3rd Period Action
Well.....

picture.php

Last edited:

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
I'll be at the game! First time I've seen the Coyotes in-person in 4 years! Please don't **** the bed tonight! Excited I will see Gormley's first game live!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Tentative lines for tonight via Sarah McLellan:

Boedker-Vermette-Moss
Erat-Miele-Vrbata
McMillan-Ribeiro-Doan
Korpikoski-Chipchura-Halpern

Ekman-Larsson-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Gormley-Summers

Smith

Schlemko was sent home. Bone bruise not healing as fast as expected. Morris and Hanzal both skated this morning but also still out.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Enjoy the game Blubba! Excited to see Gormley in action. Forgot that ET is now +3 of us, I'm going to miss the first period.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Well the game should be exciting to see the kids playing at the very least.

Man who made that amazing bus metaphor a couple months ago? I'd love to re-read it.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Tentative lines for tonight via Sarah McLellan:

Boedker-Vermette-Moss
Erat-Miele-Vrbata
McMillan-Ribeiro-Doan
Korpikoski-Chipchura-Halpern

Ekman-Larsson-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Gormley-Summers

Smith

Schlemko was sent home. Bone bruise not healing as fast as expected. Morris and Hanzal both skated this morning but also still out.

Wish we could swap Moss and Korpi in that lineup, but it doesn't look half bad.

I drank way too much last night and am feeling it today, so I may have to... ... watch a game sober...

Blasphemy!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
With Yandle in the linup Tippet should really consider using a 3 - defensmen, 1- center, 1- forward shift. Yandle scares me when he is on the ice. :laugh:

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
With Yandle in the linup Tippet should really consider using a 3 - defensmen, 1- center, 1- forward shift. Yandle scares me when he is on the ice. :laugh:

Defense men should defend first and score second...Yandle has that the other way around. I would prefer offense come from the forwards. And with depth at D the Coyotes have I would prefer Yandle to either play more defensively or be traded for an elite forward.

starman

howling for Utah
I actually get to watch a game at a semi-civilized hour tonight! Thanks to the US timechange and the fact that we don't change until the end of the month, the game starts at 11:30 pm in the UK, and I don't have to go to bed early and get up in the middle of the night. It'll be great to get my first glimpse of Gormley, and I'm also excited for Andy Miele, and look forward to seeing him center one of the top lines with two bonafide players on his wings. Are you streaming tonight Tina?

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I actually get to watch a game at a semi-civilized hour tonight! Thanks to the US timechange and the fact that we don't change until the end of the month, the game starts at 11:30 pm in the UK, and I don't have to go to bed early and get up in the middle of the night. It'll be great to get my first glimpse of Gormley, and I'm also excited for Andy Miele, and look forward to seeing him center one of the top lines with two bonafide players on his wings. Are you streaming tonight Tina?

Will it be worse when the games are played in AZ?

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Well the game should be exciting to see the kids playing at the very least.

Man who made that amazing bus metaphor a couple months ago? I'd love to re-read it.

A moment of terrible, terrible clarity:

"The Coyotes team bus is stuck in the mud, Vermette, Boedker, Klinkhammer, and Korpikoski are putting their shoulders into the pushing, Hanzal, Vrbata, Yandle, and Smith are distracted by trying to catch a different bus, Ribeiro and Halpern are just sitting in passenger seats, the GM has run off to beg for gas money, Tippet's behind the wheel trying to figure out why spinning the wheels isn't taking them anywhere, Chipchura and Moss are pushing in a different direction, Doan is laying under the bus yelling at everybody to put their backs into it, Biz is live streaming the whole thing, Murphy, Stone, Schlemko, and Klesla still think they're on an AHL Bus, Rundblad is desperately trying to work the emergency exit but it looks like Turris, Mueller, and Wheeler broke the handle off."

At least Maloney got the handle fixed...

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looking forward to seeing the Coyotes once again doing their best impression of the Sharks in the 3rd period but not before Mike Smith does his best impression of LA. :facepalm:

Gonna need something strong and quick for this one and some Colt 45 Blast will do or something malt liquor for that matter.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Defense men should defend first and score second...Yandle has that the other way around. I would prefer offense come from the forwards. And with depth at D the Coyotes have I would prefer Yandle to either play more defensively or be traded for an elite forward.

Not according to the Tippet playbook

Defense on the attach and the Forwards defending...

we need to get better forwards that can defend...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Excited to see Gormley, he's supposed to be the next big thing here so I hope those expectations don't wear on him too much. I know he's not OEL level but my expectations are less offensive but more defensive Yandle which is a lot!!

As for Miele, I'm really pulling for the guy. He's getting to that age where he's teetering on making the NHL and being an AHL lifer. To be fair, I think most of us would agree being a star in the AHL would still be an awesome gig!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Excited to see Gormley, he's supposed to be the next big thing here so I hope those expectations don't wear on him too much. I know he's not OEL level but my expectations are less offensive but more defensive Yandle which is a lot!!

As for Miele, I'm really pulling for the guy. He's getting to that age where he's teetering on making the NHL and being an AHL lifer. To be fair, I think most of us would agree being a star in the AHL would still be an awesome gig!

Not too awesome for his bank account. I hope he makes it.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002

From what little I've seen of Gormley, I'd say he's a much closer stylistic match to OEL than Yandle, though I'm not expecting nearly the same level of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad