Pre-Game Talk: Yotes vs Jets - Tuesday Nov 14 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Henricks has been one of our most important players. We started winning when he joined the lineup. He is absolutely been
one of the most important players on the team so far.

PoMo weighs in!

I'm hoping to see an actual game plan executed, hopefully one that involves pressure on the forecheck and back-check, making one or more pass in succession, clearing the d-zone in the first few attempts without resorting to flipping it high down the middle for an instant turnover, and skating the puck over the blue line with possession now and then. Basically, I want the team to go under hypnosis in order to implant the idea that every team they play is Dallas and every game consists of the first ten minutes of the first period, exclusively.

Failing that, a convincing Jets 2.0 victory with no injuries would be fantastic.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Henricks has been one of our most important players. We started winning when he joined the lineup. He is absolutely been
one of the most important players on the team so far.
he has done a tad more than zilch.... a useless signing camouflaged as depth

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
so TOmmorow there is a HUGE game as of happening. will laine still get a goal for 6th game in row despite playing in fantasy respiration still and all? will..i Think he should stop that beerd..i Think he looks like zz top. not fitting on his icepresense. THIS of course only a personal comment

i hate this that laine playing with bad Little and nonpassing Ehlers. sorry danish dudes but Ehlers is not good. he can skate but him having a good shot is not true. or passing skills. he has speed and that+s it. there is so much to say so i dont say much here in flashvisit. saying just more about Little that yeah, he IS loosing all battles for puck, he cant pass a single puck, he cant shoot etc etc etc. . yet again...armia here even would be paradise. but in Winnipeg hockeyworld player that has signed for BIG Money is Always playd with huge amount of icetime. we Believe in buff and Little they say. i dont, and im a hockeyprofessor. i have seen and see all this shit going on at the ice and ..it is so easy for me. yeah. believers and decisionsmakers there only BIGmoney owners and dealers. not for success , not here at least. for Entertainment? not even that. buy out the buff and Little !!!

i feel rambling out here anything not Worth a penny, maybe if sitting in Winnipegs David Letterman´s sofa and speaking of truth then might get heared BIG time of Course

avgard professor of hockey

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Winnipeg sports in general falls FLAT on their faces when presented with any kind of important game.
First Moose game
First Jets 2.0
First Bomber game in new stadium
Heritage classic and on and on.

For this reason Ducky's Induction night scares the crap out of me.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
I was mentioned that the Coyotes were missing some dmen last game I wonder if that is still the case.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
I definitely didn't get that idea. I think you are making a bit to big of a leap as to what "body of work" means in this case. Is he talking about the season? Or the past 4-5 games? Last week? Including practices? I don't think Maurice is going to consider Hellebuyck red-hot and worth riding until his save percentage drops below league average. And in terms of Mason having the door open, I don't really understand what you are shaking your head about?

What I found important about what Maurice said about goaltending was that this was one of our two heaviest parts of the schedule, and that he seemed to think both goalies would have to be (and are) ready to go.

What I was shaking my head about was that Maurice's comment implied that before the win the door was "closed" for more regular play. That kind of thinking would be detrimental to the team and is not consistent with a fair evaluation of Mason's play.

As for the rest... I might be showing my bias against Maurice a bit, but what good does it do (short term or long term) to start Helle tomorrow unless you plan to run him for disproportionately longer stretches of games?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
so TOmmorow there is a HUGE game as of happening. will laine still get a goal for 6th game in row despite playing in fantasy respiration still and all? will..i Think he should stop that beerd..i Think he looks like zz top. not fitting on his icepresense. THIS of course only a personal comment

i hate this that laine playing with bad Little and nonpassing Ehlers. sorry danish dudes but Ehlers is not good. he can skate but him having a good shot is not true. or passing skills. he has speed and that+s it. there is so much to say so i dont say much here in flashvisit. saying just more about Little that yeah, he IS loosing all battles for puck, he cant pass a single puck, he cant shoot etc etc etc. . yet again...armia here even would be paradise. but in Winnipeg hockeyworld player that has signed for BIG Money is Always playd with huge amount of icetime. we Believe in buff and Little they say. i dont, and im a hockeyprofessor. i have seen and see all this **** going on at the ice and ..it is so easy for me. yeah. believers and decisionsmakers there only BIGmoney owners and dealers. not for success , not here at least. for Entertainment? not even that. buy out the buff and Little !!!

i feel rambling out here anything not Worth a penny, maybe if sitting in Winnipegs David Letterman´s sofa and speaking of truth then might get heared BIG time of Course

avgard professor of hockey
Ass. Professor of hockey B.S.
In Gotchyagood,Finland

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
What I was shaking my head about was that Maurice's comment implied that before the win the door was "closed" for more regular play. That kind of thinking would be detrimental to the team and is not consistent with a fair evaluation of Mason's play.

As for the rest... I might be showing my bias against Maurice a bit, but what good does it do (short term or long term) to start Helle tomorrow unless you plan to run him for disproportionately longer stretches of games?

Because they plan to let Mason play against his old team Thursday?

I hope Mason can be great but seriously that last game shouldn't have only been 1 goal against.
Mason was badly out of position on many occasions.
Like there's a mini slip-and-slide in his crease.

I don't think he looked quite that bad (in that regard) in his previous start.
Can we get Hellebuyck's coach to work with Mason ;)

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
LOL! There were a couple Dano family members who always promoted him but they gave up when they to realized how crappy he really is!
Sip he is better than...
Hendricks, Matthias, Tanev, Copp and at least offensively Armia
I’d rank them in usefulness
Dano
Armia
Tanev
Copp
Matthias
Hendricks

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba

Hmm.. Do you think that Mason should have had regular starts when Hellebuyck was playing so damn well? I have to admit, I am not a ride-the-hot-hand-until-he-stumbles kind of guy, so I would tend to agree, but I definitely don't feel knowledgeable enough about it to start calling out the coach. You DEFINITELY have more experience than me, so if you feel comfortable making judgements, more power to you :laugh:. I will say in this case our schedule did lean strongly towards riding the hot hand.

Anyways, what good does it do? I'm a little confused by that. Well, what bad does it do? I don't think it will impact anyone's development in any way, I don't think anyone is going to get mad about it in anyway, and I don't think we are remotely close enough to predicting which goalie is going to over perform or under perform their average on any given night to say that it does the team good/bad. I'm actually genuinely curious, what bad do you think it can do to start Helly tomorrow?

I would consider Hellebuyck our starter right now. I think it would be hard to not consider him our starter. But even if they were 1A and 1B right now, that would suggest 50/50 split of playing time. Well, Hellebuyck has had more rest since last playing, so why not play him next? I would think the default choice, as long as Mason is not our starter, is to put Hellebuyck in net.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Sip he is better than...
Hendricks, Matthias, Tanev, Copp and at least offensively Armia
I’d rank them in usefulness
Dano
Armia
Tanev
Copp
Matthias
Hendricks

I don't know.
When is the last time on the ice that Dano proved that?
In a Jets uniform I've never seen him play as well as Armia (when Armia has been on).
Copp has had way more flashes of strong play (with us) and is much faster then Dano.
In the short term this season Tanev has looked more effective than Dano.

I'll give you Hendricks but Mo loves him so that is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad