You are the GM: You got 5 moves....

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
1. Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson, Turris, and Kassian for Ovechkin

2. Ovechkin, Lehner, Condra, Greening, Ryan, MacArthur for 3.5 bags of pucks

3. Zibanejad, Neil, Smith, Grant, Pageau, Wiercioch, Phillips and 12 bags of pucks for another Tim Horton's concession

4. Lawson and Tim Horton's for Gretzky

5. Gretzky and Maclean for a new skate sharpener

Call up Dzingel to play all positions all game and start the 6 consecutive cups dynasty

Neuron

May 9, 2012
I think Claesson, Buddy Robinson and Schnieder deserve call ups this year

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
1. Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson, Turris, and Kassian for Ovechkin

2. Ovechkin, Lehner, Condra, Greening, Ryan, MacArthur for 3.5 bags of pucks

3. Zibanejad, Neil, Smith, Grant, Pageau, Wiercioch, Phillips and 12 bags of pucks for another Tim Horton's concession

4. Lawson and Tim Horton's for Gretzky

5. Gretzky and Maclean for a new skate sharpener

Call up Dzingel to play all positions all game and start the 6 consecutive cups dynasty

I like your work

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Like everyone else, I'm sure my proposals will be met with a hundred reasons why they will never happen, but nevertheless, I'm still going to try,

Edmonton: Spezza, Anderson, Neil, 2nd For Eberle, Gagner, 1st.
Winninpeg: Michalek and Greening for Byfuglien
Anaheim: Cory Conacher for Victor Fasth
Colorado: Jared Cowen, Patrick Weircoch and Mike Hoffman for Ryan O'Reilly
Buffalo: Matt Puempel, Edmonton's first, and Cody Ceci for Erhoff, Matt Moulson and a conditional 2nd if Moulson dosn't resign.

Eberle-Turris-Ryan
Moulson-O'Reilly-Zibanejad
Macarthur-Gagner-Pageau/Stone
Pageau/Stone-Smith-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Erhoff-Byfuglien
Gryba-Phillips
Corvo

Lehner
Fasth

Defense is definitely better then before. We lose Cowen, and Weircoch and add Erhoff and Buff. Hopefully that defense is up to the challenge of not allowing 50 shots per game.

On offense, we lose Spezza, Michalek, Conacher, Neil, Greening, and we add Moulson, Eberle, O'Reilly, and Gagner. Not sure Edmonton would go for it, but what the heck, this is all fun and games. We then have a top 6 and top 4 to be trifled with.

Phillips can take the C just out of respect to him and we throw three A's on Turris, Ryan and Karlsson.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
Like everyone else, I'm sure my proposals will be met with a hundred reasons why they will never happen, but nevertheless, I'm still going to try,

Buffalo: Matt Puempel, Edmonton's first, and Cody Ceci for Erhoff, Matt Moulson and a conditional 2nd if Moulson dosn't resign.

Eberle-Turris-Ryan

Methot-Karlsson
Erhoff-Byfuglien
Gryba-Phillips
Corvo

Lehner
Fasth

Defense is definitely better then before. We lose Cowen, and Weircoch and add Erhoff and Buff. Hopefully that defense is up to the challenge of not allowing 50 shots per game.

On offense, we lose Spezza, Michalek, Conacher, Neil, Greening, and we add Moulson, Eberle, O'Reilly, and Gagner. Not sure Edmonton would go for it, but what the heck, this is all fun and games. We then have a top 6 and top 4 to be trifled with.

Phillips can take the C just out of respect to him and we throw three A's on Turris, Ryan and Karlsson.
God I love that lineup shame it's all so unrealistic.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Waiting for MAK's before I do mine.

Forgot to mention that he's chained to the press box for a while.

These posts made me laugh out loud... really hard.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

1. Trade Spezza

I love Lindholm but if we moving Spezza to Carolina we gonna need a bigger piece alongside Lindholm. Think Justin Faulk.

Zm7pbKO.gif

Lmao! My favourite duo(**** u sam) on TV! Man I love that show.

Eberle-Turris-Ryan

Methot-Karlsson
Erhoff-Byfuglien
Gryba-Phillips
Corvo

Lehner
Fasth

Wow, that is an absolutely beautiful lineup... By God...

Peg, Buff(Nother piece needed), and Ana trades I could see being pulled off but I don't think Colorado will let go of O'Rielly he is the perfect player you wish to have. Bergeron type.

They would counter with Stastny and I'd actually consider it.

First trade is the one that would be toughest to actually do. HUGE enticing pieces going to Oilers though. You may never know. I'd still think we could deal Spezza for big piece.

Regardless, this is a beautiful lineup. Definitely a contender for years to come and absolute **** to play against.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I tried to make these trade fair. some will agree others will not.
I think our D core ends up being much better and our offense ends up being slightly better 2 way and about the same offensively

1. Trade Anderson + Spezza + Cowen to PHI for Giroux + Simmonds + Meszaros
2. Trade Michalek + Wiercioch + Petersson to WAS for Erat + Carlsson
3. Trade Smith to PHO for Michael Stone
4. Trade Hoffman + Neil + 4th to ANA for Smith-Pelly and Fasth
5. Call up Pageau.

Notes:
Trade 1. Ottawa retains salary on Spezza's contract for at least 1 year.

Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Erat - Giroux - Zibby/Simmond
Conacher - Pageau - Simmonds/Zibby
Smith-Pelly - Grant - Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Meszaros - Carlson
Phillips - Stone

Lehner
Fasth

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's a sad sad day when you read through this topic and realize like 90% of the people in it want to trade Spezza.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
It's a sad sad day when you read through this topic and realize like 90% of the people in it want to trade Spezza.

You're right. He has been that bad though. He is getting older. He is having recurring injury issues.

While i would realistically hate to trade him, hypothetically i do it any day.

I would much rather he just goes back to being somewhat defensively responsible. like he was 2 seasons ago.

Maybe the captaincy is getting to him?

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
1. Milan Michalek for Michael Stone + 3rd
2. Jared Cowen and Colin Greening + 3rd for Nail Yakupov
3. Craig Anderson for Wayne Simmonds
4. Call up Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Cody Ceci
5. Sign Ilya Bryzgalov

Yakupov - Spezza - Simmonds
Mac - Turris - Ryan
Zibby - Pageau - Conacher <--- Beast kid line
Condra - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Patty W - Stone

Lehner
Bryz

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has been that bad...yet is above a p/g and leads the team in goals and faceoffs. Oh well. Those are all easily replaceable attributes.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
He has been that bad...yet is above a p/g and leads the team in goals and faceoffs. Oh well. Those are all easily replaceable attributes.

actually Clarke MacArthur leads the team in faceoffs. he's 100%.

Seriously though he has been bad it's great that you keep bringing up his goals. It's true that's a good thing.

Jason Spezza is 20th on the team in On-Ice +-. When he's on the ice he produce 3.60 GF/60 and a TEAM WORST 5.24 GA/60. TEAM WORST. only michalek is close at 5.08.

When Spezza is off the ice ottawa creates only 2.84 GF/60 but a very very good 1.99 GA/60

Keep talking about his goals...it's great that he's scoring. Would be much better if he wasn't letting the opponents fill our nets.

Turris meanwhile only has 2 goals and a 47% faceoff percentage. By your definition that is a bad player (assuming Spezza is good)
Turris is 2nd in On-Ice +-. When he's on the ice he produces 4.29 GF/60 (yes that's more then spezza) and allows 1.53 GA/60.

Regardless of goals scored and faceoffs turris clearly generates more goals while allowing less.

Spezza has been bad. Very bad. While i don't expect similar numbers to Turris (QOC, having generally worse linemates, etc) I do expect him to at least be close to even. Anything less from him is a bad bad year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's been talked about enough in another topic but all I will say is that goals against is a team stat and highly circumstantial.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
It's been talked about enough in another topic but all I will say is that goals against is a team stat and highly circumstantial.

And goals for is not? tell me how is Goals Scored more individual then goals against?

Your argument makes no sense.

Circumstantial? What about all the times he plays poor defense but a teammate or a goalie bails him out? Those are not counted in my stats either...

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's circumstantial and hockey is a team sport, but it's obviously not a coincidence that Spezza's and Turris' GA/60 are so different. When it's that substantial is when you can draw conclusions. When it's a matter of half a goal or whatever, fine. But that's not the case.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
1. Special "Chill Pill Promotional Day". Every fan gets a packet of "rockets" candies, repackaged in promotional Sens-Brand Chill Pill packaging.

2. Strike a deal with Beaus to start selling a special "Sens-branded" beer only available at ctc.

3. Spezza for OEL (add on either side to make it work).

4. Anderson + Gryba for Mark Giordano + a pick

5. Take aforementioned chill pills.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
After reading all of that, I'm of the mind that virtually none of the trades posted make us a better team. And each one involving Andy and Spezza immediately make us worse.

Time well spent though... ;)

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
1) Trade Spezza to the Rangers for Derick Brassard Carl Hagelin Michael Del Zotto
2) Trade Cowen & ? to Philly for Wayne Simmonds
3) Chris Neil just gone for a pick a prospect or 1 year gatorade supply
4) Michelak and Mark Stone for Dustin Byfuglien
5) Call up Ceci and Prince

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Prince Brassard Simmonds
Hagelin Zibanejad Conacher
Greening Smith Condra

Methot Karlsson
Del Zotto Byfuglien
Wiercioch Ceci

Lehner
Andy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
1. Special "Chill Pill Promotional Day". Every fan gets a packet of "rockets" candies, repackaged in promotional Sens-Brand Chill Pill packaging.

2. Strike a deal with Beaus to start selling a special "Sens-branded" beer only available at ctc.

3. Spezza for OEL (add on either side to make it work).

4. Anderson + Gryba for Mark Giordano + a pick

5. Take aforementioned chill pills.

OEL-Karlsson
Methot-Giordano
Cowen/Phillips/Borowiecki/Corvo/Gryba

:)

After reading all of that, I'm of the mind that virtually none of the trades posted make us a better team. And each one involving Andy and Spezza immediately make us worse.

Mine does, and it only took two moves !

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I beg to differ. This is clearly the most level-headed roster change and definitely makes for a better team:

1. Wiercioch + 2nd to Buffalo for Ehrhoff
2. Stone and Cowen to Washington for Carlson
3. Prince, Greening + 5th to NJ for Elias

Elias - Spezza - Zibanejad
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Smith - Condra
Hoffman - Pageau - Conacher

Neil, Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Ehrhoff - Carlson
Borowiecki/Phillips - Gryba/Corvo

Anderson
Lehner

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

I hate statements like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad