GDT: Yotes VS Bolts @ 4:30 AZ Time

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Plus, every day that Miele is 'up' in the NHL, he's making $3,461. He's made almost 7 grand since yesterday.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
From what little I've seen of Gormley, I'd say he's a much closer stylistic match to OEL than Yandle, though I'm not expecting nearly the same level of play.
Yeah I think you're probably right, I know he's more of a 2-way guy like OEL, I was trying to insinuate that his talent level is more at Yandle level. To be fair that is still an insanely level but I think most of use would agree OEL is in a league of his own.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I think you're probably right, I know he's more of a 2-way guy like OEL, I was trying to insinuate that his talent level is more at Yandle level. To be fair that is still an insanely level but I think most of use would agree OEL is in a league of his own.

Gotcha. I just figured a less offensive, more defensive Yandle isn't really a Yandle at all.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Gotcha. I just figured a less offensive, more defensive Yandle isn't really a Yandle at all.

True that, and Yandle does lead our team in scoring. Only Karrlson and Subban lead their teams in scoring for D besides Yandle. Karrlson is -13, not so good either. With better forwards, Yandle would not have to jump in the play as much or with Z as his partner versus Morris, the +/_ would come down. D like Yandle are rare, don't want to trade him...

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
let's not forget that even though Yandle may be a minus 18, he's also got about 25 PP points this season

Yeah, Yandle has been pretty instrumental in our PP success this season. He has 2X as many PP assists as the 2nd highest guy on our team (Ribs, OEL) in that category. He should be setting new career highs at the end of it all.

Find him a steadier defensive partner this offseason and I'm sure that +/- will go back to positive.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Same. Is Morris scratched or injured? He took a pretty good hit from Ovie last game.

I was about to ask the same question myself honestly, I didn't notice if Morris wasn't on the ice at the end of the game, because I was at the viewing party at a bar next to my house.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
2 OELs? Yes, please!
No, no, I see no way Gormley reaches OEL levels. He should be very good but OEL has a chance to be generational. He's not there yet but if he can keep improving, he will be!
haha ok in hindsight you're right, I didn't phrase it very well. I'm going to give it another shot...

Gormley will hopefully reach Yandle talent level but instead of uber offense, he will play a strong 2 way game that leans more towards defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad