Post-Game Talk: Yotes 0 @ Nucks 5 | Salo.... errrr Weber edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
How many first star selections has Eddie had since Miller went down? Or any star selections? For a while it seemed like he was a star every night, and even now he gets them often.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
How many first star selections has Eddie had since Miller went down? Or any star selections? For a while it seemed like he was a star every night, and even now he gets them often.

From the Provies

COLxCXG.png

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
**** that we are still playing for home ice Saturday.

So put some pressure on Millers shoulders. He's a 6 million dollar vet and should be able to handle it.

I'm am all for Lack as our go to guy for the foreseeable future; but if we can't be confident with Miller in net, even for his first game back from injury, to clinch us home ice advantage against the Oilers then I say screw home ice advantage. If Miller blows it, it will only lengthen the leash Lack will be on going into the playoffs.

And God forbid Lack gets injured (or suffers cramps ;)). Do you really want Miller going in stone cold?

In the big scheme of things, home ice takes a back seat to resting Lack/unrusting Miller.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
So put some pressure on Millers shoulders. He's a 6 million dollar vet and should be able to handle it.

I'm am all for Lack as our go to guy for the foreseeable future; but if we can't be confident with Miller in net, even for his first game back from injury, to clinch us home ice advantage against the Oilers then I say screw home ice advantage. If Miller blows it, it will only lengthen the leash Lack will be on going into the playoffs.

And God forbid Lack gets injured (or suffers cramps ;)). Do you really want Miller going in stone cold?

In the big scheme of things, home ice takes a back seat to resting Lack/unrusting Miller.

Great analysis. If miller lets in 1 bad goal its lack all the way in my mind

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
Henrik mentioned he had been asking for Weber to be on the powerplay for awhile now...

Seriously?! How was he not put out there already... Playing favourites with guys like Sbisa over Weber and Stanton is so foolish..

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Henrik mentioned he had been asking for Weber to be on the powerplay for awhile now...

Seriously?! How was he not put out there already... Playing favourites with guys like Sbisa over Weber and Stanton is so foolish..

Ummm, Sbisa has never be on the first unit.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
thanks for the update guys. I can't remember ever having 3 prospects on the team with so much promise at once... course I wasn't watching back when Sedins were considered prospects.

I am pretty high on Kenins, and even more so on Baertschi and Horvat.

The first 2 or 3 years these boards were full of "trade the sedins for a bag of pucks". I think their break out year was when they played with Carter. If he hadn't gotten greedy he might have played with them for years ...

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Watch Benning play hardball instead of just accepting his QO.

???

If Benning makes the QO to Weber then Benning has no choice to accept it if Weber says yes.

The only hardball to play is no giving a qualifying offer and that would be complete incompetence.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
???

If Benning makes the QO to Weber then Benning has no choice to accept it if Weber says yes.

The only hardball to play is no giving a qualifying offer and that would be complete incompetence.

Should've worded it better and used "offering his QO". :laugh:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Henrik politely running down the decision by three straight coaches to play Edler on the point of PP 1 was hysterical and very Sedin-y. Love these guys.

Maybe they can be co-head-coaches of the Canucks when they retire :D

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Henrik politely running down the decision by three straight coaches to play Edler on the point of PP 1 was hysterical and very Sedin-y. Love these guys.

Maybe they can be co-head-coaches of the Canucks when they retire :D

The thing with Edler is that he's much more of a complementary PP QB (because, well, nobody other than Henrik will ever run that unit) than he is a shooter and he's absolutely horrible when he has to do both. His passing yesterday was excellent.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Great to have Edler's offence back. Just in time for the playoffs.
The guy's confidence must have really been killed last year. Defence has been solid all year but that passing just hasn't been there. We'll need it if we want to do anything in the playoffs.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The thing with Edler is that he's much more of a complementary PP QB (because, well, nobody other than Henrik will ever run that unit) than he is a shooter and he's absolutely horrible when he has to do both. His passing yesterday was excellent.

Yup. His zone entries are good and he's fine as the 2nd D on the PP, but he's awful at the point. He has no one timer (inexplicably bad for some reason) and is very slow to make decisions at that spot.

It's just weird that he's always there, year after year, even when the Sedins lobby for a change. Weber is dynamic there.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
after last night's game, who here is now even more upset we could very well lose weber because of the **** sbisa and dorsett contracts?

ugh, just hearing eddie talk about how hard weber's shot is made it sting even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad