Pre-Game Talk: Yotes vs Jets - Tuesday Nov 14 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Who would you have sat Copp or Matthias? They were occupying the LW slots. I think it's unrealistic.
Would have sat Hendricks and moved Copp to C the 4th. Any combination of Tanev-Armia-Matthias-Lemieux would have suited me better.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
??? I'd rather they control play then chase the game trying to throw hits.
even at the best of times you don't have the puck almost half the game. copp needs to be harder on the body if he is to be a regular on a 4th line.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would have sat Hendricks and moved Copp to C the 4th. Any combination of Tanev-Armia-Matthias-Lemieux would have suited me better.

It was pretty obvious Lemieux was getting sent back to the Moose. It probably would have happened sooner if the Moose weren't in California. I have no problem with Maurice going with the players who are going to be team members going forward

Also if they do what you say maybe the Jets don't win since the Hendricks goal doesn't happen

Reactions: ocdaddy

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sounds like Perreault may miss one more game. And a chance Dano gets back in the lineup

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It's the coach's job to have the team ready. If we come out flat against the Yotes again, this time at home, Maurice needs to receive a major penalty from Chevy. Last one against Arizona, we won ugly. That was great. But this one at home, we need to play 60 minutes and win pretty. Having said that, I have a weird feeling about this game. A queasy feeling. But don't worry, I'm pretty much wrong about everything. Except Corsi, I am right about that.

Screw the Corsi, Win the Scorsi!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice practice scrum topics: Status of Perreault/sending Lemieux to Moose. Status of Tyler Myers. Thoughts on Brendan Lemieux's seven games in the NHL. What did Myers tweak? Dale Hawerchuk thoughts as #10 goes into the Jets Hall of Fame. Transitioning games from Vegas to Glendale. Plan for the goalies? How prepared does he feel for the remainder of the schedule for this month?

To listen click here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm really looking forward to Hawerchuck's induction to the Jets HoF.

DOhHcVjUQAAftb-.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
For a guy who doesn't like to change much if anything when the team is winning, this is somewhat baffling. There's a good chance Helle will play well against them, but I would have rather they saved him for NJ next weekend.

Probably a rotation for a while now

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It should be Hendricks coming out of the line-up... Matthias is the second choice.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler (the "anti-Corsi" line)
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Copp-Tanev

I'd like them to try this for just a bit...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Copp-Laine
Perreault-Little-Armia
Matthias-Lowry-Tanev

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Probably a rotation for a while now

Maybe. Puck Stoppa noted in the Helle thread that Mo might do just this, and play Mase against Philly.. so we'll have to see what the rotation is after that.

Listening to his interview today though made me think that he has Helle as his #1 right now and will play him in longer stretches. He referenced Helle's "body of work" as justification for his start, making me think that he's chalking it up to cumulative season averages and not a more intuitive game to game response. For example, if Helle loses tomorrow and puts up numbers in the .875 range, he'll still have better overall "body of work" than Mason for the season and would deserve the start against Philly by Mo's logic.

He also said that Mason's win last night after a long break from his last win means that "now the door is open" to playing him more. Really? :shakehead

My fear is that he's going to run Helle into some regulation and OT losses that we could avoid, while also keeping Mason cold enough to not fully break out of his slump (which he was on his way to doing). If Helle puts up a solid win tomorrow that will at least be a good sign that he's able to bounce back to form quickly.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It was pretty obvious Lemieux was getting sent back to the Moose. It probably would have happened sooner if the Moose weren't in California. I have no problem with Maurice going with the players who are going to be team members going forward

Also if they do what you say maybe the Jets don't win since the Hendricks goal doesn't happen

Very obvious he was being sent back, it's the right decision. I'd of preferred to see more Lemieux based on his play, and being a developing long term player, as opposed to Hendricks, who isn't.

Yeah, I guess in hindsight Hendricks was the right call, Maurice is clearly clairvoyant.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I haven't heard news that MP was activated from IR so I guess that means we currently have only 22 on the active roster.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
My first ever 2.0 game in 2011, I walked into the MTS Centre, scanned my ticket, and was standing right behind Dale Hawerchuk.

I was like "yeah, the Jets are back" haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad