the G on both goals.

Without does screens we'd lost and got shutout IMO. Cause their D and G was tremendously good. We had 2 screen him to score and no one was willing to do it except Wennberg.

Sarros (sp?) Or Vasilievski (sp?) Should've been named the goalie of the tournament as well.

Dansk was good but too shaky and those other G's that I mentioned was excellent and calm.

Wennberg was by far my favorite Swede in the tournament, and I really like Lindholm too. Wennberg did way more today than Forsberg and I was in no way shocked about that.

Dansk winning over Saros or Vasilevski is ridiculous too.

The people voting are a little clueless. Points aren't everything.

Jaan

May 10, 2013
Chosing Dansk is just cringe worthy. Tournament's 3rd best (maybe not even that) over Saros and Vasilevski... :help:

Also, MVP: TT. Nuff said.

RomersWorld*

Teuvo Teravainen: 7 games, 2 goals, 13 assists, 15 points, +11 (Gold medal)
Fillip Forsberg: 7 games, 4 goals, 8 assists, 12 points, +3 (Silver medal)

What a crock that Forsberg undeservedly got the MVP when Teuvo was definitely the MVP of the tourney.

Teuvo lead the WJC in points, +/- and lead his team to Gold.

He was on the ice for 12 even strength goals for and 1 even strength goal against.

TT on the ice for 17 of Finland's 27 goals (63%).

TT had points(goals/assists) on 15 of Finland's 27 goals (56%)
Forsberg had points(goals/assists) on 12 of Sweden's 32 goals (38%)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Teuvo Teravainen: 7 games, 2 goals, 13 assists, 15 points, +11 (Gold medal)
Fillip Forsberg: 7 games, 4 goals, 8 assists, 12 points, +3 (Silver medal)

What a crock that Forsberg undeservedly got the MVP when Teuvo was definitely the MVP of the tourney.

Teuvo lead the WJC in points, +/- and lead his team to Gold.

He was on the ice for 12 even strength goals for and 1 even strength goal against.

TT on the ice for 17 of Finland's 27 goals (63%).

TT had points(goals/assists) on 15 of Finland's 27 goals (56%)
Forsberg had points(goals/assists) on 12 of Sweden's 32 goals (38%)

One reason TT didn't get MVP was probably that he didn't do enough goals and his 2 only goals weren't proper goals as one was on empty net and one was from a penalty shot, which he wasn't even supposed to be shooting.

Still I don't think Forsberg deserves to be the MVP when he didn't have as great of a final game as his other games were. So I'd give the MVP award to TT or Saros.

Also for the same reason as above I don't understand how Dansk was selected the best goalie over Saros/Vasilevski when he wasn't that great in the final. I guess the awarded players were chosen before the final game? But then again, if that was the case, Ristolainen wouldn't have been in the allstar team without that golden goal.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
All-Underachieving Team

Draisaitl - Faksa - Rychel
Dumba - Carrick
Patterson

Really? If you are highlighting the penalties, then I kinda understand.. it's not very easy to carry a below avarage team as a lone superstar in the team.
For me his playing looked like Thomas Vanek when he is playing with Austria, uninterested and frustrated.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Agree on here. He has been great making nifty little plays here and there and generating chances, but can't really say he has been "on his own level".

Now the "real/meaningful" games begin and we will see who will step on to another level.

Check and Mate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad