Post-Game Talk: Your 10 "Goats" of this debacle against the Preds

10 "Goats" of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevHock

Apr 14, 2012
We're getting Geersten against the Flyers, aren't we?

Perhaps Subban on both waves of the powerplay as well.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Everyone but Mercer and Vesey played like shit.
Bernier let in a weak goal but was good after that and can’t blame him on the other goals after the soft first one.
An overall crappy game by almost everyone .
Anyone else notice how the other team is starting to key in on Mercer? The Preds seemed to have paid extra attention to him and would always make sure to finish their checks on him and give him an extra little shot. I’m expecting we see more of that as teams realize how good he is.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Not sure we match up consistently with the best teams in the league. But that’s sure not Nashville. We never really challenged them tonight and Nashville didn’t exactly look animated either. But we just didn’t bring much will to win to this game. None really.
"Consistently" is the key word. When this team is on, they're fast and they threaten a whole lot. But they have a hard time putting on a string of strong efforts.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
What lines are gonna get thrown off? They all suck except for the Mercer line.

Fair, but my point is that we might have too high expectations of Hughes's return solving all our problems. Like we're expecting that he might get a couple of the wingers going who have been wastes of roster space so far, but maybe not. They might just be bad no matter who they're playing with, and that will be an issue.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

Bernier let in a weak goal but was good after that and can’t blame him on the other goals after the soft first one.
Anyone else notice how the other team is starting to key in on Mercer? The Preds seemed to have paid extra attention to him and would always make sure to finish their checks on him and give him an extra little shot. I’m expecting we see more of that as teams realize how good he is.
Mercer has been our best forward all year. Made the big plays for us when we need them. And that’s a little scary truly.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Don't think anyone has said that this team's a playoff team yet.

A lot of people said that after the panthers and islanders wins. But whatever if everyone is fine with us winning every 6th game then I guess I'll shut up. I'm just thinking they shouldn't be this bad with this roster :huh:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

THis game looked pretty bad for good chunks of it (at least whatever parts I saw).

My main themes from these losses:
-Horrible passing skills, both sending and receiving. Pucks shot out too far ahead of skater, or into skates.
-No rebound presence. Either bad positioning completely (usually too close in/deep near goalie), or jittery stick/hands and they can't corral pucks in any meaningful way.
-Really bad decision making ONCE they get puck with space and time. Too many quick passes wide to a winger who is half-covered. Just skate the puck in when there is space, instead of going wide with a winger who is already half-stick checked.
-Defensive play that looks like Hynes system. (AKA. NASreddine is the only common thing here, why Ruff allows this shit, I don't know).

-Is Recchi working to help Pittsburgh/Philly/Boston out, or is he working for this damn team? The PP is horrendous, and the PP lineup choices are HORRENDOUS. Get skill guys out there at least if they lose you can argue and say that you freaking tried to put the best out there. Putting Vesey out there and having Bratt and Mercer on the bench (or Zacha in previous games until last PP) is bad asset management. I don't care how good Vesey is playing, and its no diss to him, but there is no way he should be up on the PP instead of Mercer, Bratt, or Zacha.

Wake the f*** up for these games, if this team wants to be in the post-season this ain't the formula. Games like this one, and these lagged starts are going to haunt the team down the stretch.......

Reactions: Saugus

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Vesey wasn’t good. And giving him the amount of time ruff gave him def contributed to this bad game

he didn’t generate anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad