Kronwall (5) - Smith (2)
Howard (4)

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Miller (1) Glendening (1) Andersson (1)
Lashof (1) Kindl (1)
Howard (4)

Leaves me $9 for a ginger ale. Perfect. That was easy.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
This would be my lineup as well. Take the three best players on the team, ones that don't really have peers and I love Nyquist but he isn't there yet and may never be. The fact Mantha cost a buck makes him a no-brainer. Kronwall is our best D-man in a landslide. I am tempted to go with Ouellet over Marchenko but I do like having the natural right-handed D on that pairing and Marchenko is exceptionally solid in his own right. I cannot see any other lineup beating this one, unless it has Howard playing exceptional in it something his value has made people shy away from in this thread.
Yep, this, but I do take Ouellet as the second D. Mrazek is a no brainer at 1, Mantha a bit less but still one, and then the three by far top players on the team. Which D prospect is all I really would see as debatable, and the differences there are minimal.

Mattrick Swayze

Jul 22, 2014
I love how many of these things are going around the internet right now, and I think the historical ones are even cooler. That being said, the exercise is about managing a budget and maximizing value. For me, Mrazek is a must at a buck. Pav and Hank are the best players on the team by such are large margin that I can look past the hefty price. That leaves a winger and the defense. I'd love to have Jurco for $2, but I think that some combination of Kronwall at $5 and two prospects is of greater value than any other possibility. The system if full of guys ready for a shot, anyway. At RW I would say Pulkkinen if we were being realistic, but this is fantasy so Anthony Mantha it is. Then at RD I'll take Marchenko over Sproul, because this lineup already has plenty of offense. Sorry for rambling. I told you I like these.

Zetterberg ($5) - Datsyuk ($5) - Mantha ($1)
Kronwall ($5) - Marchenko ($1)
Mrazek ($1)

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
So it looks like there are two pretty good options my line-up would be:
Dats-Z-Mantha
Kronner-Marchenko
Mrazek
But Jurco at 2 is such a great value that he's hard to pass up, thus I can see going with something like:
Dats-Z-Jurco
DK-Smith
Mrazek

While Howard is the best goalie, Mrazek at $1 is just too enticing to pass up. Dats and Z are no-brainers despite their $5. Beyond that you're choosing between Mantha+Kronner+prospect (I like Marchenko's right shot, Sproul was really close for me), and Jurco+DK+Smith. I go with the first option just so that I can see what Mantha can do.

Here's my defensive line-up because those first two might be a little too offense based:
Helm (3)-Jurco (2)-Glendenning (1)
Kronner (5)-DK (3)
Howard (4)
The obvious problem with this one is that Howard has to play like a god, and Jurco has to suddenly be able to carry a team's scoring. Still between Kronner, DK, Helm and Glendenning we practically have four defensemen on the ice plus the odd goal from Kronner and Helm. Certainly not the line-up I'd go with though, but it's fun to try something different.

Last edited:

Pavel Datsjuk

Jun 30, 2011
Finland
Cleary (0) - Datsyuk (5) - Pulkkinen (1)
Kronwall (5) - DeKeyser (3)
Howard (4)

or

Abdelkader (2) - Datsyuk (5) - Pulkkinen (1)
Kronwall (5) - Kindl (1)
Howard (4)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad