Yo, Brian Gionta

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Free passes to individual players "because the team is bad" = ********. Probably why we are about to break our own suck record.

Hopefully the locker room doesn't thing to placate like some here. "The team is awful, our captain can be invisible if he wants to be"

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So I guess Miller last year was worthy of a Hart while here. Within we were bad . Without him we are almost record breaking bad .

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Free passes to individual players "because the team is bad" = ********. Probably why we are about to break our own suck record.

Hopefully the locker room doesn't thing to placate like some here. "The team is awful, our captain can be invisible if he wants to be"

So are you saying that coaching and management are giving out free passes because the team is bad, or are you saying that the team is bad because some fans have better things to do then ***** about individual parts of this **** show?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
So are you saying that coaching and management are giving out free passes because the team is bad, or are you saying that the team is bad because some fans have better things to do then ***** about individual parts of this **** show?

Obviously the fans giving free passes are the reason why the team sucks... I thought I made that pretty clear with my verbiage, no?

We have that power.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Obviously the fans giving free passes are the reason why the team sucks... I thought I made that pretty clear with my verbiage, no?

We have that power.

If I thought your verbiage was clear I wouldn't have asked for clarification

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
On the surface, he's what I expected on the ice. Hopefully there's locker room benefit I can't see, which I also expected.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I dont understand why the OP is dumping on Gionta when just about everyone is playing equally horrible. Gionta was never brought here to score goals. I thought he would be good for 10 thats about it.

Not sure what the OP is ranting about, Gionta's production? The sabres performace because of Gionta or what? Is this all Gionta's fault?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
I dont understand why the OP is dumping on Gionta when just about everyone is playing equally horrible. Gionta was never brought here to score goals. I thought he would be good for 10 thats about it.

Not sure what the OP is ranting about, Gionta's production? The sabres performace because of Gionta or what? Is this all Gionta's fault?

People have misplaced anger and need someplace to dump it, everyone's equally culpable so I guess if everyone each picks a whipping boy we can cover all bases

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
My expectations where around a less physical Steve Ott, so ya this is pretty much what I expected. The guys old, he wasn't that crucial to Montreal the last few years, he's a depth player clinging on to the end of his career, a 90 min drive from his family.

I didn't understand it last season when people started the "we wont be that bad" thread, I didn't understand it when people said Rolston was making this team worse, I didn't understand it when people said Nolan would make this team better, I didn't understand it when this years "they wont be that bad" thread was started, and I still don't understand it now that people are complaining that Nolan cant coach and that Gionta is a bust. There isn't just a bad team in Buffalo, there's a team that is intentionally bad.

I like to watch HGTV, its kinda dumb, but I like watching "Love it, or List it". They go into a house and the designers try to remodel it to make the family want to love it, and the real estate agent tries to find them a new house. There's always some woman that comes in during demolition and flips out, "Oh my god what happened to my sink, oh my god you'll never make that look good" and leaves crying that her home has been destroyed and the contractors are incompetent. Now excuse the reference but I think it fits. Murray is the designer with the plans, the team is the house, and Nolan is the truck load of Mexicans that turns the truck load of flooring and cabinets into a nicer house. The Mexicans don't make the ****** house more livable, they tear out the **** you don't want and tell you when its time for the next truck load of flooring to go in. Right now there's no flooring to put in. He's putting up points in the AHL. The Cabinets are scoring in juniors. The new stairs are playing college. There's nothing for the Mexicans to build, just an old, ****** house that has had its copper piping removed and sold to the highest bidder, the antique fixture stripped out and re-purposed, and the lawn torn to shreds by heavy construction equipment. Now you can fire the Mexicans, or you can ***** that counter-tops you're going to throw out in 2 seasons are ****** and they need to be replaced now, or you can accept that the new load of Mexicans and some better counters aren't putting a dent in the 12,000 sq ft of **** you're living in until new parts show up and just go stay at the Residence Inn for the next while and relax.

The point being, why does it matter if Gionta plays a little bit better right now? or Nolan gets the team to play a little bit better? or if Hartley gets the team to play a little bit better? Maybe one of those things happens and the teams is a little bit better, whats the end game? You still want to pick 1/2 right? So why are you knocking yourself out trying to find the biggest piece of corn in the turd? You aren't gonna eat it, just let it go. Just like every other kernel in the log. Cause when you find the biggest piece of corn there will be a new biggest piece and a new biggest piece, and eventually you'll be pissed off and covered in **** and you'll realize it was the turd, and not the corn that you didn't want sitting in your living room. Gionta and Nolan and hopefully Hodgson and Ennis and Stafford and Stewart and Benoit and Meszaros and whomever else you want to chuck on the burn pile, are just nasty pieces of corn and stinking poo.

Once you get rid of Nolan and Gionta, then it'll be on to Moulson and Stewart, then it'll be on Benoit and Meszaros, then Hodgson and Ennis, and by that time you'll have more replacement level players here that weren't good enough to go to playoff teams and those will be the guys you complain about. Until Murray decides its time to shovel the turd away... its still just poop. So either complain about the guy whose telling you its still poo time, or accept that poo time is getting you McEichel time.

POTY candidate.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I was expecting him to be a general non-factor, but the captaincy being handed to him was disappointing.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Didn't think it was possible for our leadership core to be worse than it was last year.

What is our post-Ott record now? Horrific

What a pointless way to look at this. Its not like Ott and Gionta were swapped for each other and everything else stayed the same.

I'm not here to defend Gionta's play but your ranting about him is getting a tad ridiculous. How does looking at our record pre and post Ott trade tell us anything about Gionta or anything else for that matter?

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I don't see it. Rivet was brought it to help lead a playoff hopeful team. Gionta was brought in to help the youngsters through a ****storm a sucking.

That is the obvious dissimilarity, josh. But in other ways -- age, declining skill set, somewhat pricey contract, leadership for hire -- the parallels are too great to ignore.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That is the obvious dissimilarity, josh. But in other ways -- age, declining skill set, somewhat pricey contract, leadership for hire -- the parallels are too great to ignore.

I understand what your saying on that front. My point was more that Gionta's on ice play doesn't really matter in relation to what we are trying to do. Whereas Rivet's play was supposed to matter and help us win and make the playoffs.

Deleted member 27798

Maybe he has hit the brick wall, maybe he is happy collecting a great paycheck at this point in his career, maybe he is disillusioned at how bad the team is, but no matter, HE SUCKS!

16 Games, ZERO goals, 3 assists, and invisible for the majority of the games is very Leino-esqe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad