You are the GM thread....Trade Deadline 2024

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
All the guys that should be dealt have been named in this thread often. Trade them all, don’t spare anyone because we might make the playoffs. I don’t even think it makes the flyers a worse team, there’s plenty of young guys who could step up given more minutes. I haven’t watched any phantoms games this year but Laczynski and Lycksell are producing at a rate that makes me think they’d be effective 4th line guys. Play Andrae too and just suck it up and deal with the warts along the way

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I feel what you’re saying as well. And I hope Michkov turns into a top 5 NHL player. He’s performing in the KHL exceptionally well. I hope he’s a legit 100+ point player in the NHL and I believe there is a legit non-zero chance of that happening.

And this is a legit question, not just to you, but the entire board...has his prospect status been elevated to a generational player such as Crosby/Ovie outside of anyone in the Philadelphia media? Is he really as good of a prospect as McDavid and Bedard? I know very recently, the athletic named him as the 6th best prospect under 23. They placed him under the category as 'bubble elite NHL player and All Star'. I'm not saying that's right, but I am saying he's not viewed as a generational prospect by basically everyone. I just don't know if he's at that level of Crosby/Ovie/McDavid/Bedard prospect level.

And that's why I am saying, if he comes over and is an 80-90 point player, legit top line winger who can help the Flyers win a championship - that's still a successful outcome. Again, you can set the bar higher, and that's fine. I'm not saying you can't or that I even fault you for doing such. I'm just saying, my bar for a successful outcome is different. Not better or worse, just different.
I feel where you are coming from as well and agree that he doesn't need to be crosby/ovie to be major addition to the team or even star in the league.

In regards to your second paragraph. The short answer is, all media outside philly is fully aware that Michkov is a potential generational player. If you rewatch the draft listen to the commentators talk about him as a pick, most of the panel is fully aware of the caliber of prospect Michkov is supposed to be.

The briefest possible long answer is. Both Bedard and Michkov had been talked about as prodigy players for years prior to them being relevant as nhl prospects. Michkov was at YOG u16(which was littered with NHL draft picks), but this performance was a bit too early to have a lot of weight in evaluation. The u18 WC tournament, is always a tournament that impacts draft stock of currently draft eligible players(Bedard & Michkov were 2 years from their draft year when they participated). After Michkov lead this tournament in points and Bedard tied for 2nd, and they squared off in the championship, the narrative of "Bedard/Michkov 1a/1b, who will go first?" Became legit. Michkov's on ice performance had been and continued to be the equivalent of a Bedard level prospect. Michkov signed a long KHL contract. Russia enters Ukraine. Both events in tandem created an element of risk, that despite his status as prospect moved him down the board. Michkov continued to perform at the level of potentially generational player, but with decreased NA visibility the narrative that Michkov and Bedard were once 1A & 1B was easily burried. However, any media that was in the know on prospects knew/remembered the prior narrative. Heck, even some fanbases knew/remembered. Montreal made Michkov trend on Twitter when the draft order was announced. Overwhelming salt levels were reached when they did not select him, though fizzled currently. Michkov potentially being generational was always known, at some point media stopped talking about it, but that was not because Michkov stopped being that good on the ice

Reactions: VladDrag

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I try shopping Risto, Deslauriers, Hathaway, and Atkinson but find no takers as I am unwilling to eat cap.

Laughton gets moved based more on reputation than this season for a 2nd.

Clearing up the logjam on the backend is key. Sanheim, York, Drysdale, Risto will be staying.

Sell on Seeler and Walker. Bring up Attard and Emil A. If either struggles put in Belpido who played well when up. If everyone is healthy on the backend try moving Staal for next to nothing

Let's see what we have in house. Probably adding no real incoming pieces. But if we do, it would be by trying to unload some older prospects as well.

Try to buy low on Kappo Kakko.
Can kakko play lw? I know he's normally a right wing, but his only place on the team would be at left wing

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not trying to be rude to any Flyers fan's on this board, I know a lot of people don't have the time to actually watch Michkov. If Michkov busts, I literally know nothing about hockey. I would say the chance of bust is less than 1%. He's almost as sure a thing as I've ever seen. The guy is just an unreal talent and the best prospect that I've ever watched in the Flyers organization. IF he comes we have a superstar, if he was Canadian he would have went #2, if he was a center, him and Bedard would have went down to the wire for #1. He's a #1 overall talent in a deep draft type of guy.
How does he compare to Kucherov. B/c it would seem to be that's the type of player he may become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad