Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I've always like Harkins' game. He's a weird, ungainly skater but quick enough, and I think his vision and hands are some of the best in this prospects' group. He's a very creative player and has a relentless motor. Fun to watch.

He's really improved his stock in the past couple of years, in my view. I was really worried about his lack of quickness two summers ago. He's improved, though I think he'll probably need to continue to improve his quickness to make the NHL.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jets defenders Corsi% and rel Corsi for game 1:
Cret-Bezil 48, +8
Niku 48, +7
Kulevich, 48, +7
Gawanke 42, +1
Green 27, -15
Stanley 27, -15

Jets defenders Corsi% and rel Corsi for game 3:
Poolman 77, +9
Niku 75, +7
Gawanke 67, +2
Kulevich 69, +0
Green 67, -2 (injured so shortened game)
Stanley 54, -16

I'll post game two later, and then final numbers for tournament (and include forwards)... after that, adieu HF Jets.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Cret-Bezil 48, +8
Niku 48, +7
Kulevich, 48, +7
Gawanke 42, +1
Green 27, -15
Stanley 27, -15

Poolman 77, +9
Niku 75, +7
Gawanke 67, +2
Kulevich 69, +0
Stanley 54, -16

I'll post game two later, and then final numbers for tournament (and include forwards)... after that, adieu HF Jets.

So our 2 most raw defensive prospects prove it in the analytics.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Cret-Bezil 48, +8
Niku 48, +7
Kulevich, 48, +7
Gawanke 42, +1
Green 27, -15
Stanley 27, -15

Poolman 77, +9
Niku 75, +7
Gawanke 67, +2
Kulevich 69, +0
Stanley 54, -16

Thanks...

If you can, please post the actual CF / CA event numbers.

We'll miss you on HF Jets, but look forward to following you on Twitter. :handclap:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So our 2 most raw defensive prospects prove it in the analytics.

No surprise Green's stunk the first game he played with Stanley who was a tire fire that game. I'm curious to know what his corsi was in game 2.

Can't read anything into his game 3 numbers as he only played just over half a period.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No surprise Green's stunk the first game he played with Stanley who was a tire fire that game. I'm curious to know what his corsi was in game 2.

Can't read anything into his game 3 numbers as he only played just over half a period.

Funny to have a CF% of 67 and a negative relCF%. The Jets swarmed the Flames in this game. My guess is that the Flames had very few CF events...

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Green wasn't very good in game 1. I thought he and Stanley just looked very slow and they both made poor decisions all game 1. Got better as the tourney went along

Poolman was great today but he is 24 so he should be. Made a lot of good decisions and got the puck on net alot .

Niku was polished all tourney. His passing is crisp and sharp. His decision making was above his peers. Really glad he looked great on the smaller ice.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Green wasn't very good in game 1. I thought he and Stanley just looked very slow and they both made poor decisions all game 1. Got better as the tourney went along

Poolman was great today but he is 24 so he should be. Made a lot of good decisions and got the puck on net alot .

Niku was polished all tourney. His passing is crisp and sharp. His decision making was above his peers. Really glad he looked great on the smaller ice.

I agree with these assessments. :handclap:

Green's a great skater but he really doesn't process the game very well when he's in his own zone and doesn't have the puck.

For Niku, I think his development challenges are similar to Morrissey's a couple of seasons ago. He has the mobility, skills and smarts to play but will need to play with a bit more urgency and bite in his game in his own zone. A year or more in the AHL should suffice.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Man if Niku poolman could ever develop into our bottom pair with 2nd pair upside that would be huge.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Sorry, those rel numbers were off. This is correct:
DJeoOc-V4AAkiRY.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I agree with these assessments. :handclap:

Green's a great skater but he really doesn't process the game very well when he's in his own zone and doesn't have the puck.

For Niku, I think his development challenges are similar to Morrissey's a couple of seasons ago. He has the mobility, skills and smarts to play but will need to play with a bit more urgency and bite in his game in his own zone. A year or more in the AHL should suffice.

Agreed on Niku. Also like how Poolman looked. All of a sudden our d prospect pool is looking much deeper than even a season ago.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Agreed on Niku. Also like how Poolman looked. All of a sudden our d prospect pool is looking much deeper than even a season ago.

I completely agree.

I really like Samberg as a longer range prospect.

Gawanke showed some nice potential.

Green has a nice skillset, though I think he has some issues to work out defensively.

Even Nogier has taken some steps forward in the past year.

If the Jets can keep Trouba around, then they have their top-2 set (with Morrissey), and they have some decent pieces in the pipeline.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Won't get to watch the game until later tonight but how did Valimaki look?

Only he and Andersson have NHL potential.

Nice game by you guys. I think our guys were tired from last night's game, but that's hardly an excuse of how poorly we played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad