Speculation: Your 2014-15 Colorado Avalanche! (Roster, lines, Surprises)

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Iginla isn't playing with Mackinnon. The Duchene line needs a RH shot and the down-low style fits Iginla better than the Mackinnon run-and-gun game.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well, from that article it looks like at least they gonna try him with Landeskog and Mac

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's going to be interesting to see how the fourth line shapes up next year. With Bordeleau, Cliche and Malone/Carey they got limited minutes and plenty of offensive zone starts.

A fourth line of McLeod/Winchester/Talbot (with a fully healthy team) can play a different role. Roy doesn't have to play Bordeleau every game. He doesn't have to give a marginal player like Cliche playing time, especially since Winchester can take his PK time. Last year it was almost like Roy was forced to play Cliche because of his decision to use the bottom six players on the PK and Bordeleau couldn't. That left McLeod, McGinn, Mitchell, Talbot and Cliche doing it.

It's a theoretical discussion since we'll have two broken femurs in game two and it's all hands on deck.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I think Tanguay ends up on a line with Landeskog and Mackinnon. They excelled with a playmaker on that line and O'Reilly and Duchene need a big body so I think Iginla will be with them. But that leaves McGinn, Mitchell, and Briere for the third line, and personally I don't think that line would work with 3 shoot first players. I could potentially see them trying out Briere with Dutchs line and Tanguay with the shooters with McGinn and Mitchell. But Tanguay isn't exactly a 3rd liner. Going to be a lot of battles to watch during camp. Especially on D for that bottom pairing and extra spot. Personally see Redmond getting the spot and Guenin and Elliott being the extras.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Baring chemistry issues it makes no sense to have Tanguay with Duchene (our 2 best passers) or Iggy with Lando (our 2 power forwards) or MacK with Duchene (our 2 best playmakers).

Maybe it's just my personal belief, but balanced, versatile lines are the best. Have 2 lines with power, scoring, passing, defense and playmaking ability instead of a power line and a playmaking line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad