Post-Game Talk: Yotes 0 @ Nucks 5 | Salo.... errrr Weber edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
after last night's game, who here is now even more upset we could very well lose weber because of the **** sbisa and dorsett contracts?

ugh, just hearing eddie talk about how hard weber's shot is made it sting even more.

Maybe worry about it when it happens.

Rosko Thorn

Jul 4, 2009
Sudbury, ON
I think Weber's future here was decided when we traded Forsling for Clendening.

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Clendening

Clendening will require waivers next year so I think he's gonna stick.

I don't think Weber will want to stay in town as a 7-8 Dman.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Clendening

Will Corrado require waivers next season? If not, Clendening can be our #7. Doubt Stanton won't get offers to be in a bottom pairing somewhere.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Maybe worry about it when it happens.

Those contracts wouldn't be the reason anyway (and I don't like them, obviously, as I've made clear). Clendening has to be on the roster next year and I don't see them sitting him in the press box for maybe 70 games, as Willie doesn't play depth defensemen unless there's an injury.

If the team wants to keep Weber, it's really a matter of whether they're willing to move Bieksa out to make room for him. That would allow Weber to play on the 2nd pairing with Hamhuis and Clendening/Corrado to fight out/share the right side spot with Sbisa on the third pairing.

That would be my preference, as Weber has proven himself to be a capable #4 IMO. Some may disagree. I've been high on Weber since he was acquired, so I may be a bit biased :D

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Those contracts wouldn't be the reason anyway (and I don't like them, obviously, as I've made clear). Clendening has to be on the roster next year and I don't see them sitting him in the press box for maybe 70 games, as Willie doesn't play depth defensemen unless there's an injury.

If the team wants to keep Weber, it's really a matter of whether they're willing to move Bieksa out to make room for him. That would allow Weber to play on the 2nd pairing with Hamhuis and Clendening/Corrado to fight out/share the right side spot with Sbisa on the third pairing.

That would be my preference, as Weber has proven himself to be a capable #4 IMO. Some may disagree. I've been high on Weber since he was acquired, so I may be a bit biased :D

I've come around on Weber this season. I hope they hang onto him but at the very least some other team should have noticed how far he has come and give up something decent for him. RFA... right?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Clendening

I'm hoping we trade Weber while his value is high. We need some more picks this year and I think a team will give up something solid for him.

just22

Aug 2, 2009

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Clendening

Or just sign Weber and have Clendening as our #7? We all know we're going to run into injuries on our defense, that much is guaranteed.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I've come around on Weber this season. I hope they hang onto him but at the very least some other team should have noticed how far he has come and give up something decent for him. RFA... right?

RFA with arbitration rights. I imagine he probably gets 2-2.5 a year.

Definitely have to keep his rights -- I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad