Post-Game Talk: You get a blown lead! You get a blown lead! Everyone gets a blown lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonisMustGo*

I think that Andersen is a terrible goalie. Slow lateral movement, always out of position, going down early. He can handle the puck I can give him that, but I would have preferred Reimer. Saved the draft picks and the cap space. Andersen looks 5'7 challenging the shooter in the slot.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not surprised. Already 5 games in and people want Babcock fired, lol. What is he suppose to do with 6 rookies on the team and a bottom 5 defense? Let's just hope our key players develop this year and we upgrade our defense soon. Not impressed at all with Rielly, Gardiner, Carrick, and Hunwick's defensive play as of late.
Please do fire him. Buffalo is in dire need of a great head coach. #stillbitter

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think that Andersen is a terrible goalie. Slow lateral movement, always out of position, going down early. He can handle the puck I can give him that, but I would have preferred Reimer. Saved the draft picks and the cap space. Andersen looks 5'7 challenging the shooter in the slot.

He does have a bit of that Gustavsson-like street hockey goalie approach, which is alarming.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
See the burners Matthews had on his last 2 shifts in the 3rd? He found that other gear. Loved seeing that. Woulddnt mind seeing Brown out there with 34 and 29.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
We should trade everyone and start from scratch

NB: This guy actually believes we can build a competitive team in a year lol

he said in a previous post that the system was garbage and when I asked him to explain what exactly about the system was garbage.. it was of course ignored.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
I don't really see this kind of panic in other team's boards.

And I mean we have allot to be excited about!

Matthews is 3rd in league scoring (8), and first in Rookie scoring, Nylander is second (7)!

The next one closest to either only has 5 points!

They are not going to finish 30th this year. They had a rough schedule this past week and have shown that they can play with cup contenders.

They are surpassing my expectations so far by a mile.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I don't really see this kind of panic in other team's boards.

And I mean we have allot to be excited about!

Matthews is 3rd in league scoring (8), and first in Rookie scoring, Nylander is second (7)!

The next one closest to either only has 5 points!

They are not going to finish 30th this year. They had a rough schedule this past week and have shown that they can play with cup contenders.

They are surpassing my expectations so far by a mile.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I expect a top 5 pick out of this year. Would help solidify the D core like Liljegren or Foote (unless Leafs draft 1st overall again). I hope they sign some real team identity guys as well. Guys like a Clutterbuck would go a long way.

Hyman Matthews Marner
JvR Nylander Clutterbuck
Komorov Kadri Soshnikov
Martin Holland /Gauthier Brown

Rielly Zaitsev
Gardiner Foote
Nielsen Polak

Andersen

Still leaves questions but every line has skill, compete, D and forecheckIng. NTM it's only year 2 in the rebuild.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I expect a top 5 pick out of this year. Would help solidify the D core like Liljegren or Foote (unless Leafs draft 1st overall again). I hope they sign some real team identity guys as well. Guys like a Clutterbuck would go a long way.

Hyman Matthews Marner
JvR Nylander Clutterbuck
Komorov Kadri Soshnikov
Martin Holland /Gauthier Brown

Rielly Zaitsev
Gardiner Foote
Nielsen Polak

Andersen

Still leaves questions but every line has skill, compete, D and forecheckIng. NTM it's only year 2 in the rebuild.

Putting Clutterbuck with Nylander would go a long way to killing Willy's production. This has to be a joke.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Putting Clutterbuck with Nylander would go a long way to killing Willy's production. This has to be a joke.

I just figured he would do the dirty work for JvR and Nylander. You could put Brown there or switch him up with Marner on the first but as I said. "Still leaves questions but every line has skill, compete, D and forecheckIng ". They could trade or sign a bigger named player but we have been down that road and doesn't look like theyre landing any big fish. Clutterbuck is more of a possibility.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2004
I just figured he would do the dirty work for JvR and Nylander. You could put Brown there or switch him up with Marner on the first but as I said. "Still leaves questions but every line has skill, compete, D and forecheckIng ". They could trade or sign a bigger named player but we have been down that road and doesn't look like theyre landing any big fish. Clutterbuck is more of a possibility.

Clutterbuck's point totals over the past three seasons: 19, 16, 23. With respect, he's not someone you want playing on the second line (or even third line) of a playoff hockey team.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Nor is Hyman the ideal first line LW. They arent there for points. They are there to dig and get it to the people who get points. Babcock wasn't kidding when he said there will be pain. Still lots of questions as it is still year 2 of the rebuild. I also think they want the identity of a pest team for the future. They have kids like Leipsic and Grundstrom who do this and who better to learn from then guys like Clutterbuck, Komorov, Kadri etc. Get under the skin of the opposition and make them take penalties while playing decent defensively. Better team D should in theory make it easier for Andersen as we are stuck with him.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Babcock is the biggest joke here. I can totally see us finishing last again with this clown playing the team as it is right now. Came here to finish his career and make money.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Nor is Hyman the ideal first line LW. They arent there for points. They are there to dig and get it to the people who get points. Babcock wasn't kidding when he said there will be pain. Still lots of questions as it is still year 2 of the rebuild. I also think they want the identity of a pest team for the future. They have kids like Leipsic and Grundstrom who do this and who better to learn from then guys like Clutterbuck, Komorov, Kadri etc. Get under the skin of the opposition and make them take penalties while playing decent defensively. Better team D should in theory make it easier for Andersen as we are stuck with him.

Coz he is a fool who can't play the best players in the suitable scenarios. After every game he blames everybody but doesn't know that he is the biggest pathetic coach and can't keep s*** under control when things get ugly. Pain is coming because that tool is here for 7 more years. :laugh:

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Andersen needs to stop a ****ing puck. The 3rd goal was a textbook back-breaker.

Matthews made exactly same play. All what I heard was how brilliant that play was. No one blamed Hawks goalie for that.

Andersen was meh in this game, but 3rd goal wasnt his fault. That was smart play by Campbell. If you on that angle to five hole that rebound is going to bounce in to slot.

Leafs need to tighten up, cause they can't let opponents to have all those rebounds.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
At times it's just so painful to read some of these comments. The lack of patience and understanding of how a team is built...oh, what's the use. Best to laugh, cause otherwise you'd cry. How some of the folks who have to answer to these types of comments every day don't lose their ***** is beyond me. 5 games in, 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad