Young Stars tournament

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I very much enjoy going to this tournament but also realize that what happens doesn't matter at all unless you're a tryout player looking for a contract like a Curtis Valk.

Will still be funny to see the overreactions, although I have been very guilty of that myself as well in past years :laugh:

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I very much enjoy going to this tournament but also realize that what happens doesn't matter at all unless you're a tryout player looking for a contract like a Curtis Valk.

Will still be funny to see the overreactions, although I have been very guilty of that myself as well in past years :laugh:

the way people blew up on Horvat last year because he wasn't trying to beat players 1on1 was very entertaining. People, particularly one very vocal poster, were losing their minds.

Many posters fell in love with Valk as well. Should be a treat to watch again this year. :popcorn:

metric

May 6, 2010
So since there's only one game each on Saturday and Sunday, what are some good (cheapish) things to do in Penticton? Aside from the beach or something.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hit up Burger 55 it's pretty solid. Ran into Cloutier, Cassels and Corrado there last year.

There's not much though haha

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Really hoping Virtanen lays out another top prospect with a monster hit. I kind of miss the days of being one of the most hated teams... usually means you're doing something right (the Leafs don't count)

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
So since there's only one game each on Saturday and Sunday, what are some good (cheapish) things to do in Penticton? Aside from the beach or something.

Hit some great golf courses like Fairview, Penticton, Nkmip, Twin Lakes and Osoyoos as they have some decent afternoon rates....tour the Naramata wineries...hit the lakeside pub the Barking Parrot....rent a mountain bike and go,on the KVR trail...rent a tube and go down the channel if weather is decent...enjoy a meat and cheese board and a cold brew at the new Cannery Brewery...rent a kayak and cruise the lake...

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Do the Canucks have a goalie yet for prospects camp?...has the roster been released?...given the talent level of some of the other clubs they might need somebody to stand on his head in the crease to stay in some of these games.:(

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Young Stars Roster.pdf

Forwards

Rodrigo Abols
Cole Cassels
Dane Fox
Reid Gardiner
Brendan Gaunce
Joe Labate
Jonathon Martin
Jared McCann
Kyle Pettit
Hunter Shinkaruk
Mackenze Stewart
Jake Virtanen
Mike Zalewski
Dmitry Zhukenov

Defense

Guillaume Brisebois
Anton Cederholm
Ben Hutton
Evan McEneny
Carl Neill
Tate Olson
Ashton Sautner
Jordan Subban

Goalies
Jackson Whistle
Clay Witt

Last edited:

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I count 3 camp invites. Anyone know anything about them?
Reid Gardiner
Jonathon Martin
Rodrigo Abols

Also, can anyone confirm if McCann is going to play or is he still injured?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I count 3 camp invites. Anyone know anything about them?
Reid Gardiner
Jonathon Martin
Rodrigo Abols

Also, can anyone confirm if McCann is going to play or is he still injured?

Re: Abols - Canucks going back to the well and hoping for another Kenins? One can hope.

Jackson Whistle (G) would be an invite, no?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/Young Stars Roster.pdf

Forwards

Rodrigo Abols
Cole Cassels
Dane Fox
Reid Gardiner
Brendan Gaunce
Joe Labate
Jonathon Martin
Jared McCann
Kyle Pettit
Hunter Shinkaruk
Mackenze Stewart
Jake Virtanen
Mike Zalewski
Dmitry Zhukenov

Defense

Guillaume Brisebois
Anton Cederholm
Ben Hutton
Evan McEneny
Carl Neill
Tate Olson
Ashton Sautner
Jordan Subban

Goalies
Jackson Whistle
Clay Witt

I don't know what Blomstrand did, but man our team hates him.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Re: Abols - Canucks going back to the well and hoping for another Kenins? One can hope.

Jackson Whistle (G) would be an invite, no?

Yes sorry. I didn't even look at the goalies *whoops*

More interested in the forwards/defense. I think Reid Gardiner was at the prospects camp no?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Is Valk still under contract to the Comets? He was definitely the biggest standout last year along with Shinkaruk.

I'm interested to see what Reid Gardiner does. He's the only invitee who may impress.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
...not liking this roster....where are the goals going to come from?....could get ugly, particularly in games involving the Flames/Jets prospects.:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad