GDT: YoungStars GM 1: Canucks vs. Oilers - 7:30PM PST - Stream - Canucks.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda
College player. Same rules as for Demko.

They could attend but they would have to pay for their own expenses.

Q: I have been invited by a CHL team to their Rookie/Training camp and they have offered to pay for all my expenses, will this affect my eligibility?

A: You can attend (1) one, 48-hour, expense-paid visit per professional team. The 48-hour period begins when you arrive at the team's facility and ends exactly 48 hours later. While in attendance the team can supply you with expenses that include travel, hotel, food, equipment, and all costs associated with practice and off-ice training. You must leave the facility once the 48-hour time period has expired in order to receive an expense paid return trip home.

Q: Can I stay at a CHL rookie/training camp longer than 48 hours?

A: Yes, provided you cover the cost of all expenses incurred, including cost for the return trip home, following the initial 48-hour time period. The most common expenses incurred, beyond travel, would be food and lodging.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/faq

I'm pretty sure the same rules apply to NHL training camps etc. This is the fastest thing I could find from my lazy Googling.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Some of you are really underestimating McDavid. He's the real deal and would have gone 1st overall in the past 9 years of draft. Some scouts say it's debatable that he could have gone first overall in 2005 as well.

50 points is way too low for him even in this age. He has a good supporting cast now, a great coach, and a championship GM who is building the team around McDavid.

I'd say he'd be PPG minimum and should be top 10 in scoring next year. So 80 points would be my guess.

80 points today is similar to 100 points in 2005. Scoring has gone down, systems are tighter, and we've seen some goalies emerge as elite (ie. Quick).

But 50-60 points? C'mon. RNH got that and he's not as highly touted as McDavid.

Hall - McDavid - Eberle is going to be a fast and skilled line. If Nurse makes the roster, I don't think many players are going to take liberties on them. Nurse is MEAN and will most likely be on the ice when McDavid is there.

WhoseLainesItAnyway

Sep 20, 2014
????????????????????????? Different leagues talent wise

Uhh Cassels >>>>>>> McDavid AINEC

CGYZIFrVAAA-aYQ.jpg

:sarcasm:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Cassel's line handled McDavid's line quite well in the OHL finals.

Small sample size and Oshawa as a team was very well coached defensively. Cassels was very impressive, I'm not taking anything away from him. But those expecting him to become McDavid's arch-rival and to shutdown/contain him in the NHL are expecting way too much. Can it happen? Maybe, but to fully expect it is way too optimistic.

Can only imagine how giddy this fanbase would be if we had a top 5 prospect pool.

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
So excited for this tournament! The game tonight vs Edmonton is the one I'm really interested in but now I have something tonight. I know they're streaming it - will it be available after?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Will the game be available in full length for those that miss it? I'm assuming highlights at the very least.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Some of you are really underestimating McDavid. He's the real deal and would have gone 1st overall in the past 9 years of draft. Some scouts say it's debatable that he could have gone first overall in 2005 as well.

50 points is way too low for him even in this age. He has a good supporting cast now, a great coach, and a championship GM who is building the team around McDavid.

I'd say he'd be PPG minimum and should be top 10 in scoring next year. So 80 points would be my guess.

80 points today is similar to 100 points in 2005. Scoring has gone down, systems are tighter, and we've seen some goalies emerge as elite (ie. Quick).

But 50-60 points? C'mon. RNH got that and he's not as highly touted as McDavid.

Hall - McDavid - Eberle is going to be a fast and skilled line. If Nurse makes the roster, I don't think many players are going to take liberties on them. Nurse is MEAN and will most likely be on the ice when McDavid is there.

Nurse is a rookie...

If McDavid gets 60 points he would meet my expectations, anything more is just gravy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sweet Jesus, those rosters are laughably imbalanced. At every position.

Would be amazed if we can keep this close. Hopefully the top line can have a good showing.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Well, watching us get blown out tonight should prepare us for the regular season. Just like the summer has prepared us for the playoffs :laugh: :cry:

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Is it any surprise these 3 teams have better prospects then us? They have all sucked longer. I'm honestly surprised we have the group we actually have.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Is it any surprise these 3 teams have better prospects then us? They have all sucked longer. I'm honestly surprised we have the group we actually have.

There is some solid truth in this no matter who the GM has been.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Don't think it's that imbalanced. If we keep McD under 3 points it should be close. I'd be more concerned about Winnipeg.

I think McDavid alone is going to cruise through this tournament with several multi point games.

I think Shinkaruk is the guy to watch for Vancouver. Could actually see Zhukenov making noise. This is a tournament where guys with high puck-skills will shine.

I can definitely see Virtanen causing some controversy with a big hit (or twenty...)

arsmaster*

What are the chances the stream is archived on Youtube?

Going to support the local junior B team tonight.

Win that Game...post highlights if you can budz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad