You are GM please fill in the blank

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It's been very nuts this year, and the way the team is playing down the stretch is god awful.

we all know who stinks so YOU ARE GM,

give me a list of all players who you want gone, also would you trade any top teir players? also are any assistant coaches going to be on hot seat?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
streit, amac, simmonds, voracek yes i said it. Either the real jake is back next year or if its the caveman playing now he has to go.

am I forgetting anyone.

or who would you say needs to go.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
When Simmonds is on, he's a great player. When he's off, he's cringeworthy. I know Edmonton and many other teams would probably overpay for him, so I'd quietly shop him around. I don't think Giroux and Couturier are enough in the middle. They need another significant center if they are going to win anything in the future. I'd see if they'd be willing to trade a package around RNH for him.

Voracek is obviously extremely concerning, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to trade him for anything right now.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Really? Want to move Simmonds and Jake? That's ****ed up. Jake is a season removed from being one of the best wingers in the league. And Simmonds is on a sweet contract and pots in 30 goals even if most are at PP....if we're moving both of those players, we might aswell Giroux too imo.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Bobby Ryan and stamkos.

I have to conjure up a couple fantasy trades to get Ryan but I'm sure I can!

Also didn't read the OP

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
Really? Want to move Simmonds and Jake? That's ****ed up. Jake is a season removed from being one of the best wingers in the league. And Simmonds is on a sweet contract and pots in 30 goals even if most are at PP....if we're moving both of those players, we might aswell Giroux too imo.

It's not ****ed up at all.

What did LA do before their cup wins? They moved good for good

Same premise. Simmonds is lost in his own insecurity most of the time and makes more stupid and selfish plays....30 goals or not.

Sell high

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Not much. Add a 4C and sprinkle in some youth.

I hope the people that want to trade major pieces did 2 weeks ago as well.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Wouldn't resign White. Ship Vandevelde to Reading. Call up Leier and sign a good defensive Center.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Umberger, Gagner, MacDonald (Please god), and Medvedev I'm indifferent on, but I doubt he comes back. Yep that's about it.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Since he's been here, Voracek has consistently been the team's 2nd best player after Giroux. This season is concerning, but he deserves more time. Simmonds, on the other hand, has also been consistent. He's consistently good or bad. Not much in between and most of the good he does comes on the backs of Giroux and Voracek. He's highly valued around the league and he could possibly help shore up the massive hole at center. Not saying to give him away, but see if someone would overpay.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not much. Add a 4C and sprinkle in some youth.

I hope the people that want to trade major pieces did 2 weeks ago as well.

I've been on the trade Simmonds train for a while now, don't really care what he did or didn't do these last couple of weeks. I wouldn't move him for the sake of doing so but he's a guy I think is considered more valuable than he actually is. So if you can get a really good offer that can fill some holes on this club I'd definitely consider it.

Otherwise I'd just stick the course really, look to upgrade bottom 6 & shed some salary/cap space if possible with some guys who aren't really needed at this point.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Let Medvedev, Manning, Gagner, White & Weal walk.
Resign Schenn, Cousins & Gudas.
Give Alt the Manning treatment from this year.
Send VdV to the AHL. (I would say let him be 13th man... but yeh, that aint happening!)
Call-up Leier.
Call-up McDonald to be 13th man.
Trade Streit after bonus paid.
Buy-out Umberger.
Sign Brodziak.

Voracek -- Giroux -- Simmonds
Raffl -- Couturier -- Schenn
Laughton -- Cousins -- Read
Leier -- Brodziak -- Bellemare
McDonald

Del Zotto -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Gudas
Schultz -- MacDonald
Alt

Mason
Neuvirth

Then let our prospects mature.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Obvious stuff is let Gagner and Medvedev walk and buyout Umberger.

I've accepted that MacDonald ain't going anywhere.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Send VdV to the AHL. (I would say let him be 13th man... but yeh, that aint happening!)
Call-up Leier.
Buy-out Umberger.
Sign Brodziak.

McDonald

Provorov -- Gudas
Schultz -- MacDonald
Alt

Mason
Neuvirth

godam im all aboard on this..

get it done Hexy...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've been on the trade Simmonds train for a while now, don't really care what he did or didn't do these last couple of weeks. I wouldn't move him for the sake of doing so but he's a guy I think is considered more valuable than he actually is. So if you can get a really good offer that can fill some holes on this club I'd definitely consider it.

Otherwise I'd just stick the course really, look to upgrade bottom 6 & shed some salary/cap space if possible with some guys who aren't really needed at this point.

Makes total sense. I am far from the biggest Simmonds fan myself. He falls into the category for me of give me an offer, but honestly I would listen on everyone.

The only thing I want to avoid is a bad 2 week stretch changing anyone's mind about a big piece for the obvious reasons. The guys you look at and say they have to go if we can are the MacDonald/Umberger types no one would take anyway. It's the ones that are begging to give Voracek away right now or attach Simmonds to AMac for a moderate return in particular that drive me nuts.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Call-up Leier.
Buy-out Umberger.
Sign Brodziak.

McDonald

Provorov -- Gudas
Schultz -- MacDonald
Alt

Mason
Neuvirth

Really like this. Would love to dump Read tho and add maybe a speedster like Helm, but otherwise looks great.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Makes total sense. I am far from the biggest Simmonds fan myself. He falls into the category for me of give me an offer, but honestly I would listen on everyone.

The only thing I want to avoid is a bad 2 week stretch changing anyone's mind about a big piece for the obvious reasons. The guys you look at and say they have to go if we can are the MacDonald/Umberger types no one would take anyway. It's the ones that are begging to give Voracek away right now or attach Simmonds to AMac for a moderate return in particular that drive me nuts.

Some are getting crazy with Voracek right now. He's been brutal recently whether hurt or not that I cannot deny but the whole we got to trade him or hopefully he gets plucked in the expansion draft crowd is pretty crazy. He's built up too much good over the years to ignore for me. He's had a rough year but I'm not giving up on him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just a few weeks ago I think he got 100% support as a player we should protect in that expansion draft poll.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Some are getting crazy with Voracek right now. He's been brutal recently whether hurt or not that I cannot deny but the whole we got to trade him or hopefully he gets plucked in the expansion draft crowd is pretty crazy. He's built up too much good over the years to ignore for me. He's had a rough year but I'm not giving up on him.

He's healthy next year and we are A fringe playoff team and he has 65 pts, you can't tell me the thought wouldn't cross your mind. 8.2 mill is the number absolute elite players that can run their own line earn .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad