Pre-Game Talk: Yotes vs Jets - Tuesday Nov 14 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
should be copp coming out of lineup when perreault gets back in. its between him and armia and maybe mathias but I doubt mathias gets pulled. like babs says tie goes to the veteran.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
When people talk about Hawerchuk's prolific scoring don't forget he was no spoiled superstar only playing one-way. he scored a ton of points on turnovers that was him busting it back to help out. Huge respect for the kid when he was lighting it up and playing both ends of the ice.

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba
Maybe. Puck Stoppa noted in the Helle thread that Mo might do just this, and play Mase against Philly.. so we'll have to see what the rotation is after that.

Listening to his interview today though made me think that he has Helle as his #1 right now and will play him in longer stretches. He referenced Helle's "body of work" as justification for his start, making me think that he's chalking it up to cumulative season averages and not a more intuitive game to game response. For example, if Helle loses tomorrow and puts up numbers in the .875 range, he'll still have better overall "body of work" than Mason for the season and would deserve the start against Philly by Mo's logic.

He also said that Mason's win last night after a long break from his last win means that "now the door is open" to playing him more. Really? :shakehead

My fear is that he's going to run Helle into some regulation and OT losses that we could avoid, while also keeping Mason cold enough to not fully break out of his slump (which he was on his way to doing). If Helle puts up a solid win tomorrow that will at least be a good sign that he's able to bounce back to form quickly.
I definitely didn't get that idea. I think you are making a bit to big of a leap as to what "body of work" means in this case. Is he talking about the season? Or the past 4-5 games? Last week? Including practices? I don't think Maurice is going to consider Hellebuyck red-hot and worth riding until his save percentage drops below league average. And in terms of Mason having the door open, I don't really understand what you are shaking your head about?

What I found important about what Maurice said about goaltending was that this was one of our two heaviest parts of the schedule, and that he seemed to think both goalies would have to be (and are) ready to go.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
**************************EXTRA EXTRA*****GUESTAPPEARANCE BY HOCKEY PROFESSOR**EXTRA EXTRA**************EXTR

BENCH THE BUFF, GET RID OF IT. NO MORE ICETIME FOR SUCH, LITTLE TO FOURTH LINE.TRY TO TRADE ,BUY OUT. TRY TO GET LEO KOMAROV OF TORONTO. LAINE TO FIRST LINE, O´CONNOR TO THIRD,FOURTH LINE, ARMIA MUST PLAY TOP SIX ROLE. THIS HAS BECOME RIDICULOUS. BOY WILL NOT WRITE ANOTHER YEAR HERE. 1ST ROUND PICK NEVER GOTTED TO PLAY HERE. HE CARRYING THE LOWER LINES AS ONEMANARMIA, RAMBO SORT OF. WITH VERY VERY LIMITED ICETIME WITH POOR PLAYERS. BAD. WINNIPEG ORGANISATION IS NOT GOOD ORGANISATION. LAINE TO FIRST LINE AND MORE ICETIME. PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY ARMIA TOP SIX..MORE ICETIME MORE ICETIME. GIVE HIM O´CONNORS ROLE OR OTHER TOP SIX. ARMIA CAN PLAY CENTER.

IT IS SO LAUGHABLE THAT BUFF IS THE PLAYMAKER IN THE PP FOR EXAMPLE. THIS IS SO #¤&#%/#%/!!! ARMIA CAN DO THAT. HE HAS HANDS,VISION,HE CAN DEFEND. HE IS SMARTER AND FASTER THAN BUFF. WINNIPEG YOU WILL NOT WAKE UP WITH THIS ORGANISATION. YOU HAVE SHOWED YOUR FACE. IT IS NOT PRETTY OR RIGHT. IT IS SO WRONG AND UGLY. WEVE SEEN ENOUGH

avgard professor oh hockey

********EXTRA EXTRA GUESTAPPEARANCE BY HOCKEY PROFESSOR EXTRA EXTRA*************EXTRA EXTRA***************

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
**************************EXTRA EXTRA*****GUESTAPPEARANCE BY HOCKEY PROFESSOR**EXTRA EXTRA**************EXTR

BENCH THE BUFF, GET RID OF IT. NO MORE ICETIME FOR SUCH, LITTLE TO FOURTH LINE.TRY TO TRADE ,BUY OUT. TRY TO GET LEO KOMAROV OF TORONTO. LAINE TO FIRST LINE, O´CONNOR TO THIRD,FOURTH LINE, ARMIA MUST PLAY TOP SIX ROLE. THIS HAS BECOME RIDICULOUS. BOY WILL NOT WRITE ANOTHER YEAR HERE. 1ST ROUND PICK NEVER GOTTED TO PLAY HERE. HE CARRYING THE LOWER LINES AS ONEMANARMIA, RAMBO SORT OF. WITH VERY VERY LIMITED ICETIME WITH POOR PLAYERS. BAD. WINNIPEG ORGANISATION IS NOT GOOD ORGANISATION. LAINE TO FIRST LINE AND MORE ICETIME. PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY ARMIA TOP SIX..MORE ICETIME MORE ICETIME. GIVE HIM O´CONNORS ROLE OR OTHER TOP SIX. ARMIA CAN PLAY CENTER.

IT IS SO LAUGHABLE THAT BUFF IS THE PLAYMAKER IN THE PP FOR EXAMPLE. THIS IS SO #¤&#%/#%/!!! ARMIA CAN DO THAT. HE HAS HANDS,VISION,HE CAN DEFEND. HE IS SMARTER AND FASTER THAN BUFF. WINNIPEG YOU WILL NOT WAKE UP WITH THIS ORGANISATION. YOU HAVE SHOWED YOUR FACE. IT IS NOT PRETTY OR RIGHT. IT IS SO WRONG AND UGLY. WEVE SEEN ENOUGH

********EXTRA EXTRA GUESTAPPEARANCE BY HOCKEY PROFESSOR EXTRA EXTRA*************EXTRA EXTRA***************

I missed you man. We've been lost without your guidance.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg

I have always been intrigued by the notion of having OneManArmia switch to center of the 3rd line. This would, of course, push Lowry down to the 4th.

My preference is to keep "O' Connor" on the 1st line though. I think he's killing it.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Hendricks isn't going anywhere, he was signed for some mythological pk ability and he'll stay barring an injury.
the hilarious thing is on the pk he is so gassed after the first 20 seconds that he just stands still and gets lucky blocking the shot a few times.. when those get thru hes gonna cause alot more goals against then he will prevent.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Don't forget that Armia is also a penalty killer and on the power play. Can't pp is also on the pp. I don't know there's no arguing with Mo. but the thing he said that was a must for the bottom 6 was scoring goals something Copp and Armia have both done more than Hendricks or Matias. Even Tanev has more goals than those 2. It's not like A Dano or a Copp where there is no goals and Pk play.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

So what do you think of Byfuglien?
Your post was obtuse :naughty:

Reactions: ocdaddy

Flair Hay

Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Still not hating Hendricks even though everyone else is

When Perreault is back, I'd day Lowry and Armia makes the most sense for linemates. Good chance everyone's second favourite Tanev stays there though.

Regardless of whether we win or lose I am only interested in if we win the corsi battle.

Just kidding.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015

Like a Finnish Don Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad