LaBate - Zhukenov - Zalewski
Stewart - Petit - Abols

Brisebois - Hutton
Sautner - Subban
Cederholm - Neill

Witt
Whistle

Full Tournament Roster: http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Young Stars Roster.pdf

Edmonton Oilers' Starting Lineup (per Oiler Board)

Moroz - McDavid - Chase
Slepyshev - Draisaitl - Winquist
Rankin - Platzer - Sanford
Christoffer - Louiseau - Bukarts
Roy - Soy - Linaker

Nurse - Laleggia
Betker - Bear
Waltz - Leveille

Laurikaninen
Papirny

Full Tournament Roster: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=107369

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
McDavid is going to put the "we should rebuild" screws to Canucks brass in this tournament.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I just want to see our top prospects play like top prospects.

Also, finally hockey!!!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
McDavid is going to put the "we should rebuild" screws to Canucks brass in this tournament.

This tournament is basically pond hockey for some of these guys who will be saving their big efforts for camp. Curious to see how McDavid does in such a lax environment.

On the Canucks side, can definitely see a guy with skill like Shinkaruk having some fun with the puck.

All that said, they still need to keep their heads up...some big boys looking to make an impact any way they can in here.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good forward group, defence doesn't have a big name but looks decent, goal will probably be weak.
I think the top line will be centered by Cassels: Shinkaruk, Cassels and Virtanen was a line in the practices.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Excited about Shinkaruk, McCann, Virtanen, Cassels, Zhukenov, Hutton and Subban.

Gaunce isn't a terribly exciting prospect :laugh:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
This tournament is basically pond hockey for some of these guys who will be saving their big efforts for camp. Curious to see how McDavid does in such a lax environment.

On the Canucks side, can definitely see a guy with skill like Shinkaruk having some fun with the puck.

All that said, they still need to keep their heads up...some big boys looking to make an impact any way they can in here.

I agree. I just think every time McDavid does something incredible this year, the Canucks will be in for another round of "so... rebuild?" type of questions. I suspect that the media frenzy is going to be a bit worse than they expect.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I agree. I just think every time McDavid does something incredible this year, the Canucks will be in for another round of "so... rebuild?" type of questions. I suspect that the media frenzy is going to be a bit worse than they expect.

I hope you're right.

Can't wait to see mcdavid in the big show. Can't decide if I think he'll get over or under 50 points

arsmaster*

I hope you're right.

Can't wait to see mcdavid in the big show. Can't decide if I think he'll get over or under 50 points

If Johnny Hockey can put up 60+ I think it's a shoe in McDavid hits that same mark.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Johnny Hockey can put up 60+ I think it's a shoe in McDavid hits that same mark.

I'd be putting McDavid in 80-100 territory, myself.

I should clarify my pond hockey comment; I think this is a tournament where guys with puck skills (a la McDavid) can just rack up points while barely breaking a sweat. It's not the greatest showcase for your cerebral, two-way, intelligent hockey players. Those guys shine more in camp, pre-season and big league games.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I think McDavid gets a solid 60-70 in his first year if he is paired up with Hall (which it sounds like he is). Imagine if they got a guy like Wayne Simmonds to play on the other wing with them.

arsmaster*

I understand the theory, but johnny was 22 while McDiesel is still 18.

Johnny Hockey is 5'7" 150lbs

McDavid is already, bigger, stronger, faster and better.

Nugent-Hopkins isn't nearly the prospect McDavid was and had 52p in 62gp at 18.

When you have guys like Steven Stamkos already claiming the kid is better than he is, I think it's crazy to expect less than 50 points.

Not sure he cracks 100, but I bet he's top 20 in the NHL next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad