Post-Game Talk: You had as good of a save % as Koskinen

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
All Goalies have bad games. Unfortunately, for Koskinen, last game was a doozy for him.
But it's mental game of picking yourself up and getting on that horse.
It happened, not going to kick him while his down, and really want him have a great game the next time he starts.
I believe his teammates have his back, and we should too.
Might as well get these bad games out of the way now before the playoffs.
# Glad for the McPoints
# Grateful for the team to be in the playoffs

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I just think waiting til next season perhaps to see the ice is a long time. If Kosk was a secure backup then fine; I get it. But after last nights play, I don’t see how anyone can defense Kosk anymore. He single handedly lost the game for us. Maybe we see what Stalock has in the tank and he becomes our reliable backup..... I don’t like the fact that Koskinen is our backup. I’m not saying he’s the worst goalie on the face of the planet, but I have seen Stalock play in the past and he can dish out some gems of games. He can be very very good...... Let him have some ice time and it might get management thinking about who the backup should be if Stalock plays a solid game. Hell I would have taken Skinner in net last night.

Like I said, what’s the worst that can happen??? Stalock let’s in 4 goals on 4 shots lol. Then at least we have a better understanding. I wish we had a ore capable backup. We will never know unless we give Stalock some starts.
I'd probably have let in those four shots too, but could have at a fraction of the price.

Well maybe not that last one

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I wish we would have a Zack MacEwen so we had someone to fight Zack MacEwen without risking an injury to our second most important player Nurse.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Alex Stalock - 151 games played in the NHL
Mikko Koskinen - 121 games played in the NHL

Time to give Stalock a start and see if he has anything in the tank. It's not like he's some 21 year old rookie. He should be a solid pro and give Smith some relief.

Reactions: Sanchez

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I hate that Gregor is just Spector but on the Radio, contrarian who shills for the league.

Horvat clearly jams his stick and arms into McDavid's body to slow him down. That's the penalty right there. McDavid ends up with a stick over top of his hands for no good reason and holding on for a second doesn't cancel that out.

Yeah, Gregor just likes to argue and be the contrarian to get attention.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Horvat clearly jams his stick and arms into McDavid's body to slow him down. That's the penalty right there. McDavid ends up with a stick over top of his hands for no good reason and holding on for a second doesn't cancel that out.

Yeah, Gregor just likes to argue and be the contrarian to get attention.
Even if McDavid is "obstructing" Horvat, he doesn't get to abuse him with is f*cking stick because he's upset about it.

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How do you expect him to play up to the contract? You don’t think if Edmonton could get rid of it they wouldn’t? He’s not worth it, but he provides fine value as a backup, and if you are stuck with the contract you might as well get use out him there.
He’s not a starter, he has never been, ever in his tenure with Edmonton. He can’t be relied up in long stretches or for consistency.

This is like the Hall-Larsson deal, people can cry and cry and cry over it but it’s not going to change the situations.

He’s signed for one more season, barring a buyout he’s going to stay as a backup, you might as well accept that he’s not worth his contract but can provide some value as a backup. Fans like yourself still wanting more and just wishing ill will on him might run out of tears if you have to spend another year wanting him to be a starter, or worth 4.5M

I don’t wish ill will on him. I just wish he’d stop the first shot of a game or maybe a high glove shot.

Regarding his contract he’s not the first player to be grossly overpaid and he won’t be the last but all these players are under pressure to perform to their contract within their marketplace. That’s the reality of it.

Another hard reality is he’s not a useful backup because he can’t handle amy kind of workload past 2-3 games in a row till his game seriously degrades.

So if our 39 year old starter goes down for a week or two we need another NHL caliber backup goalie - hence why we have Stalock and went nuts trying to find one after Forsberg was picked off waivers. The management realizes we are one Mike Smith groin pull from utter disaster.

So he’s only good under very limited conditions.

Get him out of here.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I don’t wish ill will on him. I just wish he’d stop the first shot of a game or maybe a high glove shot.

Regarding his contract he’s not the first player to be grossly overpaid and he won’t be the last but all these players are under pressure to perform to their contract within their marketplace. That’s the reality of it.

Another hard reality is he’s not a useful backup because he can’t handle amy kind of workload past 2-3 games in a row till his game seriously degrades.

So if our 39 year old starter goes down for a week or two we need another NHL caliber backup goalie - hence why we have Stalock and went nuts trying to find one after Forsberg was picked off waivers. The management realizes we are one Mike Smith groin pull from utter disaster.

So he’s only good under very limited conditions.

Get him out of here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad