Post-Game Talk: You get a blown lead! You get a blown lead! Everyone gets a blown lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
They should legitimately be 5-0 right now. That's not even a stretch or hyperbole. They should have 10 points.
Its ****ing infuriating, its like reliving game 7 every game.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
They should legitimately be 5-0 right now. That's not even a stretch or hyperbole. They should have 10 points.

It's young team. Rebuilding. Don't take it so seriously. These thing are bound to happen.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
There is way too much Bias rhetoric in these threads and it doesn't make a lot of sense when reading post game threads, from one game to the next.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
It's time to call up kapanen and sosh , kapanen with good speed benefits the leafs good defensive forward and can also score

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Give me a freaking break. Most on here don't have a clue of the x's and o's in what's happening. They're too emotional to even grasp them in game speed and frankly only see results not mention fail to even understand that there's an opponent on the ice to give credit to for when they execute against the Leafs.

Chicago a contender brought there A GAME and the Leafs showed that they belonged ON THE ROAD to boot and you want to talk about Polak and Hunny when the culprit's on the blue line were a direct miss assignments from 2 players people are raving about? If Gardiner played the reads in front of the net like the way Reilly did on 2 goals people would loosing there minds... but it's Reilly the blame is on Andersen who played well giving his team a chance to win the game which is all you could ask from your goalie.:help:

Further more the personal bias rather in favor or angst of players many in the the masses who get angry and vocal about it clouds there judgment of the x's and o's and it's getting tiring from these so called people who understand the game. They understand very little. Those who understand the game know that last night was the best they played all year against an opponent who outclasses them.

Leafs lose it's Polak, it's Hunwick, it's Bozak, it's JVR, it's Kadri, it's Gardiner
Leafs win it's Mathews, it's Nylander, it's Marner, it's Reilly

That's about as much these so called people who understand the game see.

I love you in the most platonic sense possible. :laugh: I've been saying this from game 1. (but i haven't SEEN all the games so I can't be too vocal about what i'm unable to see to be fair) - I don't think necessarily it's "All the youngsters are perfect, all the vets are crap" like there has to be some small breakdowns from the youngsters games.

and also - yes. we should give credit to teams better than us that they don't roll over and play dead. Eventually (hopefully Tuesday because i can't go through another GDT of this) - we get the Lead and we squash the threat down. and more importantly, when we're in the opposite position - hopefully WE can be the team that erases a 4-0 lead. or something like. honestly.

to be fair i'm not the hugest fan of Hunwick but this is also starting to border on blaming Koska for goals he was never on the ice for.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
You have to lose alot before you can win in this league. We have the talent and arguably have another round of players brewing in the minors.

I've been unimpressed with our veteran supporting cast - the rookies have been leading the pack. We clearly have a defense issue - but hey I'm entertained. The youngest team in the league with one of the best 1-2 emerging punches.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

This is why we are going to still be a bottom feeder for a while.The future looks bright but i have never agreed that the Leafs will go from worst to a playoff spot in 1 season.

I agree that its a very frustrating way to lose games. :cry:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Now you guys see why wings fans were so frustrated with Babcock's inexplicable love of Dan Cleary. Just be glad he didn't demand Cleary be signed as a condition to coming to Toronto :sarcasm: Maybe Cleary gifted Hunwick with the pictures of Babs and a goat :naughty:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
This defense and system are garbage. So is this bum goalie.

Haven't watched a lot this year but is Andersen really a terrible goalie? I really thought he was good in Anaheim. Polak and hunwick were fairly solid defensemen a few years back when I watched them, are they as bad as everyone says they are. Is it just a slow start or are these players actually that horrible?

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario

please do explain, what is so flawed about the system?

talk about how they're fore-checking and neutral zone coverage. Talk about our breakout, talk about our in zone coverage.What systems are they? do you notice if we have a lead that their coverage changes?

please do enlighten me

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
This is progressing perfectly. This is exactly what all of us should want.

Our young players are growing and looking great. And the team is failing. PERFECT!!!!

The rebuild isn't finished yet. One more bottom out season in the very least would be great for the rebuild.

Keep scoring young guys. Keep failing team. It's perfect.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

The system is one of the best in the league but okay.

Babcock is IMO the best coach in the league but he has to stop using Hunwick and Polak so much in crucial moments. Polak played a good game (I usually hate him) but there is no way you put him AND Hunwick on at the same time in the last 2 minutes of the game. Give me Gardiner/Rielly/Zaistev - Polak anyday of the week before they both go on together.

Giving Kadri no creative wingers kills me even more. Yes he's killed it in ALL the games before this, but that's because he was on his game in those games.

Those are the 2 flaws with Babcock, everything else is stellar (His possession numbers and zone exit capability in his system speak for themselves).

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This is progressing perfectly. This is exactly what all of us should want.

Our young players are growing and looking great. And the team is failing. PERFECT!!!!

The rebuild isn't finished yet. One more bottom out season in the very least would be great for the rebuild.

Keep scoring young guys. Keep failing team. It's perfect.

i dont know about that you can already see matthews is getting very fed up with losing i dont think a season running how the season has gone until now is good for the young guys winning is good for them, not saying playoffs but this draft is pretty weak (patrick scouting report saying elite 2nd line center is the consensus #1 pick). i hope they aren't planing on a tank year

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
i dont know about that you can already see matthews is getting very fed up with losing i dont think a season running how the season has gone until now is good for the young guys winning is good for them, not saying playoffs but this draft is pretty weak (patrick scouting report saying elite 2nd line center is the consensus #1 pick). i hope they aren't planing on a tank year

Crosby's rookie year the Penguins won 22 and lost 60.

He turned out alright...

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Let's be real here. With Reimer level goaltending we could realistically be 3-1-1. I know Freddy will get it together soon, just unfortunate that we aren't banking these games we should have won early.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Let's be real here. With Reimer level goaltending we could realistically be 3-1-1. I know Freddy will get it together soon, just unfortunate that we aren't banking these games we should have won early.

Reimer? he would be down 4-2 going into the 3rd i never understood the love for reimer he was average at best he is a back up goalie, Andersen is currently in his worst play of his career and i dont beleive Reimer nor Bernier would be close to these stats playing behind this team. Reimer is a swimmer and flops around not instillinf confidence in his d and bernier well we know bernier worst of the 3 for me

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Well it's been 5 games into our "play the kids" season. Clearly it's not working and it's time to make some wholesale changes.

Trade Bozak, trade JVR, and don't allow any D other than Rielly and Zaitsev on the ice in the last 5 minutes if we are leading.

Clearly Andersen isn't working out, so let's give Enroth an extended run while we look to unload Freddie.

Let's mix up the lines so that, oh I don't know why, let's just mix em up.

While we're at, I think Dubas is ready, so let's get rid of Lou and his oldness.

Babcock can stay for a bit, but if he keeps playing some of the guys that are on the roster, maybe it's time to rethink him as well.

I mean c'mon, we rebuilt, why aren't we winning more?

Think I covered it all. #ivebeenpatientenough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad