You are Jeff Gorton.

What direction are you taking this team...?

• Total voters

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What has the McQuaid trade accomplish so far? Did he like have just 1 fight this season and got destroyed along with whatever trade value he had left?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
McQuaid is still a serviceable player that will be sought after by teams gearing up for a playoff run and wanting a veteran. Fighting will not really be what a team wants from him.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No, I didn't forget. There was a great deal of luck with Jagr and Lundqvist, but the whole structure of our franchise changed because of our commitment to try and build from within.

The impact a developmental coach like Renney had was also imperative with the amount of youngsters we had on our roster. The relentless effort from 4th line plugs like Ortmeyer and Betts electrified the team and set a new standard from the overpaid hacks that plagued our franchise during the dark ages.

Sather didn't fully rebuild though. That's where he ****ed up in my opinion. He acquired some good young players but nothing exceptional. When I look at a lot of the guys that Gorton has acquired, I see the same thing. Howden. Lindgren. Rykov. Hajek. Good prospects but no game breaking talent. Nothing elite.

The difference with Gorton is he's tried to acquire that kind of talent through the draft, but picking 7th and 9th isn't enough. If we continue the pace we've been going, we might get lucky and get that top-5 pick. However, if a team picking in the top-10 of this draft is interested in swapping that pick + for someone like Zibby, then it's something we should seriously consider.

The nostalgia over the “new focus” in the New Era™️ is a lot of bullshit. The Rangers were forced to stay within the cap, so they couldn’t spend as much as they did in dark ages.

Renney coached the team because no established coach wanted to touch that train wreck when by 2005, the team had zero known superstars. The King was supposed to be the backup for a bit.

By 4 years into the New Era™️, the Rangers bought in Gomez, Drury, Higgins, Kotalik, Gaborik, and Brashear.

Here are the two truths.

First: The King was so f***ing good in a position where impact is harder to see, and he dragged this team as much as Crosby did his.

Second: The Rangers have never. I repeat never commited to a long term rebuild.

They really need it

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
IMO, the Rangers still haven't fully commited to a rebuid. Playing scrubs like McLeod and all these vets on defense is not committing to a rebuild. I'm all for not rushing prospects. However, I also think if they had played more rookies from day one, the organization would be in a much better position to get a top 3 pick right now which is what they badly need.

Reactions: BroadwayBlues

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
IMO, the Rangers still haven't fully commited to a rebuid. Playing scrubs like McLeod and all these vets on defense is not committing to a rebuild. I'm all for not rushing prospects. However, I also think if they had played more rookies from day one, the organization would be in a much better position to get a top 3 pick right now which is what they badly need.

Playing the vets because the kids aren’t ready. Gotta be patient.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So, the deal with trade offers is...they kinda, sorta, have to be real in order to be accepted.

It doesn't work like a motivational poster or the rules of attraction --- just because we can dream it, doesn't mean we can achieve it.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I think playing McLeod and the scrubs on D kind of goes against your point.

DeAngelo has gotten the shaft, but that has more to do with the organizations love fest with Pionk.

Reactions: jas

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You are contradicting yourself. You say that you are not for rushing prospects, but yet advocate that more rookies play on day 1. Who should have been playing?

Also, I see ZERO evidence that would lead me to believe that your statement about them not committing to a full rebuild to be factual. What is it that you will point to that supports your axiom?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

You're contradicting yourself.

Reactions: Edge

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I feel whatever return Fast would get would be less valuable than keeping him. He is a guy the younger players could learn from and his cap hit is small. We don't have to resign him for that next contract if we don't see fit.
Until Shesty is actually in the US, Georgiev should be on this team. Hank is signed for two more years. Someone is going to need to be the back up after he is gone and Shesty is the starter. Why not Georgiev?

I think Shatty and Pionk are redundant, I'd prefer to keep Pionk. Sure, for the right price he can be moved but I'm not sure the return would be more valuable to us than he would be. I don't want to trade Andersson but I would if the price was right.

Georgiev, I agree w/RangerBoy, trade, tho it's uphill climb to get a 1st for him.
Adequate value in a package is satisfactory

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The acquisition of Howden has made Andersson somewhat redundant, which is a good thing, since that's how you build organizational depth. The problem is that Andersson carries the tag of "7OA" which is what his critics cannot look past, and use as the blunt instrument to hammer the Ranger drafting approach, even though every other 1st rounder they've selected has been for players with boom potential.
Howden, also emergence of Chytil and Boo on the scene.

Safest is to move Andy while his lack of playing can be justified by minutes to others, and while his record remains closest to draft position. The further we go away from that, the closer we are to what his actual performance record is, whether that be better or not than 7OA-ish.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
my vote is other, which is the strategic bernmeister blueprint, generally going for youth and futures and being a little more active to make up for all the win now nonsense we are now paying for.

One thing I would do regardless of any trades is establish a policy: no NMCs ever. I don't care if you are the second coming of Bobby Orr.
The standard application is you get a relative minimum of roughly the number of exempt teams in a given year progressively proportionate to the total number in the league, roughly, with some possible adds to that minimum, and also a guaranteed protection of at least 2 or 3 teams minimum if there is no relative protection. Other than that, your ass can be traded.
So for example, guy has a 4 year deal. NHL is 31 going on 32 teams atm.
First year of deal, player has protection of 24 teams, can be traded to 8
Second year, player has protection of 16 teams, can be traded to 16
Third year player has protection of 24 teams, can be traded to 8
Fourth year player has no protection can be traded to any of 32 teams, but has a minimum of 2 or 3 teams as a courtesy so he doesn't feel like he has no protection vs a handful of incompatible landing spots.

Something like that.

As to the roster, strip to an essential core for Quinn to focus on for next year, allowing we will add to it. Sell surplus depth now, preferably for futures, and max our return there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for, the roster moves, you guys get dibs on the main board:

1. Rangers - Leafs
Skjei 5.25 x 6 + Pionk .925 + DeAngelo .863,333, both expiring elc, rfa kicks in, + Namest, 4.0 x 2
cap = 11.038,333
for
Nylander $10,277,778 this season ($6,962,366 ongoing after) + Marincin .8 expiring
cap = 11.077,778
ballpark dif is within a quarter mil, cap compliant
Some scuttlebutt that Nylander may be on the table sooner than later. I don’t think current rumblings about Skjei + Zuc and little else gets it done are right. Whether or not that is actually true, for purposes of this thread, assume that is the case b’c Matthews will write his own check to extend [Leafs cannot match theoretical offer sheet due to cap] and get max $. Also, similarly, Marner has emerged into an elite W. At some point, as much as Nylander brings, we see that $10m+ being repurposed nicely making sense. Jettisoning Nylander coers most of one of the MM boys next season; more importantly it energizes the defense long term, with one LD and two RD youthful injections,. This provides lots of backline depth, and gives TOR option to turn Gardiner into a rental they can’t agree on $. [That may happen anyway given Reilly, Zaitsev, and Dermott as the other half of the D equation, and Gardiner as a rental helps with a future.]
Rangers overpay [a fairer value would have included RD prospect Lijigren], but while they gut defense short term, they obtain potential first line F with a righty shot who projects bookending well with Kreider. Getting Nylander now helps get NY’s core roster going forward faster acclimated to HC Quinn’s system, and, depleted of excess bodies, drains them balance of season to help run up the loss total = better draft position.
2. Rangers - Sabres
Zibanejad 5.35 x 4 + Lias Andersson .894,166 x 3 elc + Claeeson .7 expiring [on LTIR atm but I think going forward is day to day] + TB 2019 2nd [can morph into last 1st]
cap = 6.944,166
for
BUF 2019 + 2020 1sts (unprotected) + Sharks + Blues 2019 1sts as is with conditions, + rights to RD prospect Oskaari Laaksonen [no cap hit] + cap dumps Beaulieu 2.4 expiring w/rfa + expiring Molson 5.0
Total cap dif is just under half mil, is cap compliant
Sabres pay big time with futures but arguably are getting theirs up front. Zib is sweet $ and term, and Andersson was 7OA with no chance for mins now with NYR to suggest upgrade or degrade to that valuation. Claesson expected to be back not to far down the road, has played very nicely so far, looks like good LD, defensively reliable, reasonably priced w/rfa next contract. Other than promising Laaksonen, a third rounder, the other players are a guy who was not setting the world on find who has asked out, and a guy who has been buried for a couple of years now. So it’s the 4 picks for a definite 2nd that could become the last 1st of 2019 [which at worst replaces the 2019 2nd Sabes are now missing], a guy who was 6OA that is a known commodity and a 7OA who can step in now and push for 3C who may ultimately have 2C upside potential or immediate 4C right now, depending on who Sabes place at W.
Rangers hate to lose Zib, but he has a NMC which kicks in after this season, and a trade is the only way to defeat that, short of him extending his current deal and voluntarily removing the protection. Rangers are potentially good at pivot w/Kravtsov, Chytil, possibly returning UFA Hayes, Nieves and others, making it sensible if not necessary for them to repurpose both Zib and Andersson, and 1sts are
3. Rangers - Predators
Hayes 5.175 expiring [at half to 2.5875] + McQuaid 2.75 expiring [at half to 1.375]
cap hit is 3.9625
for
Preds 2019 1st + acceptable prospect, zero cap hit pending prospects if signed
deal is not cap compliant, but part of deal is in exchange for Rangers eating half x 2, Preds absorb into their 6.7+ available cap, still leaving Nashville with almost 3m cap available. Also, no cap consequences here are beyond this year.
Analysis: While things are not set in stone until they actually happen, the buyer, while getting dibs ‘in case’, will assume Hayes is a pure rental even though he is UFA. Kevin likes NY, and it is reasonable GMJG would offer him 6.2-6.4 x 5, which is an added favor from Hayes, who could get more on the market. In return, he unofficially banks huge goodwill for gig on post season career. Preds recognize as a rental Hayes even w/o retention is a 1st + a very good prospect + small add, and on top of that is McQuaid, who would get at least a 3rd, I think if a team needs to, esp b’c of injury, they push it to a 2nd.
Rangers will take the late 1st from Preds, any decent prospect mutually acceptable is fine, and hope Hayes returns next season.
4. Rangers - Canes
Strome 3.1 x 2 + Georgiev 792,500 x 2 — cap hit = 3.892,500
for
Canes 2019 1st + McKeown .745 + rights to unsigned Adam Fox + cap dump Darling 3.125 current then 3.075 x 2
cap hit = 3.820
total cap dif is negligible
Carolina needs a netminder, can afford the RD prospects. They are thin at pivot. Strome was 5OA, not yet worth that selection, but has looked much better since coming to Rangers from Oilers. Would be a better fit for NY as a righty shot RW, but they are giving him some looks at pivot since he says he likes the look from C. Removing 3 years of Darling $ to erase that mistake, + a young goalie tutored under top netminder guru Benoit Allaire, cost controlled, + Strome for the middle, both immediate and young, are worth McKeown + Fox’ rights, neither w/slot available behind Pesce & co + their unprotected 1st.
Rangers will add needed RD youth + pick + hope Allaire can help Darling recover his game.
5. Rangers - Oilers
Buchnevich, .925 elc expiring, rfa rights kick in + Smith 4.35 x 3 + NYR 2020 1st
for
Puljujavri, .925 elc expiring, rfa rights kick in + Sekera, 5.5 x 3 + EDM 2019 1st
cap dif is 1.35 savings to EDM
Long term upside remains to be seen. On paper, as a physical specimen, one expects JP to be the better player based on potential stud factor dominance. However, that has yet to be realized to date. Truth be told, these are 2 gifted talents who have not yet put it all together on all cylinders. Poolparty may be better when all skates are hung up, but today, right now, Buch is the better bet not to bust/bust as much. Sekera was the far better of two lefties who play RD, but he is a big IF returning from extended LTIR, and this move saves extremely straightjacketed Oil a full 1.35 x 3. Smith has varied from crapulence to a guy who deserved his contract based on a good playoff. Finally it seems he is back from showing up hog fat last year. In any case he is at worst a 7th D who does reliably provide toughness. In consideration, they swap 1sts a year apart.
Rangers take the earlier 1st and gamble on the players returned [Sekera possibly stays on LTIR]
6. Rangers - Avalanche
Zuc 4.5 expiring + Rangers 2019 3rd
for
Colorado 2019 1st + Jost 885,833 x 2
rough cap dif is 3.6+ savings to Rangers, which Avs can afford
Zuc is a not a given but a decent bet to extend at 5.25 x 2 plus two club options one each for both of the two following seasons following at the same rate. So, 5.25 x 4 effectively, w/hard commitment to 2 yrs only protection if unlikely Zuc loses his wheels overnight. An acceptable prospect in lieu of Jost can be considered, let’s assume Jost for now.
follow up:
Assume Hayes, parallel to Chapman-Yankees, returns as UFA, 5 years, 6.2 per
Assume Kreider extended 5 years, 6.8 - 7.2 range
Assume Panarin comes here in 2 phases!
First a short term deal that expires right before the expansion draft so we don’t have to protect him, then we extend him afterwards. So it’s a couple of years each times two, figure total 6 years 10.5 [he throws us a bone on the term]
Add Kravtsov available/promoted
That’s fine for next yr. Outside chance Taylor Hall signs short UFA 1 yr deal following season.
I have pushed for Nieves as your stopgap 1C [only b’c he should be at Kreider’s hip, and Kreider is the 1LW]. For balance of this year, Kreider - Nieves - Nylander [book end Ws are complementary lefty-righty shots], replaced in pivot by Kravtsov next season.
Kreider - Kravtsov - Nylander
Chytil - Hayes - Panarin
Howden - Nieves - Fast
Poolparty- Jost - Vesey
assumes Poolparty ready. Gettinger is your spare.
I’d experiment with Howden and Nieves using superior speed, then either adding more speed with Fast. If Howden swings to 3LW and Nieves does not drop down [or vice versa], competitive best of cheap UFA add, or prospect is stopgap if Jost not ready. McLeod is a possible 1 yr extender for W toughness.
The Rangers have one more outside the box move to play. They sign Eric Karlsson for one year only at 12m on the condition that if Rangers are not overnight worst to first competitive, they can trade him to a contender, his input seriously considered, at half, as an uber primo rental. While this is not the same total $ as a multiyear deal, EK is getting top top $ for one season, so he is not locked in if he moves on, and gets to negotiate the following season, so as long as he is not LTIR, he is not screwed, and he already has made millions.
The D lineup: [if EK does not sign or signs and is dealt, if not dealt, move RD down one]
Lindgren - Fox
Hajek - Shattenkirk
Rykov - McKeown/Bigras
Rangers also have Day at the A, hoping to knock on the door thereafter. Miller is a couple of years out with RD prospects like Lundkvist, Ragnarsson, Keane, et al, and joined by Laaksonen.
Staal ask to retire, take on as consultant for slightly mo $ to hands on mentor young LD.
Shattenkirk, issue is recovery from injury.
If fine he can play out next 2 yrs, if not, ask him also to retire and take scout/consult gig.
In all cases, GMJG will be mindful of what moves optimizes NY with the upcoming expansion draft, including negotiation of who Rangers will surrender in lieu of exposing. If the above D are not ready, then stopgap as necessary; I see more senior prospects getting 9 games each look see, while not burning elc year.
The above is to start, does not include FA adds.
In net Hank + Shesty. If emergency backup Darling regains form he may be showcased.
NY would have its own, + many additional picks. Some can flipped to move up in this year’s draft, others can be flipped to next year +, the + = profit.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers end up with 96 firsts????.......works for me.

When it doesn't for everyone else, realize it is just more craziness.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Georgiev, I agree w/RangerBoy, trade, tho it's uphill climb to get a 1st for him.
Adequate value in a package is satisfactory

Goalies that are not elite #1's normally don't fetch a lot. No chance Georgiev with his limited resume' gets a first and likely not even a second.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for, the roster moves, you guys get dibs on the main board:

1. Rangers - Leafs
Skjei 5.25 x 6 + Pionk .925 + DeAngelo .863,333, both expiring elc, rfa kicks in, + Namest, 4.0 x 2
cap = 11.038,333
for
Nylander $10,277,778 this season ($6,962,366 ongoing after) + Marincin .8 expiring
cap = 11.077,778
Some scuttlebutt that Nylander may be on the table sooner than later. I don’t think current rumblings about Skjei + Zuc and little else gets it done are right. Whether or not that is actually true, for purposes of this thread, assume that is the case b’c Matthews will write his own check to extend [Leafs cannot match theoretical offer sheet due to cap] and get max $. Also, similarly, Marner has emerged into an elite W. At some point, as much as Nylander brings, we see that $10m+ being repurposed nicely making sense. Jettisoning Nylander coers most of one of the MM boys next season; more importantly it energizes the defense long term, with one LD and two RD youthful injections,. This provides lots of backline depth, and gives TOR option to turn Gardiner into a rental they can’t agree on $. [That may happen anyway given Reilly, Zaitsev, and Dermott as the other half of the D equation, and Gardiner as a rental helps with a future.]
Rangers overpay [a fairer value would have included RD prospect Lijigren], but while they gut defense short term, they obtain potential first line F with a righty shot who projects bookending well with Kreider. Getting Nylander now helps get NY’s core roster going forward faster acclimated to HC Quinn’s system, and, depleted of excess bodies, drains them balance of season to help run up the loss total = better draft position.
2. Rangers - Sabres
Zibanejad 5.35 x 4 + Lias Andersson .894,166 x 3 elc + Claeeson .7 expiring [on LTIR atm but I think going forward is day to day] + TB 2019 2nd [can morph into last 1st]
cap = 6.944,166
for
BUF 2019 + 2020 1sts (unprotected) + Sharks + Blues 2019 1sts as is with conditions, + rights to RD prospect Oskaari Laaksonen [no cap hit] + cap dumps Beaulieu 2.4 expiring w/rfa + expiring Molson 5.0
Sabres pay big time with futures but arguably are getting theirs up front. Zib is sweet $ and term, and Andersson was 7OA with no chance for mins now with NYR to suggest upgrade or degrade to that valuation. Claesson expected to be back not to far down the road, has played very nicely so far, looks like good LD, defensively reliable, reasonably priced w/rfa next contract. Other than promising Laaksonen, a third rounder, the other players are a guy who was not setting the world on find who has asked out, and a guy who has been buried for a couple of years now. So it’s the 4 picks for a definite 2nd that could become the last 1st of 2019 [which at worst replaces the 2019 2nd Sabes are now missing], a guy who was 6OA that is a known commodity and a 7OA who can step in now and push for 3C who may ultimately have 2C upside potential or immediate 4C right now, depending on who Sabes place at W.
Rangers hate to lose Zib, but he has a NMC which kicks in after this season, and a trade is the only way to defeat that, short of him extending his current deal and voluntarily removing the protection. Rangers are potentially good at pivot w/Kravtsov, Chytil, possibly returning UFA Hayes, Nieves and others, making it sensible if not necessary for them to repurpose both Zib and Andersson, and 1sts are
3. Rangers - Predators
Hayes 5.175 expiring [at half to 2.5875] + McQuaid 2.75 expiring [at half to 1.375]
cap hit is 3.9625
for
deal is not cap compliant, but part of deal is in exchange for Rangers eating half x 2, Preds absorb into their 6.7+ available cap, still leaving Nashville with almost 3m cap available. Also, no cap consequences here are beyond this year.
Analysis: While things are not set in stone until they actually happen, the buyer, while getting dibs ‘in case’, will assume Hayes is a pure rental even though he is UFA. Kevin likes NY, and it is reasonable GMJG would offer him 6.2-6.4 x 5, which is an added favor from Hayes, who could get more on the market. In return, he unofficially banks huge goodwill for gig on post season career. Preds recognize as a rental Hayes even w/o retention is a 1st + a very good prospect + small add, and on top of that is McQuaid, who would get at least a 3rd, I think if a team needs to, esp b’c of injury, they push it to a 2nd.
Rangers will take the late 1st from Preds, any decent prospect mutually acceptable is fine, and hope Hayes returns next season.
4. Rangers - Canes
for
Canes 2019 1st + McKeown .745 + rights to unsigned Adam Fox + cap dump Darling 3.125 current then 3.075 x 2
cap hit = 3.820
Carolina needs a netminder, can afford the RD prospects. They are thin at pivot. Strome was 5OA, not yet worth that selection, but has looked much better since coming to Rangers from Oilers. Would be a better fit for NY as a righty shot RW, but they are giving him some looks at pivot since he says he likes the look from C. Removing 3 years of Darling $ to erase that mistake, + a young goalie tutored under top netminder guru Benoit Allaire, cost controlled, + Strome for the middle, both immediate and young, are worth McKeown + Fox’ rights, neither w/slot available behind Pesce & co + their unprotected 1st.
Rangers will add needed RD youth + pick + hope Allaire can help Darling recover his game.
5. Rangers - Oilers
Buchnevich, .925 elc expiring, rfa rights kick in + Smith 4.35 x 3 + NYR 2020 1st
for
Puljujavri, .925 elc expiring, rfa rights kick in + Sekera, 5.5 x 3 + EDM 2019 1st
Long term upside remains to be seen. On paper, as a physical specimen, one expects JP to be the better player based on potential stud factor dominance. However, that has yet to be realized to date. Truth be told, these are 2 gifted talents who have not yet put it all together on all cylinders. Poolparty may be better when all skates are hung up, but today, right now, Buch is the better bet not to bust/bust as much. Sekera was the far better of two lefties who play RD, but he is a big IF returning from extended LTIR, and this move saves extremely straightjacketed Oil a full 1.35 x 3. Smith has varied from crapulence to a guy who deserved his contract based on a good playoff. Finally it seems he is back from showing up hog fat last year. In any case he is at worst a 7th D who does reliably provide toughness. In consideration, they swap 1sts a year apart.
Rangers take the earlier 1st and gamble on the players returned [Sekera possibly stays on LTIR]
6. Rangers - Avalanche
for
Zuc is a not a given but a decent bet to extend at 5.25 x 2 plus two club options one each for both of the two following seasons following at the same rate. So, 5.25 x 4 effectively, w/hard commitment to 2 yrs only protection if unlikely Zuc loses his wheels overnight. An acceptable prospect in lieu of Jost can be considered, let’s assume Jost for now.
follow up:
First a short term deal that expires right before the expansion draft so we don’t have to protect him, then we extend him afterwards. So it’s a couple of years each times two, figure total 6 years 10.5 [he throws us a bone on the term]
That’s fine for next yr. Outside chance Taylor Hall signs short UFA 1 yr deal following season.
I have pushed for Nieves as your stopgap 1C [only b’c he should be at Kreider’s hip, and Kreider is the 1LW]. For balance of this year, Kreider - Nieves - Nylander [book end Ws are complementary lefty-righty shots], replaced in pivot by Kravtsov next season.
Chytil - Hayes - Panarin
Howden - Nieves - Fast
Poolparty- Jost - Vesey
I’d experiment with Howden and Nieves using superior speed, then either adding more speed with Fast. If Howden swings to 3LW and Nieves does not drop down [or vice versa], competitive best of cheap UFA add, or prospect is stopgap if Jost not ready. McLeod is a possible 1 yr extender for W toughness.
The Rangers have one more outside the box move to play. They sign Eric Karlsson for one year only at 12m on the condition that if Rangers are not overnight worst to first competitive, they can trade him to a contender, his input seriously considered, at half, as an uber primo rental. While this is not the same total $ as a multiyear deal, EK is getting top top $ for one season, so he is not locked in if he moves on, and gets to negotiate the following season, so as long as he is not LTIR, he is not screwed, and he already has made millions.
The D lineup: [if EK does not sign or signs and is dealt, if not dealt, move RD down one]
Lindgren - Fox
Hajek - Shattenkirk
Rykov - McKeown/Bigras
Rangers also have Day at the A, hoping to knock on the door thereafter. Miller is a couple of years out with RD prospects like Lundkvist, Ragnarsson, Keane, et al, and joined by Laaksonen.
Staal ask to retire, take on as consultant for slightly mo $ to hands on mentor young LD.
If fine he can play out next 2 yrs, if not, ask him also to retire and take scout/consult gig.
In all cases, GMJG will be mindful of what moves optimizes NY with the upcoming expansion draft, including negotiation of who Rangers will surrender in lieu of exposing. If the above D are not ready, then stopgap as necessary; I see more senior prospects getting 9 games each look see, while not burning elc year.
In net Hank + Shesty. If emergency backup Darling regains form he may be showcased.
NY would have its own, + many additional picks. Some can flipped to move up in this year’s draft, others can be flipped to next year +, the + = profit.

Bern what’s your drink of choice?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern what’s your drink of choice?

varies w/mood and what else is goin on...

Summer:
Sangria/Tanqueray & Tonic/Harvey Wallbanger
With Meal:
wines: full bodied reds, medium whites, pref French or Italian
After dinner w/cappuccino:
Grand Marnier
Drambuie
B&B

what's yours?

More importantly, what do you think about my plan to max our 1sts and upgrade the team?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
varies w/mood and what else is goin on...

Summer:
Sangria/Tanqueray & Tonic/Harvey Wallbanger
With Meal:
wines: full bodied reds, medium whites, pref French or Italian
After dinner w/cappuccino:
Grand Marnier
Drambuie
B&B

what's yours?

More importantly, what do you think about my plan to max our 1sts and upgrade the team?

I’m a white rum and chase it with iced tea, seltzer, or juice kinda guy.

I’ve transitioned over the last few months to Team: Scorched Earth. I’m hellbent on seeing this team try and acquire as many early picks as possible.

What I’m not interested in is reading about unrealistic and lopsided scenario’s that are ultimately a waste of time. Most of your scenarios are creative, but usually unrealistic and way off from reality.

Just being real here.

Less would be more with you. Simplify your proposals and put some emphasis on why your proposal makes sense for both teams. It’ll go a LONG WAY with a lot of people here.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

1. Rangers - Leafs
cap = 11.038,333
for
cap = 11.077,778
2. Rangers - Sabres
cap = 6.944,166
for
3. Rangers - Predators
cap hit is 3.9625
for
4. Rangers - Canes
for
cap hit = 3.820
5. Rangers - Oilers
for
6. Rangers - Avalanche
for
follow up:
Chytil - Hayes - Panarin
Howden - Nieves - Fast
Poolparty- Jost - Vesey
Lindgren - Fox
Hajek - Shattenkirk
Rykov - McKeown/Bigras

I've been reading your proposals for years and they are just so crazy. I mean on what planet are any of these even realistic.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3