Yo Adrian (Kempe)! Sign ! On the dotted line...

What will the AAV be on Kempe's next contract be? How much juice does Juice have coming??

• Total voters

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Attachments

• juice.jpeg
    juice.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 0

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Anything under $6 million is a reasonable deal, but if you're Kempe, you're probably saying hey wait a minute, is Fiala really $2 million better than me?

But at the same time, Doughty held out once too. No reason to be concerned just yet.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anything under $6 million is a reasonable deal, but if you're Kempe, you're probably saying hey wait a minute, is Fiala really $2 million better than me?

But at the same time, Doughty held out once too. No reason to be concerned just yet.

Shit, I HOPE they use Fiala as a comparable.

The answer is yes, fiala is near PPG for the last three years in a role that didn't even feature him close to the team's best player.

Kempe's best season outside of the one with league-inflated numbers was 37 points 4 years ago and he's had comparable C and deployment to Fiala. he paced for 42 points last year so at least he's shown minor improvement there, but nothing like Fiala's ever-upward trajectory.

Anything under 6 is a fantastic deal, I expect 6-6.5 x 5-6 at this rate, though I'd much prefer 5.5x5. Anything over 6.5 is f***ing robbery. He's also still an RFA so at worst qualify/bridge him.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Two recent examples worth comping if I'm blake:

Debrusk signed for two years, 4 million, bridging him. Will still be an RFA.

McCann signed for 5x5 after breaking out this year, will be an RFA. That's an ideal contract.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well if I were Kempe you bet i would be pushing for Fiala type contract.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The only thing that concerns me is that Blake isn’t great at contract negotiations. Have we signed anyone and said “Wow, great deal”?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The only thing that concerns me is that Blake isn’t great at contract negotiations. Have we signed anyone and said “Wow, great deal”?

Has he done anything that's made you feel otherwise?

Iafallo's deal was solid
Danault TBA since the end is what people are worried about but right now looks phenomenal
Matt Roy is a bargain
Walker is good

Fiala's is a little risky, but could be like Danault

I guess Petersen's for now but if we TBA Danault I'd TBA Cal too

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think kempe getting in between 5-6 is fair. I think anything higher than that makes me nervous. This past season was his first year where he was consistent all season. Think he went more than 30+ games without scoring a goal prior to last season. I think the Kings have a right to be uneasy about giving him Fiala type money

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
6.0 x 3 years is favorable for both parties. It was just like a year or two ago when we all agreed he was easily expendable. And then he has this season. I will absolutely hate it if they give him years over less money. I’d rather pay more later then try to save AAV for contract length. Signing him for more than 3 years is pointless.

Safe enough for the Kings if (likely) he just had that one great season for a contract.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
He should not receive a dime more than Danualt got. I hope they are stupid enough to use Fiala as their two names do not belong in the same sentence. 35g is nice yet 19a playing the minutes he did? Fiala literally put up a few assists less than Kempe's career high in points. He put up decently more assists than Kempe's prior career high. If he gets 6m it is a bad deal.

Give him the same deal as Danault and say take it or leave it. Give me Danault any day of the week over Kempe

Reactions: Islcey

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Gotta be ready to bridge deal Kempe.
Goals
Which one is not like the others?
If he wants to get paid like a 35-goal guy, he needs to show it again.
At this point I hope someone offer sheets him.

We'll get some high picks, clear some cap space, and dodge a bullet with a potentially bad contract.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaliyev score more goals than Kempe this year.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Gotta be ready to bridge deal Kempe.
Goals
Which one is not like the others?
If he wants to get paid like a 35-goal guy, he needs to show it again.
The other years he was playing with guys like Wagner, early version of Lizotte, Luff, Amadio…
He was mostly a center. Mostly everyone on this board thought he sucked.
He was put in a position to succeed last year and he ran with it.
You arent wrong about maybe doing a bridge deal. You just cant compare numbers from previous years when was on the grinder carousel.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Anything under 6 for 5 years is fair market.

But the Fiala acquisition could be an issue in the negotiations.
Kempe's agent is now going to say, play my guy with Fiala and he can pot 40, so the price probably went up.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Looking at CapFriendly we currently have 12 million in space?

Adrian Kempe = 6
Carl Grundstrom = 1.5
Brendan Lemieux = 1.5
Gabe Vilardi = 1
Mikey Anderson = 2.5
Sean Durzi = 1.5

That right there is 14 million? You gotta think we move a roster player or two right? Walker/Iafallo

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Kovalchuk scores 30 a full season under John Stevens. WD ruined him.

Ehh, he didnt really do anything with the Habs and the caps either. Granted he didnt spend too much time there.

Also his playstyle did not fit the system. He'd just try to solo rush the puck in the zone McDavid style and turn it over. He was a selfish forward. Who knows if his game would have worked on literally any team in the league these days. Games changed a little. Maybe just enough to where he cant get away with what he used to do. His analytics and turn over rate was pretty bad too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad