BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
- Umberger buy out
- White, Manning, Medvedev, Gagner, Weal all walk
- Trade Read, replace with Leier
- Cousins, Gudas, Schenn extended
- VDV to AHL or at least 13th forward
- Let Laughton actually play. He's still going to be a good player.
- Sign 1 or 2 actually good 4th liners for no more than 2 years each

MacDonald is not realistic to move, so he stays.
If possible, move Streit.

Basically, make room so that at some point in the season we can call up anyone that has earned it. I'm sure someone from the Lindblom, NAK, Fazleev, Bardreau, Martel, Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, Marti group will earn a call up.

People need to not let a bad stretch of a few games sway them. It's strange how easily people are distracted from reality once they tasted some success. If the Flyers were in the same exact position in the standings but more evenly spread their wins over the season instead of going on a run, I doubt people would be overreacting right now.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I would follow Appleyard's plan, only replacing Read with Konecny and hanging on to Streit (possibly until the trade deadline-- or keeping contingent on how the season is going).

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Let Medvedev, Manning, Gagner, White & Weal walk.
Resign Schenn, Cousins & Gudas.
Give Alt the Manning treatment from this year.
Send VdV to the AHL. (I would say let him be 13th man... but yeh, that aint happening!)
Call-up Leier.
Call-up McDonald to be 13th man.
Trade Streit after bonus paid.
Buy-out Umberger.
Sign Brodziak.

Voracek -- Giroux -- Simmonds
Raffl -- Couturier -- Schenn
Laughton -- Cousins -- Read
Leier -- Brodziak -- Bellemare
McDonald

Del Zotto -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Gudas
Schultz -- MacDonald
Alt

Mason
Neuvirth

Then let our prospects mature.

This, except I would look to dump Read to a team needing some winger depth and PKers. I'd replace him with a guy like Helm, as somebody else mentioned. I'd love that influx of speed and a solid build on the team. He could eventually be moved down to the 4th line when Konecny/NAK/Lindblom come up the following season.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Sign Helm 2 YeAr 5M
TRADE: Read for 2nd round pick
Re-Sign Gudas + Schenn + White + Medvedev

Schenn--Giroux--Simmonds
Voracek--Couturier--Konecny
Helm--Cousins--Raffl
Laughton--White--Bellemare

Del Zotto--Goatisbehere
Schultz--Streit
Sanheim--Gudas
Medvedev

Mason

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
  1. Buy-out R.J. Umberger
  2. Re-sign Brayden Schenn (3 years, $15 million)
  3. Re-sign Nick Cousins (2 years, $2.6 million)
  4. Re-sign Radko Gudas (3 years, $7.5 million)
  5. Let Medvedev, Manning, White and Gagner walk
  6. Re-sign Weal and send to AHL (will tear it up with Sanheim, NAK, etc)
  7. Draft Bellows, Brown, Tufte or Kunin
  8. Trade Matt Read to Edmonton at Draft for 3rd round pick
  9. Demote Chris VandeVelde
  10. Promote Provorov and Leier
  11. Give Konecny 9 game try-out to make team
  12. Sign UFA Kyle Brodziak or Boyd Gordon
  13. Trade Neuvirth at deadline to team needing goaltending depth
  14. Trade Streit the second you can for as much as you can

Start of 2016-2017 season

Voracek-Giroux-Simmonds (hope that Jake has great summer and rebounds)
Schenn-Couturier-Konecny (TK's 'quickness' would add major punch)
Laughton-Cousins-Raffl (dependable grind line that will chip in)
Leier-Brodziak/Gordon-Bellemare

If TK doesn't look ready, you move Raffl back up to Line 2, Bellemare or Leier to Line 3, and dress VandeVelde or McDonald on the 4th line.

Del Zotto-Ghost
Provorov-Gudas (if Manning can play top 4 with Gudas, so can Ivan from Day 1)
MacDonald/Streit-Schultz

Mason
Neuvirth (until traded)/Stolarz or Lyon

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Could see them targeting Trouba based off Hextall's comments at the STH meeting

Its going to start and end with Provy.
MAYBE Sanheim plus, but the + we wont like .

Jets biggest need is top 4 LHD prospect, but also looks like that they should get a good one with their pick this year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its going to start and end with Provy.
MAYBE Sanheim plus, but the + we wont like .

Jets biggest need is top 4 LHD prospect, but also looks like that they should get a good one with their pick this year.

Would consider straight-up for Sanheim..only because we are overloaded on the Left side and Trouba is right side..and his experience would accelerate our path to contending.

Provorov would not cross my mind.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Would consider straight-up for Sanheim..only because we are overloaded on the Left side and Trouba is right side..and his experience would accelerate our path to contending.

Provorov would not cross my mind.

I wouldn't just consider Sanheim, I would pick him up at the airport and take him the MTS Center. Sadly for Wpg to accept that, Konecny/2016 1st or something more that we wouldn't do would be going with him.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I'm working off of Appleyard's post here since I agree with a lot of what he proposes.
-Let Medvedev, Manning, Gagner, White & Weal walk.
-Resign Cousins & Gudas.
-Give Alt the Manning treatment from this year.
-Send VdV to the AHL. (I would say let him be 13th man... but yeh, that aint happening!)
-Call-up Leier.
-Trade Streit after bonus paid. This may not be possible since his decline in play is obvious to any scout. If he can't be moved, then trade Schultz to open up a slot for Provorov.
-LTIR Umberger or carry him next season and give him the Vinny treatment. I don't want to carry over his money into 17-18.
-Move Raffl off of the wing and put him as center of the fourth line.
-Move Schenn to Ottawa for Hoffman who wants out of Ottawa. This allows Voracek to move back to his best position (RW) and puts Simmonds back on Couturier's line where he can add strength.
-If the money is there, sign Loui Eriksson as a second line LW.

Hoffman -- Giroux -- Voracek
Erikssson-- Couturier -- Simmonds
Laughton -- Cousins -- Read
Leier -- Raffl -- Bellemare
McDonald

Del Zotto -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Gudas
Schultz -- MacDonald
Alt

Mason
Neuvirth

This roster comes up to be in the $65 M area giving Hoffman $4.5M; Ericsson $6M; Gudas $2M and Cousins $1M. If Streit is kept, add his salary but if Schultz is dealt, his money can be subtracted which would get the Flyers near $68M.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It really depends on the NMC rules for the expansion draft, and roster spots. Keeping Umberger may mean losing Weal or Alt to waivers.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It really depends on the NMC rules for the expansion draft, and roster spots. Keeping Umberger may mean losing Weal or Alt to waivers.

It would be completely asinine if Umberger would have to be protected in an expansion draft...

Probably means the NHL will ensure that players on expiring NMC contracts will still count, though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wouldn't just consider Sanheim, I would pick him up at the airport and take him the MTS Center. Sadly for Wpg to accept that, Konecny/2016 1st or something more that we wouldn't do would be going with him.

Then I pass.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You can't use LTIR on a player like Umberger who is healthy.

We'll just see about that. He is so banged up, I believe that a case can be made that he would fit LTIR. You've seen him play this season. Is that an NHL quality player? Hardly and that's why he sits. The reason that his play has fallen off is the injuries and the surgeries.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We'll just see about that. He is so banged up, I believe that a case can be made that he would fit LTIR. You've seen him play this season. Is that an NHL quality player? Hardly and that's why he sits. The reason that his play has fallen off is the injuries and the surgeries.

You've been pushing this crap since the preseason and it's still nowhere close to being accurate. He was healthy enough to play 38 games, and he's been at every practice since Hakstol made him a healthy scratch after the game on 2/20/16. Please give me the name of another NHL player who takes a full part in every practice but is on LTIR.

A team also has to be at the cap ceiling to use LTIR, otherwise it provides no benefit to using regular IR.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You've been pushing this crap since the preseason and it's still nowhere close to being accurate. He was healthy enough to play 38 games, and he's been at every practice since Hakstol made him a healthy scratch after the game on 2/20/16.

A team also has to be at the cap ceiling to use LTIR, otherwise it provides no benefit to using regular IR.
You know, actually that's an opinion. Just like mine. Not a fact. Right?
Not playing since 2/20. Possibly injuries are part of the reason for his absence on the ice? Unless you have talked with the Flyers staff and know differently, I'd say that injuries have taken him down.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Umberger still taking a full part in practice and being available to play in games is a fact, not an opinion.

LTIR is used for players like Pronger, Horton and Franzen who can't even get on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00