AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Walker
Seeler
Risto
Laughton
Atkinson
Definitely on the trade block.

? Tippett? If he wants +$6M AAV for 6+ years, then also on the trade block.

Listening on Hart, Sanheim.

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
IMHO wait until close to the deadline before trading any player off the roster since the team is hot and in second year of a new coach. Possibly no trades at all. System is more of a second nature with players now. Would use the 11f-7d format and see if it can stick. They just played the best game in years vs. Dallas. The Cup is really up for grabs again. Maybe there is a magical run here. Even with getting first round pick(s) at deadline unless top 10 to 15 will not move it like they had with their past two first round picks. I'm wait and see without buying unless cheap for a rental this year due to possible injuries. Chemistry and hot runs in sports where you are picked last place and then playing like this and basically saying FU to everybody else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Probable values:

Walker, high 2nd or low 2nd and 3rd
Seeler 3rd
Staal 6th or 7th
Laughton, tough b/c of term, but probably similar to Walker if you can find a buyer
Hathaway, maybe a 3rd, the second year might turn off some teams, but he's the kind of player GMs love for a playoff push

Risto, hard to say, the 3x5 left on his deal is probably unmovable, he's become a top 3rd pair guy who could probably play 2nd pair, but he's being paid like a solid 2nd pair. Better to keep him, hope he has another good season and move him in the summer of 2025 with 2x5 left. Doesn't make sense to eat money to get a mediocre draft pick in return.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Honestly I'm working the phones to trade risto, if I can trade risto that helps alot (cap flexibility)

I'm listening to offers on hart (could bring in a hual) but not looking to trade him just to trade him

i'm begging someone to take Atkinson

I touch base with poehlings agent to see about an extension (very good for a 4th line/ some timer on the 3rd line)

Depending on where we are come deadline depends on whether or not I trade walker since he's played really well but would still look to trade him for a late first (no interest in a 3rd)

I touch base with Tippetts agent about an extension, anything more than 5-5.5 million a year, and he's being dealt at the draft

I move Staal for a bag of used condoms

I work the phones and try to move Laughton for a late first (doubtful)

Not looking to move hathaway yet since he's not a bad 4th liner

Obviously attempting to trade Deslauriers but there's zero interest

I call Detroit and see about acquiring Rasmussen for the 3rd line lw he will bring speed and size to a 3rd line that could use some speed (if we can move atkinson) more so kicking the tires as I'm not giving up much for him let's say for the sake of argument Allison and a 3rd (may not be enough but you get the point I'm making (he's 24, big fast has skill but hasn't put it all together yet and could use a change of scenery much like Tippett)

I don't think they move seeler so let's not go there

I call up Tanner L for 4th line center and attard for 3rd pair

So assuming we move risto and keep walker, but are able to get Rasmussen, trade Atkinson, and trade laughton

Foerster couts tk
Farabee frost Tippett
Rasmussen poehling brink
Cates Tanner hathaway

Sanhiem Drysdale
York walker
Zamula seeler/attard

Hart (if no offers blow you away)
Ersson

Not mentioning possible picks back because none of us really know whats being offered so let's just keep that part out for now lol

I'm not gutting the team, but also not buying just because of short term success, if this team works, then great, if not, not a big deal as I'm looking to rebuild for another 3-4 years

I like attard more than most, definitely think he's good enough to play in the NHL, but does have issues at times on defense, ironically enough, but I bring him up because he's good offensively and has a good shot but I don't play him every night, I rotate him to give zamula a break if needed but he'd primarily be my 7th defenseman and it gives him plenty of time to work with shaw about getting his defensive game cleaned up

Thoughts?? I know many may not agree some might (fun part of doing these) but I have reasons for each person on each line
Good post. I'm in on most of your ideas.
Like you, overpaying Tippett makes no sense. I wonder what Anaheim would need to move Zegras to Philly- Tippett and ??? Z would give the Flyers the young C that the organization lacks.
I'd like to move Risto to loosen up the money too extend Walker. If that can't happen, Walker has to be traded.
It's past time to move Laughton. Last summer was the moment. He had had a decent year and then played well at the WC. Since then his play and value have declined. Take a 2nd and the cap space.
I'd like to move Hart but until he is cleared by the Ontario police, it's a tough move.
Guys like Seeler, Deslauriers, Atkinson and Staal get traded for any reasonable offers. As you posted, there are replacements for them down in LV.
Lastly, have talks with Rizzo's agent to firm him up to come here after his college season is finished.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Good post. I'm in on most of your ideas.
Like you, overpaying Tippett makes no sense. I wonder what Anaheim would need to move Zegras to Philly- Tippett and ??? Z would give the Flyers the young C that the organization lacks.
I'd like to move Risto to loosen up the money too extend Walker. If that can't happen, Walker has to be traded.
It's past time to move Laughton. Last summer was the moment. He had had a decent year and then played well at the WC. Since then his play and value have declined. Take a 2nd and the cap space.
I'd like to move Hart but until he is cleared by the Ontario police, it's a tough move.
Guys like Seeler, Deslauriers, Atkinson and Staal get traded for any reasonable offers. As you posted, there are replacements for them down in LV.
Lastly, have talks with Rizzo's agent to firm him up to come here after his college season is finished.
Tbh I kinda forgot about Rizzo lmao

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Seeler + Walker - looking for a first from anyone, minimum of 2 x 2nds. Package them as a pair and work the phones. G

Atkinson - anything higher than a 4th and you take it. Else, you ride out next year and hope he can find some goals.

Laughton - 2nd or higher.
Staal - anything
Risto - anything
Hathaway - 4th or higher.

Konecny - 2 firsts, a second and a blue chip prospect. I'm taking call on Konecny but the price is steep. If someone puts that on the table, I'm going to think long and hard about it.

Carter Hart - First + second. I'll take calls on Hart if the offer is good enough.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Strictly from value, since it won’t happen, Konecny is 2 1sts, and a young roster player in the NHL. You can’t come out of a trade like that without someone that inserts into your lineup. Someone like Wyatt Johnston. But like I said, that won’t happen

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If they trade Walker as expected, they can always tell the room Drysdale replaced him. There really isn't a reason not to trade him unless you don't understand probabilities and do believe Homer's "get in and ya never know"

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Go get Ostlund. Buffalo needs some #culture.

Remember when Buffalo traded a 5th to rent Simmonds for #culture……when they were like bottom 5? :laugh:

Buffalo’s new management has been doing things right, but they’re approaching the point where they trade futures to get this rebuild off the ground. Hart is the guy for which Buffalo might really trade Ostlund or whatever. Goaltending and a real coach are their major organizational holes.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
If they trade Walker as expected, they can always tell the room Drysdale replaced him. There really isn't a reason not to trade him unless you don't understand probabilities and do believe Homer's "get in and ya never know"
Remember when Torts said he likes Sanheim on right side a few days ago? That might help the lineup if they don’t believe in Ronnie Attard lol

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Remember when Buffalo traded a 5th to rent Simmonds for #culture……when they were like bottom 5? :laugh:

Buffalo’s new management has been doing things right, but they’re approaching the point where they trade futures to get this rebuild off the ground. Hart is the guy for which Buffalo might really trade Ostlund or whatever. Goaltending and a real coach are their major organizational holes.
I’d try everything I could to steal Benson too lol.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

They have so many guys - Peterka, Jack Quinn, Kulich, Benson, Ostlund. I thought they had a lot of hope for Devon Levi in goal.

#ProspectExpert

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They have so many guys - Peterka, Jack Quinn, Kulich, Benson, Ostlund. I thought they had a lot of hope for Devon Levi in goal.

#ProspectExpert

They’ve actually had a really good month in the goaltending department. Guess I haven’t checked recently because it has trended up from ~bottom 6. Still not sure UPL is good, and an undersized Levi with shrug pro numbers? Who knows with goalies? But I’m not exactly confident with them.

Still, that team hasn’t had anything but TRASH for coaches for more than a decade. Apart from that, I still think Buffalo will explore parting with 1-2 pieces of their abundant talent pool. Veteran defender, goalie, whatever. I think the Flyers match up well as a partner. But tell them that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They’ve actually had a really good month in the goaltending department. Guess I haven’t checked recently because it has trended up from ~bottom 6. Still not sure UPL is good, and an undersized Levi with shrug pro numbers? Who knows with goalies? But I’m not exactly confident with them.

Still, that team hasn’t had anything but TRASH for coaches for at least a decade. Apart from that, I still think Buffalo will explore parting with 1-2 pieces of their abundant talent pool. Veteran defender, goalie, whatever. I think the Flyers match up well this summer.

Yosh, I hope so - that's a good place to go shopping. Maybe skip over to Lumbus and pick up Kent Johnson. Make Chicago a can't-refuse-or-you-die offer for Lukas Reichel. Hail Mary a package for Wyatt Johnston.

Reactions: Magua

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I thought of you when I saw this the other day. (I have no idea how this popped up for me.)

gMU1YZz.gif

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020

Still, that team hasn’t had anything but TRASH for coaches for more than a decade. Apart from that, I still think Buffalo will explore parting with 1-2 pieces of their abundant talent pool. Veteran defender, goalie, whatever. I think the Flyers match up well as a partner. But tell them that.
Buffalo has had scouts at the last few Flyers games. Wonder who they are interested in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad