Yo Adrian (Kempe)! Sign ! On the dotted line...

What will the AAV be on Kempe's next contract be? How much juice does Juice have coming??

• Total voters

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
What

Iafallo scored 37 points last year, even clearly messed up somehow. This is the first year in the league he didn't improve heavily year over year and until things fell apart--whether you believe it's an injury or just crap play--he was on pace for 55ish points, which WOULD have represented an increase. I can't believe how many people are shitting all over this guy for a bad half-season that's easily explainable, or at the very least forgivable, given his otherwise strong consistency and repeated year-over-year growth.

Iafallo made 4 million last year. Contract comparables +/- a couple hundred thousand:

Debrusk, 42 points.
Roslovic, 45 points.
Fabbri, 30 points.
Donskoi, 22 points.
Nick Foligno, 13 points.
Jenner, 44 pints.
Beauvillier, 34 points.
Verhaeghe, 55 points.
Toffoli, Arvidsson, Bennet--49 points.

He's right in there especially considering the Kings' offense tax. Come on folks. AI is just the latest Kings top-sixer to get run out of town and then we go looking for his replacement for the same price immediately anyway.
Agree with your statement though I’d remove Top titty and Arvy as he’s not at their level… and even so, people think I’m nuts when I say he’d command a 1st at the TDL

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
What

Iafallo scored 37 points last year, even clearly messed up somehow. This is the first year in the league he didn't improve heavily year over year and until things fell apart--whether you believe it's an injury or just crap play--he was on pace for 55ish points, which WOULD have represented an increase. I can't believe how many people are shitting all over this guy for a bad half-season that's easily explainable, or at the very least forgivable, given his otherwise strong consistency and repeated year-over-year growth.

Iafallo made 4 million last year. Contract comparables +/- a couple hundred thousand:

Debrusk, 42 points.
Roslovic, 45 points.
Fabbri, 30 points.
Donskoi, 22 points.
Nick Foligno, 13 points.
Jenner, 44 pints.
Beauvillier, 34 points.
Verhaeghe, 55 points.

He's right in there especially considering the Kings' offense tax. Come on folks. AI is just the latest Kings top-sixer to get run out of town and then we go looking for his replacement for the same price immediately anyway.
Agreed. The few public models I quickly checked put Iafallo’s market value right around $4.5M per season. His first half of the season he played more like a $5M player, second half more like a $3M player, so his cap hit checks out along with the models and his comparables.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kempe is a $5-$5.5 mill per player but I’d go $5.75 over 5 years..
He’s going to prove he’s now a goal scorer as his assists have become non existent..
I think $950k - $1 million for every 10pts is the going rate for players now..

Reactions: KINGS17

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
What

Debrusk, 42 points.
Roslovic, 45 points.
Fabbri, 30 points.
Donskoi, 22 points.
Nick Foligno, 13 points.
Jenner, 44 pints.
Beauvillier, 34 points.
Verhaeghe, 55 points.

I doubt any of those guys were getting top 6 + PP1 time. Iafallo was a DISASTER the 2nd half

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kempe isn’t an 80+ point player.

35 goals tho puts him at 5.5-6 in my mind.
You don't get $6M for scoring 35 goals once.

Kempe is a $5-$5.5 mill per player but I’d go $5.75 over 5 years..
He’s going to prove he’s now a goal scorer as his assists have become non existent..
I think $950k - $1 million for every 10pts is the going rate for players now..
I am leaning more toward an AAV of $5M over the next 4 years.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Warning, incoming wall of images.

These don't necessarily mean anything, they're Dom Luczczczyn's model, but they're at least a reference or discussion starting point. The Athletic's player cards (from April 22nd, the last time they made them):

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.08.27-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.08.41-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.08.47-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.09.04-AM.png

What

Debrusk, 42 points.
Roslovic, 45 points.
Fabbri, 30 points.
Donskoi, 22 points.
Nick Foligno, 13 points.
Jenner, 44 pints.
Beauvillier, 34 points.
Verhaeghe, 55 points.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-1.00.01-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-12.28.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-1.04.50-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.13.46-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-12.28.16-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-12.33.33-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-1.07.20-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-04-19-at-11.03.08-AM.png

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
You don't get $6M for scoring 35 goals once.

I am leaning more toward an AAV of $5M over the next 4 years.
We will see. Hoping it’s in the 5.5 range. Remember tho he is their poster boy for taking your time. He is also a driver on the pp. They will pay for his prime years not what is in the past.

Reactions: kingsfan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We will see. Hoping it’s in the 5.5 range. Remember tho he is their poster boy for taking your time. He is also a driver on the pp. They will pay for his prime years not what is in the past.

Honestly part of the reason I've been guessing 6 to 6.5 is the 'science' of us guessing wrong by 500,000 and nothing more :laugh:

I think most of us hope and think 5.5 is fair.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I know there's a lot of Kempe bulls on this forum. I am definitely not one of them. I would not pay this guy more than 5.5mil x 3

People keep bringing up 35 goals but lets be real, he did not make 35 goals. He barely touched 30. He had 29 goals to be exact because 6 of them were empty netters lol and majority of those 29 goals were not really "snipes" lol. But I'll give Kempe the benefit of the doubt, he's a fast skater, he's gritty, and is a hard-worker. He's a top 6 player and has proven his worth to be in the top 6. But imo let's see more consistency in the goals/pts production.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Let's hope this contract is more of the PD type level bargain versus the Cal overpay. The latter has me slightly worried about the pending Kempe contract.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I know there's a lot of Kempe bulls on this forum. I am definitely not one of them. I would not pay this guy more than 5.5mil x 3

People keep bringing up 35 goals but lets be real, he did not make 35 goals. He barely touched 30. He had 29 goals to be exact because 6 of them were empty netters lol and majority of those 29 goals were not really "snipes" lol. But I'll give Kempe the benefit of the doubt, he's a fast skater, he's gritty, and is a hard-worker. He's a top 6 player and has proven his worth to be in the top 6. But imo let's see more consistency in the goals/pts production.
Ok then, Connor McDavid had 7 EN goals last year...which I guess brings his goal totals down to 37...Johnny Hockey had 6, brings his total down to 33. I'm sure the list goes on...kinda silly, isn't it?

With that said, I agree on the 5.5...don't think 3 years will get it done though.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I wonder if the Kings are balancing the possibility of signing Kempe against waiting for free agency and nabbing Forsberg then trading Kempe's rights. This could be leverage to get Kempe to sign a club-friendly bridge contract.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kempe's contract has been a fear of mine all season long to be honest. I like him, but I am not sold on him being a consistent top player on the team, although I think he has proven to be capable and has the tools. I feel this contract will be high for what he brings and have a term I am uneasy with and one can only hope he lives up to it.

I love Kempe, he has proven to be a good top 6 player at the moment, but I am skeptical he can maintain his scoring touch. We will see, because he will have every opportunity and the Fiala trade only helps enhance that... Just praying to the hockey gods that this contract comes in somewhere close to reasonable.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Interesting that it’s 4 years. He’ll be pushing 30 by the time the contract expires and will find himself in that weird position of being a guy who can score but too old (IMO) to give an 8 year deal to. Basically where JT Miller currently finds himself.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
only being four years makes me optimistic that it's not on the high end. But I'm prepared for disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad