Your 19/20 "Buy/Sell" thread

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Buy. There's usually a free one given out at the home opener.

Riley Nash ends the season with 25 or more points.

Sell. Two of his past three seasons have been 12 and 17 points.

Buy/Sell.......Korpisalo is sent to the minors/claimed on waivers by season's end.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sell. Even if he bottoms out he would have value as a trade chip. If Anton Forsberg can get traded, so can Korpi. Regardless, I don't think he'll bottom out. I think he'll be just as good as he was last year, which was mediocre, but not bad enough to leave the NHL.

Foligno scores in the 30's for points again this year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. Even if he bottoms out he would have value as a trade chip. If Anton Forsberg can get traded, so can Korpi. Regardless, I don't think he'll bottom out. I think he'll be just as good as he was last year, which was mediocre, but not bad enough to leave the NHL.

Foligno scores in the 30's for points again this year.

Buy. He's only scored above 39 points thrice. I remember watching him play when he first got here and thought he should score much more than he was. Then he erupted in 14-15 for 73 points which was in the top 10 in the league. Then Jarmo bought high on him-but he's a very worthwhile player despite his disappointing scoring totals.

Buy/Sell.............Texier spends some time in the AHL this season.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy/Sell.............Texier spends some time in the AHL this season.

I'll Buy. Don't think it'll be a long stay but he'll probably need a confidence boost at some point.

B/S Bemstrom fails to make the team out of camp

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll Buy. Don't think it'll be a long stay but he'll probably need a confidence boost at some point.

B/S Bemstrom fails to make the team out of camp

Sell. Jarmo's been pumping his tires too much. A trip to the minors later is very possible no doubt.
Buy/Sell..........There's some significant on ice incident between Bobrovski and/or Panarin and a CBJ player(s) when their respective teams play the CBJ.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Buy/Sell..........There's some significant on ice incident between Bobrovski and/or Panarin and a CBJ player(s) when their respective teams play the CBJ.

Buy. I could see someone fighting Panarin. And Panarin willing to go. Not a great hockey fight, but a fight that is mostly grabbing.

B/S: Milano scores 10 or more goals in the NHL this year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Buy. I could see someone fighting Panarin. And Panarin willing to go. Not a great hockey fight, but a fight that is mostly grabbing.

B/S: Milano scores 10 or more goals in the NHL this year.

I'd buy a fight with Panarin, but probably a play fight with Cam in warm up or something. Panarin is such a goof. But he can also chuck them so watch out.

Buy on Milano. He's not waiver exempt so he'll be on one NHL roster or another, possibly a few this year. And the guy can score.

Buy/Sell: By the end of the year Texier is a full time center.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Buy.

B/S: The CBJ finish ahead of Pittsburgh.

Sell. While Galchenyuk for Kessel was a massive downgrade, Malkin will probably rebound from a poor season and The Kid still has more in the tank.

Buy/Sell..... The CBJ finish ahead of the Devils.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell. I don't see him making the team. But he'll get a few games up during the season.

Brandon Dubinsky gets bought out next summer.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sell. The way things are going he'll sign Sept 2020

Buy/Sell: Kukan is odd man out on D and gets claimed

Sell. I remember when they kept Harrington on the shelf for most of a season, just so he wouldn't hit waivers. And Kukan has shown a higher level than that. Kukan was the Jackets #4D in the playoffs and played ably.

Buy/Sell: 8D all year.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sell. I remember when they kept Harrington on the shelf for most of a season, just so he wouldn't hit waivers. And Kukan has shown a higher level than that. Kukan was the Jackets #4D in the playoffs and played ably.

Buy/Sell: 8D all year.

I'll buy here and I'll buy my guess Kukan is the odd guy out. Jarmo has a tough decision to make.

Buy/Sell: Dubi gets suspended by the team for more than 1 game

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell. I hope whatever issues that came up during that Vegas trip have been completely solved. Wonder if we will ever hear that full story.

Oliver Bjorkstrand starts the season off slowly again.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. I hope whatever issues that came up during that Vegas trip have been completely solved. Wonder if we will ever hear that full story.

Oliver Bjorkstrand starts the season off slowly again.

Buy. Given the Torts line blender and his lack of patience with those who aren't "checkers" I think it's more likely that he starts off slowly than quickly.

Buy/Sell...........Bjorkstrand scores 25 or more goals.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Buy. Given the Torts line blender and his lack of patience with those who aren't "checkers" I think it's more likely that he starts off slowly than quickly.

Buy/Sell...........Bjorkstrand scores 25 or more goals.
Buy, but only if he gets time in top 6 (for reasons you stated).

Buy/Sell - One of the current RWs is moved to LW.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego

Sell. Assuming we are talking about Cam, Andy, and Bjorkstrand, it’s not that I think they won’t spend a little time on the same line at some point with one moving to the left side, but I think that our left side will prove to be pretty crowded. By midseason, I think that Nyquist, Texier, Foligno, and Bemstrom will all be more than capable on a scoring line, which will generally keep our top RWs in their usual position.

Buy or Sell: Gavrikov will be considered one of the team’s top 4 defensemen by the end of the year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'll sell on that, I'd like to see Bjorky move to LW but it's good to spread the scoring anyways. Torts will want someone strong at 3RW. As far as Bjorkstrand's scoring goes - take note that he scored 23 goals last year while being a distant 8th in ice time among forwards. He might score 25 even if you attach boat anchors to him for 3/4 of the year - last year this was his goal scoring by center:

Wennberg - 406 mins - 8 goals
Jenner - 207 mins - 6 goals
Dubois - 120 mins - 6 goals
Dubinsky - 88 mins - 0 goals
Foligno - 85 mins - 3 goals

I see a couple interesting things here.

- one is that his goal scoring scales up with good linemates even more than you'd expect. 6 goals in 120 minutes is off the charts good, so good of course that no one has ever done that pace over a full season and it's totally unrealistic to expect anyone to do that, but it's nonetheless a great performance.

- two is that even though his scoring rate is much much lower with Wennberg (1.18 G/60) than with Dubois (3 G/60), Foligno (2.1 G/60), or Jenner (1.73 G/60), 1.18 is still a higher goal scoring rate than most players ever do. Artemi Panarin has never done that in his career. Foligno didn't do that even in his career year. 2017-18 was the only year Bjorkstrand's goal scoring rate wasn't in that area or higher.

-----------------------------------------------​

Buy/Sell - there's drama around MSL's PP role encroaching on Larsen's. Torts will have one blow up directed at the media about it and then refuse to discuss it again.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sell. Assuming we are talking about Cam, Andy, and Bjorkstrand, it’s not that I think they won’t spend a little time on the same line at some point with one moving to the left side, but I think that our left side will prove to be pretty crowded. By midseason, I think that Nyquist, Texier, Foligno, and Bemstrom will all be more than capable on a scoring line, which will generally keep our top RWs in their usual position.

Buy or Sell: Gavrikov will be considered one of the team’s top 4 defensemen by the end of the year.

I'll buy. I think he'll factor in ahead of Brannstrom. Oh wait, on the Blue Jackets? I doubt Gavrikov will outplay Savard. Every time I've expected Savard to slip down the depth chart he has continued to be one of our best D-men. And Gavrikov isn't close to Murray's talent level. I'll sell on it.

Buy/Sell : see my post above.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I'll buy......I was able to see your post above (but I think most users were able to see your post unless they have you on mute - or moot for the grammatically challenged).

Buy - Sell. Panarin gets a tribute video upon return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad