Yo Adrian (Kempe)! Sign ! On the dotted line...

What will the AAV be on Kempe's next contract be? How much juice does Juice have coming??

• Total voters

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So with Kempe signed the cap space is at 6.5mil this year.. heard Edler is going to get a contract - lets say 2mil? 4.5m left to sign some of Durzi, Ando, Vilardi, Grundstrom, and Lemieux .. edit: i think they need to let Edler go

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Pleasantly surprised. I was going to post earlier I was hoping for $5.5M or less, but didn't want to jinx it :P The amount of money is highish, but the term is perfect and gives the Kings flexibility if he is unable to prove himself for a more lucrative deal. A good compromise for sure.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Great work, Blake. His deal expires right when the cap will be going up again and players like Byfield and Clarke will need to be bridged.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
So with Kempe signed the cap space is at 6.5mil this year.. heard Edler is going to get a contract - lets say 2mil? 4.5m left to sign some of Durzi, Ando, Vilardi, Grundstrom, and Lemieux .. edit: i think they need to let Edler go
Edler is too much bang for the buck to let walk. Bring him in 1-1.5 & give him a "scouting" job after he retires to make up the rest.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So now Kempe is signed we can pencil in the forward lines
Top 6 Fiala, Kopi , Kempe, Moore, Danault, Arvy
a better than average first line.. and a better than average 2nd line.
3rd line - Kaliev Byfield and Vilardi is what Id like to see.. but im sure Iafallo will get Vilardi's.. really dont see Vilardi fitting in on the 4th line.. but
4th Vilardi, Kupari, Grundstrom

As some have noted, I dont see how the youth is going to be able to move up easily... but maybe TM could balance playing time across the lines a bit more this year. Id prefer they ditch Iafallo to make some room and give a little cap flexibility..I dont see where they can add grit - which is something DD called out. Maybe something happens in the next few days

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kempe-Kopitar-Fiala
Arvidsson-Danault-Moore
Iaffalo-Byfield-unless they send him to AHL then it's Vilardi or Kupari-Kaliyev
Lemieux/Deslauries-Lizotte-Grundstrom
JAD

Remember, Vilardi and JAD are NOT waiver exempt and Kupari is.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kempe-Kopitar-Fiala
Arvidsson-Danault-Moore
Iaffalo-Byfield-unless they send him to AHL then it's Vilardi or Kupari-Kaliyev
Lemieux/Deslauries-Lizotte-Grundstrom
JAD

Remember, Vilardi and JAD are NOT waiver exempt and Kupari is.
I completely spaced on Lizzote and JAD.. JAD I assume wont get signed. Things are so clogged that Byfield and Kupari could easily start in the A if Blake cant sort things before the season starts.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I really think they are going to have to move one of 2 players for cap reasons alone. Iafallo or Walker.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty damn solid, could have asked for an extra year at that price given he's RFA or a lower price for 4 years but I think ti's a totally fair tradeoff for flexibility, it's essentially a late-20s bridge deal, so def not going to split hairs and complain. Especially as it takes him thru his prime and if he's the guy he was this year for the next 4 that's a steal. Not a lot of risk to the Kings, pretty possibly high reward.

Reactions: Statto

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s a great deal and if they ever needed to it’s a very movable contract due to the term. I do keep thinking Iafallo might now get moved but that’s purely due to the cap, not because I don’t like the player. It’ll be interesting to is any movement protection is included in the contract.

Something will have to give, I’m just not sure where.

I like this deal because the term shows Kempe is backing himself. If he scores in the 30-35 range consistently throughout the contract he’ll get another rise and more term when it expires. Whereas right now he didn’t have the track record to demand more. Kempe is really turning into a very nice piece of the puzzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad