GDT: yotes v rags

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Intermission talk ...

Google Search said:
Madison Square Garden's $1 billion second renovation took place mainly over three offseasons. It was set to begin after the 2009–10 hockey/basketball seasons, but was delayed until after the 2010–11 seasons.
Wikipedia said:
The Jobing.com Arena (formerly Glendale Arena) is a sports and entertainment arena in Glendale, Arizona. It is located 12½ miles northwest of downtown Phoenix. Completed in 2003 at a construction cost of $220 million...
How are these two numbers possible?

Why is renovating their building 4x more expensive than building ours?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Intermission talk ...

Never been to New York but I think there are subway lines and a major station below MSG.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Intermission talk ...

Location, location, location? Glendale vs Manhattan? Probably had to hire union workers exclusively? My best guesses.

I'd imagine it is much easier to start from scratch instead of ripping things out and then rebuilding while not having the whole building fall down. And still be able to use it during the remodel.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
sllmapb1.eb4.png

Tyson has a little Tyson under his arm.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Is that from today? Does he travel around with his bobble head for good luck or something?
From the second intermission report. It was the feed on a screen in the background, but it lined up perfectly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad