Your 19/20 "Buy/Sell" thread

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sell. They are the CBJ's boogeyman, kryptonite, and big brother. Bengals never beat the Steelers, Chargers (rarely) beat the Cheifs, and we can't beat Pittsburgh.

Panarin is boo'd at his first game at NWA. Bobrovsky is cheered

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. They are the CBJ's boogeyman, kryptonite, and big brother. Bengals never beat the Steelers, Chargers (rarely) beat the Cheifs, and we can't beat Pittsburgh.

Panarin is boo'd at his first game at NWA. Bobrovsky is cheered

Buy. Panarin had a mercenary "I no like dis cow town" aura and wasn't here very long and he went to New York. Bob will be in the "let bygones be begones" camp for most and the body of his work will carry the day with the crowd not the messiness of his departing season.

There will be both cheering and booing for both, but I'll buy based on my projected majority crowd response.

Buy/Sell

Werenski will sign a 3 year deal with the CBJ.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Buy. Panarin had a mercenary "I no like dis cow town" aura and wasn't here very long and he went to New York. Bob will be in the "let bygones be begones" camp for most and the body of his work will carry the day with the crowd not the messiness of his departing season.

There will be both cheering and booing for both, but I'll buy based on my projected majority crowd response.

Buy/Sell

Werenski will sign a 3 year deal with the CBJ.

Buy. I just think he's going to maximize himself.

Buy or Sell, Nyquist finishes in the top 3 for points on the team?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Buy. I just think he's going to maximize himself.

Buy or Sell, Nyquist finishes in the top 3 for points on the team?

Gonna sell. I think one of Seth/Zach has a big offensive year and joins Cam and PLD in the top 3.

Buy/sell -- One of Seth/Zach has a big offensive year and is among the team's top three scorers in terms of points.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy/sell -- One of Seth/Zach has a big offensive year and is among the team's top three scorers in terms of points.

I'll buy, but hesitatingly.

Buy/Sell: Top Jackets' scorer is under 60 points

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I'll buy, but hesitatingly.

Buy/Sell: Top Jackets' scorer is under 60 points

Buy. I think the scoring will be evenly distributed.
B/S Jarmo fires himself as GM to take the President's job. Zito becomes GM.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Buy. I think the scoring will be evenly distributed.
B/S Jarmo fires himself as GM to take the President's job. Zito becomes GM.

Sell. Jarmo is ten years younger than Ken Holland, who just refused the Wings team president role on the grounds that he was too young to retire. :laugh:

Cam will be in Torts' doghouse at some point.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Sell. Jarmo is ten years younger than Ken Holland, who just refused the Wings team president role on the grounds that he was too young to retire. :laugh:

Cam will be in Torts' doghouse at some point.

Sell. At least not so far in as to be benched or reduce playing time. I wouldn't count line shuffling to get him going as being in the doghouse, for instance.

B/S: The Jackets go into the draft with more picks than they have now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sell. At least not so far in as to be benched or reduce playing time. I wouldn't count line shuffling to get him going as being in the doghouse, for instance.

B/S: The Jackets go into the draft with more picks than they have now.
Sell; I think it more likely that no picks get traded.

Buy/Sell: Foudy gets a cup of coffee at the NHL level to start, but ultimately spends the bulk of the season in the AHL.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Sell; I think it more likely that no picks get traded.

Buy/Sell: Foudy gets a cup of coffee at the NHL level to start, but ultimately spends the bulk of the season in the AHL.

Sell. I think it's more likely that he starts the year off in the AHL and that Bemstrom, Texier and even Milano would be on the opening night roster over Foudy.

B/S: A CBJ player will have a higher point total than Duchene's next year.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sell. I think it's more likely that he starts the year off in the AHL and that Bemstrom, Texier and even Milano would be on the opening night roster over Foudy.

B/S: A CBJ player will have a higher point total than Duchene's next year.

Agree on Foudy, I guess its a tentative buy on the points vs Duchene. Nashville doesn't do much to generate points. I guessing someone hits 60 for the Jackets and Duchene is somewhere i the 50's.

B/S: Milano sticks out of camp.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Agree on Foudy, I guess its a tentative buy on the points vs Duchene. Nashville doesn't do much to generate points. I guessing someone hits 60 for the Jackets and Duchene is somewhere i the 50's.

B/S: Milano sticks out of camp.

Agree on your Duchene logic ^^

I'll buy Milano makes it out of camp.

B/S: Milano is sent down at some point during the year (assuming he's up).

(is he waiver exempt?)

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Agree on your Duchene logic ^^

I'll buy Milano makes it out of camp.

B/S: Milano is sent down at some point during the year (assuming he's up).

(is he waiver exempt?)
Buy. I dont think he will be sent down though, I think MGT is going to make their final decision on Milano's future here and will let him play regardless.

PLD and Atkinson being the biggest threats offensively, will have down years.
(PLD will barely break 50points & Atkinson will be under 25goals)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy. I dont think he will be sent down though, I think MGT is going to make their final decision on Milano's future here and will let him play regardless.

PLD and Atkinson being the biggest threats offensively, will have down years.
(PLD will barely break 50points & Atkinson will be under 25goals)

Assuming the second is a B/S I'll sell. If it turns out to be a buy then we will be well positioned for a shot at ‎Alexis Lafrenière.

B/S: V V winds up in Columbus and plays more than 20 games.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Assuming the second is a B/S I'll sell. If it turns out to be a buy then we will be well positioned for a shot at ‎Alexis Lafrenière.

B/S: V V winds up in Columbus and plays more than 20 games.

Sell. I think if there's an injury or less likely Lafreniere play that would support that we will sign or trade for a veteran stop gap.

Buy or sell, someone other than cam leads the team with goals.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sell. I think if there's an injury or less likely Lafreniere play that would support that we will sign or trade for a veteran stop gap.

Buy or sell, someone other than cam leads the team with goals.
Easy sell, unless he gets injured. That said...

Buy/sell: Anderson and Bjorkstrand will combine for more than half again the number of goals Atkinson scores. (i.e. if he manages 30, they'll manage 45 or more between 'em)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Easy sell, unless he gets injured. That said...

Buy/sell: Anderson and Bjorkstrand will combine for more than half again the number of goals Atkinson scores. (i.e. if he manages 30, they'll manage 45 or more between 'em)
Buy, in part because I think that will need to happen for the team to have the success I anticipate.

Buy/Sell - Before seasons end, Kukan will surpass both Harrington and Gavrikov on the DMan ladder.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Buy, in part because I think that will need to happen for the team to have the success I anticipate.

Buy/Sell - Before seasons end, Kukan will surpass both Harrington and Gavrikov on the DMan ladder.

"Surpass" implies he is currently behind them. In the playoffs Kukan was the clear #4, on a pair with David Savard. Harrington was healthy and stayed on the third pair, and Gavrikov didn't get in the lineup until the last two games. Gavrikov seems pretty good though, I'm not buying or selling here, just quibbling with premises.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kukan was the de-facto #4 because he played well and somebody needed to fill the void Nutivaara left. Let's not act like Kukan had a good season. By and large Harrington was better than Kukan, and outside of the last two or three games in the Boston series, Harrington played more. But I think there is more untapped potential in Kukan than Harrington, so I'll buy on him being higher than Harrington, but sell on Gavrikov. I still think either him or Harrington get traded before the season starts, and its probably Kukan as Harrington just got an extension.

Nutivaara scores over 25 points this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad