Post-Game Talk: Your 5 "Goats" of this debacle against the Sharks

5 "Goats" of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lean

Aug 10, 2021
Tatar had a goal, was 1-0 in goals for, and pretty dominant in on ice shots for.

Zacha with a nice night as well.

Hughes? I wouldn't rank him as our best player.
Tatar had a very lucky goal and about 1000 turnovers (per usual)

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't know what the hell happened to Smith. It's really weird, I don't think it's his injury, he's been in decent position for the most part, going to the right spots but holy hell has he made some terribad decisions with the puck.

It's been mostly all mental mistakes which is a shame because he's not gifted physically, not the best skater, it's his smarts that got him this far and without that he's toast.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I’m gonna put my own twist on this since Hughes was really our only good player…

5 WOATS (no order)
Smith
Subban
Nico (effortless game stfu about his secondary assist)
Tatar
Blackwood (first goal was all him and kinda sunk the ship)
He created that goal. His secondary assist was better than Zacha’s primary assist. I didn’t think he was great but he wasn’t terrible either IMO and there was definitely worse players.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't know what the hell happened to Smith. It's really weird, I don't think it's his injury, he's been in decent position for the most part, going to the right spots but holy hell has he made some terribad decisions with the puck.

It's been mostly all mental mistakes which is a shame because he's not gifted physically, not the best skater, it's his smarts that got him this far and without that he's toast.
I think his confidence is just in the shitter.

Reactions: JK3

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They need to skate and rotate more on the PP though.
First things first imo is having some true ozone possession time. We have struggled mightly just setting up.

I think Jack having the puck on his stick will be a big factor here.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m more concerned these types of games are becoming more and more frequent lately. Florida, Nashville and now tonight. Eventually you can’t keep having games where you burn a period off the game tape like the second tonight. Team showed up in the first but at the slightest push back from SJS they folded. That offside challenge by Ruff was hysterically bad too and led to the GWG. Awful night all around after a fun lead up. They better show up thursday because the Jets are going to be seething after that Arizona loss yesterday.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
First things first imo is having some true ozone possession time. We have struggled mightly just setting up.

I think Jack having the puck on his stick will be a big factor here.

Skating a rotating positions helps ozone possession time. Staying static allows the killing team to be aggressive on the puck.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

There is absolutely nothing to be excited about with him. Right now he’s Butcher with brain damage.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ugh, Ruff shut down that question about the PP quickly. He's convinced what they're doing is going to work, yuck.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I’m more concerned these types of games are becoming more and more frequent lately. Florida, Nashville and now tonight. Eventually you can’t keep having games where you burn a period off the game tape like the second tonight. Team showed up in the first but at the slightest push back from SJS they folded. That offside challenge by Ruff was hysterically bad too and led to the GWG. Awful night all around after a fun lead up. They better show up thursday because the Jets are going to be seething after that Arizona loss yesterday.

Minnesota Thursday, Winnipeg Friday. Wild can score at will this year, so they need to be sharp. Jets are in a slump like we are but have a lot of firepower and Hellebuyck is a top goalie. Neither game will be easy. I just hope they don’t embarrass me in attendance Friday.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They aren't beating the Jets. They are basically a more talented version of the Sharks. Big, heavy, skilled, and structured. That's basically kryptonite to our smallish young team.
Minnesota they can get the W if the Wild are not at the very top of their game and our boys bring their best.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
They aren't beating the Jets. They are basically a more talented version of the Sharks. Big, heavy, skilled, and structured. That's basically kryptonite to our smallish young team.
Minnesota they can get the W if the Wild are not at the very top of their game and our boys bring their best.

If there was ever a time to beat the Jets, it’s now. They are not playing good hockey the past couple of weeks. They want Maurice gone badly. On paper, they look great but their structure has been subpar and they just can’t score as of late. But, we’ve had zero success against them outside of 2011-2012.

Chris Lean

Aug 10, 2021
I don’t think he wanted to challenge. It’s the video coach. When they were reviewing it they cut to the devils bench. Him and recctard were even watching it on the iPad basically saying “what the f*** why did we do that”

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

Playing styles aside, the Jets have just as mediocre of a record as we do.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Skating a rotating positions helps ozone possession time. Staying static allows the killing team to be aggressive on the puck.
I think what you say is accurate but pertains more to when a team is set up in the offensive zone. We rarely are able to do so, instead we are chasing and struggling to gain possession. I think winning those battles and making clean passes out of those battles is a more pertinent issue.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
This team needs to add at least two GREAT scoring wingers. Hughes isn't known for scoring goals and Nico is on pace for 9 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad