Your 19/20 "Buy/Sell" thread

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Buy. This is a streaky team.

B/S: Cam plays in the all star game.
Reluctantly sell; I think we'll get cut down to just Jones as representation as an excuse to bring in guys from other Metro teams. (But he'll be deserving, IMO)

Buy/Sell: Both Jones and Werenski score over 50 points.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Reluctantly sell; I think we'll get cut down to just Jones as representation as an excuse to bring in guys from other Metro teams. (But he'll be deserving, IMO)

Buy/Sell: Both Jones and Werenski score over 50 points.

Sell. Jones might but Z will probably be a bit restrained in a more defensive-oriented system. No "rover" for Z this year.

Buy/Sell.......Texier, Bemstrom and Bjorkstrand combine for 50 goals.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy/Sell.......Texier, Bemstrom and Bjorkstrand combine for 50 goals.

They better or Jackets are in trouble. Assuming Bemstrom even makes the team. I'll give a have to have buy on this one but I'm not sure.

Buy/Sell Jackets carry 8 D all season when the top 8 are all healthy.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sell. I still believe one defenseman gets traded before the season starts. And if not, I think they may send Gavrikov to the minors unless he outplays Harrington and Kukan. If he does, Kukan goes on waivers.

One of Nutivaara or Murray gets traded this season

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sell. I still believe one defenseman gets traded before the season starts. And if not, I think they may send Gavrikov to the minors unless he outplays Harrington and Kukan. If he does, Kukan goes on waivers.

One of Nutivaara or Murray gets traded this season

Sell. It will be Werenski. :naughty:

Torts will lose some rope this year (translation: the FO will start thinking about letting him go).

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. It will be Werenski. :naughty:

Torts will lose some rope this year (translation: the FO will start thinking about letting him go).

Buy. They've got to deflect blame on someone other than themselves for their mistakes. Standard front office operating procedure.

Buy/Sell..........If Torts is fired, then Brad Shaw will be named interim head coach

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Buy. They've got to deflect blame on someone other than themselves for their mistakes. Standard front office operating procedure.

Buy/Sell..........If Torts is fired, then Brad Shaw will be named interim head coach

Sell. It will be Larsen (unfortunately).

Buy/sell, Atkinson isn't the highest goal scorer on the team.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. It will be Larsen (unfortunately).

Buy/sell, Atkinson isn't the highest goal scorer on the team.

That's a good one.

I'll buy. PLD, Anderson or Bjorkstrand could outscore him. Based on Jarmo's pumping of Bemstrom, maybe even him.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
here's a somewhat easy one, atleast to me.

the jackets averaged 16,658 people in attendance last season which was 24th most... the Jackets will regress in attendance numbers this year.

buy/sell

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
here's a somewhat easy one, atleast to me.

the jackets averaged 16,658 people in attendance last season which was 24th most... the Jackets will regress in attendance numbers this year.

buy/sell

Buy.

B/S: Zac Dalpe plays 5 or more games for Columbus.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Buy.

B/S: Zac Dalpe plays 5 or more games for Columbus.

Buy. He was signed to a 2 year deal and has averaged 6 NHL games per year over the past 4 years. Injuries and inevitable send downs of younger players will be enough to get him 5 games played this coming year.

Buy/Sell........Power play improves to roughly league average this year (16th or so) from 28th last season.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ll buy that if we keep Martin St. Louis as a consultant.

Buy/sell: The market doesn’t bear anything and Derrick Brassard comes to camp on a low risk/high reward PTO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy/sell: The market doesn’t bear anything and Derrick Brassard comes to camp on a low risk/high reward PTO.

Interesting. I'll go with a hopeful buy but it probably isn't going to happen.

B/S: Jackets have a losing record in OT,

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Buy......because of goaltending.

Buy or Sell: One of the following is a Calder Trophy Finalist - Texier, Bemstrom or Elvis.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I’ll buy that if we keep Martin St. Louis as a consultant.

Rumor has it that he's signing in Edmonton...

Edit...actually the islanders

Buy......because of goaltending.

Buy or Sell: One of the following is a Calder Trophy Finalist - Texier, Bemstrom or Elvis.

Sell, it'll be tough to get the national recognition over Hughes/Kakko/Makar/etc

B/S: Josh Anderson has a career high in average TOI (18:02 in '17-18)

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Rumor has it that he's signing in Edmonton...

Sell, it'll be tough to get the national recognition over Hughes/Kakko/Makar/etc

B/S: Josh Anderson has a career high in average TOI (18:02 in '17-18)
Sell, but only because he won't get top line minutes and RW is our strongest forward position. Now if he were a left wing......

Buy/Sell - (no pun intended here but) the Jackets will be sellers at the trade deadline.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Sell, but only because he won't get top line minutes and RW is our strongest forward position. Now if he were a left wing......

Buy/Sell - (no pun intended here but) the Jackets will be sellers at the trade deadline.

Sell because I don't think we have any traditional deadline pieces.

Buy or sell, Nutivaara is traded in season.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Sell because I don't think we have any traditional deadline pieces.

Buy or sell, Nutivaara is traded in season.

sell, entirely. I don't think Nuti is going anywhere. buy or sell, PLD eclipses 60 points this season.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
sell, entirely. I don't think Nuti is going anywhere. buy or sell, PLD eclipses 60 points this season.

Buy...the kid was a 1c last year and then got to watch Duchene and learn from him.

Buy or sell - Bjorkstrand scores more goals than Boone and Fligs combined.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Buy...the kid was a 1c last year and then got to watch Duchene and learn from him.

Buy or sell - Bjorkstrand scores more goals than Boone and Fligs combined.
Sell; I have this curious feeling that both of those guys are going to have surprisingly decent years.

Elvis stops the pucks with over 91%.
Tentative buy. It's certainly what I'm hoping for, but I can't be certain one way or the other. I've been deliberately choosing to be optimistic. ;)

Buy/Sell: Jenner ends the year as the #2C with over half a point per game.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Buy. There's usually a free one given out at the home opener.

Riley Nash ends the season with 25 or more points.

Sell. Think that's right around where Nash will be, but I'll take the under.

Panarin has fewer points next season than he did this past season.

(edit: just read OP and see it's supposed to be about CBJ. Can just delete this whole post if this is no bueno)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad