Post-Game Talk: Yotes 0 @ Nucks 5 | Salo.... errrr Weber edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Some Sittler?

It would take twice a full Sittler to accomplish that.

bttw- where's Y2K been lately? :sarcasm:

Hmmmm pretty sure no one is going to do a double Sittler ... I remember watching that game when he got 10 pts ... it was against Boston lol.

And I should message Chris (Y2K); he and I have had more than a few discussions about the Sedins.

Speaking of which, has anyone suggested another HF boards hockey game recently? He missed the last one.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Off topic, Jiri Hudler will likely be the NHL leader in ES points.

That top line is scary fast, and scary good.

We gotta find a way to keep them to the outside and shut them down.

It's going to be one heck of a fun first round.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Had to miss the game tonight - can anyone tell me how Kenins and Baertschi played tonight? See Kenins got a goal so that's great - how were their overall games?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Had to miss the game tonight - can anyone tell me how Kenins and Baertschi played tonight? See Kenins got a goal so that's great - how were their overall games?

Both played a lot better than last game, much more consistent. Baertschi had a rough ending last time out, but overall played a solid game tonight. Had a couple scoring chances, and was passing the puck well and seeing the ice much better. Kenins wasn't overly physical, but didn't turn the puck over much, and was flying with horvat and Hansen.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van

Kenins had a lot of jump tonight and that line was flying. He's more creative than I remembered from my previous time seeing him. They are not airtight defensively though, I think they are giving Willie more grey hairs but they didn't get burned obviously.

Baertschi tried some things like a nice drag move in the slot but otherwise was not creating and that whole line had a hard time getting the puck out. They were not good as a trio. I am not one to join the herd in groupthink but Linden Vey was really getting on my nerves, he looks tight and reacts slowly - it's a case of being in his head too much. He was not getting it done at all.

linden79

May 13, 2011

Kenins looked like he was back to his old self. That line was excellent except for a couple shifts where they were hemmed in the D zone. He needs to work on board battles, I noticed a few times where he was unable to come away with the puck on the walls.

I thought Baertschi looked good as well. He was playing with Dorsett and Vey, and they had several shifts where they maintained O zone possession, and had a few scoring chances off the rush. I also noticed he did some decent backchecking and wall battling. You wouldn't think this was a guy with a reputation for being a one dimensional player watching tonight.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Kenins had a lot of jump tonight and that line was flying. He's more creative than I remembered from my previous time seeing him. They are not airtight defensively though, I think they are giving Willie more grey hairs but they didn't get burned obviously.

Baertschi tried some things like a nice drag move in the slot but otherwise was not creating and that whole line had a hard time getting the puck out. They were not good as a trio. I am not one to join the herd in groupthink but Linden Vey was really getting on my nerves, he looks tight and reacts slowly - it's a case of being in his head too much. He was not getting it done at all.
I guess you and I were watching different games. I thought the Vey line did a pretty good job in the offensive zone and generated many chances. Vey gets shat on a lot but he had a good game this time around.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Well in that case I prefer the game you watched!

I was perhaps waiting for him to fail; confirmation bias in action. But I was seeing a lot of missed pickups.

I must say though that was an impressive early 40 minutes admittedly not against a talent rich opponent. The Canucks are not known for great starts but they seemed pretty game.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
That top line is scary fast, and scary good.

We gotta find a way to keep them to the outside and shut them down.

It's going to be one heck of a fun first round.

It's what scares me the most. They're the kind of line that would hand Special Kev and Pizza Man their lunches to them.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
thanks for the update guys. I can't remember ever having 3 prospects on the team with so much promise at once... course I wasn't watching back when Sedins were considered prospects.

I am pretty high on Kenins, and even more so on Baertschi and Horvat.

linden79

May 13, 2011
I wonder if the coaching staff told the team to lay off physical play, especially once they went up a couple goals. They weren't really finishing checks as often as they could have, noticeably so with Kenins and Dorsett.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I wonder if the coaching staff told the team to lay off physical play, especially once they went up a couple goals. They weren't really finishing checks as often as they could have, noticeably so with Kenins and Dorsett.

No need to play balls to the wall once the game was out of hand. Cant risk any injuries at this time of the season against bottom feeders.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014

No need to play balls to the wall once the game was out of hand. Cant risk any injuries at this time of the season against bottom feeders.

Yeah for sure. Sedins only played 13 mins as well. I don't expect them to get much more on Sat either.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah for sure. Sedins only played 13 mins as well. I don't expect them to get much more on Sat either.

Basically. Play every the same amount of icetime, and just go in injury free from what we are now. Make sure to work on some things in-game, like PP to get some things down.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dave Babych is the only one whose ever done it. Jovo had two 2-goal games and Aucoin had one. Lumme had four; Ohlund had seven(!)

Doug Halward also had a hat trick for us in the 1984 playoffs against Calgary.

I remember the Babych game - one of the craziest games in franchise history. 6-5 with Babych completing the hatty in OT, a pile of fights, and a 10 minute match penalty (the only one I've ever heard of being called) to Gino Odjick for spearing Al MacInnis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad