Post-Game Talk: Yikes

Who's assigned to Springfield when Luongo returns?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:wings

fchbtSU.png

PbMBKm2.png

Injuries and Scratches:

Mike Green, Jacob De La Rose, and Danny DeKeyser are injured and will not play in today's game
Luke Witkowski, Filip Hronek, and Martin Frk are expected to be healthy scratches

PROJECTED STARTER
1823.jpg

#35 Jimmy Howard
0-3-2 .893sv% 3.57GAA

:panthers

6iinbMM.png

CTtUvzn.png

Injuries and Scratches:

Derek MacKenzie, Roberto Luongo, Mike Haley, Jamie McGinn, and Mark Pysyk are all out for today's game
Max Mamin is expected to be a healthy scratch

STARTING GOALIE
3244.jpg

#39 Michael Hutchinson
1-0-1 .838sv% 3.71GAA

Game Story:

The Panthers, who could arguably have a much better record than they currently have, finally have a W after a wild 6-5 win over the Caps. They return home to an 0-2 record in Sunrise to face a rested Wings team that is desperately seeking their 1st win, starting 0-5-2, their worst record through 7 games since 1985. Florida, who began the season playing 4 of their first 5 games against 2018 playoff teams, will look to turn things around facing 3 straight rebuilding clubs.

Player to Watch

2kjdd9.jpg

Mike Matheson returns to the lineup after serving his 2 game suspension for using a WWE move in a hockey game. Based on his play so far, it looks like he may have spent the 2018 off-season watching WWE as opposed to practicing, because he's been terrible. He'll look to get over his slow start against a team he's had success against

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Couple notes:

I just took the daily faceoff lines, Jonathan Ericksson is subbing in for Luke Witkowski and I'd bet the house Matheson's in for Pysyk due to injury. Howard's the regular starter for the Wings and I'd be floored if Hutchinson doesn't get the nod, it's deserved.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
if the panthers win this game and continue the wings losing streak I will eat my own face. I give it about a 1% chance. this is the kind of game the panthers lose plain and simple. beating the cup champs and losing to a winless team is what this team is all about.

Reactions: MPGA and pantherbot

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
if the panthers win this game and continue the wings losing streak I will eat my own face. I give it about a 1% chance. this is the kind of game the panthers lose plain and simple. beating the cup champs and losing to a winless team is what this team is all about.
Unfortunately, I agree with you, for once.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

how about if the panthers win, you have to be rainbow and sunshine for about a week. If they lose, I'll be a negative nancy about them for a week.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
how about if the panthers win, you have to be rainbow and sunshine for about a week. If they lose, I'll be a negative nancy about them for a week.
agreed. everyone here can bare witness. if the panthers win this game I will begrudgingly admit they have a shot this year.......for a week. and will mention only things I find positive about them (I wont speak much). and the reverse will obviously apply to u. I wanna hear all about how ekblad is the worst 1st overall pick in a generation and how the team will be moved :)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
agreed. everyone here can bare witness. if the panthers win this game I will begrudgingly admit they have a shot this year.......for a week. and will mention only things I find positive about them (I wont speak much). and the reverse will obviously apply to u. I wanna hear all about how ekblad is the worst 1st overall pick in a generation and how the team will be moved :)

ok done! I won't be able to watch the game tonight, but if they lose, you'll get my salty best!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Love to see your haters disagreeing on this lol

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Yak kind of assured that Ekblad isn’t the worst #1 of a generation. Will second worst do?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I voted Hutchinson in the poll, because that's what I think will happen. Personally, I think that if Hutchinson is at all decent tonight, Reimer should be the guy who is moved.
Reimer is unmovable and I think he'll eventually get better. He was slow to start last season. He's a solid backup, not a 1B though.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Reimer is unmovable and I think he'll eventually get better. He was slow to start last season. He's a solid backup, not a 1B though.

I don't think he's unmovable, is he? Just that it would be painful to move him. Well, I'm going to be honest, there's no way that would be more painful than watching him mind the net.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't think he's unmovable, is he? Just that it would be painful to move him. Well, I'm going to be honest, there's no way that would be more painful than watching him mind the net.

I don't see much point trying to move him now, rather just waive him if Hutch outplays him. Also Lou probably gets injured again, we need to have this three headed monster at this point.

This poll is too early, need to see Hutch more. Way too early to say if he can handle a starting role.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Florida isn't good enough to have an auto-loss goalie right now trying to find his game at the NHL level. He can find his game in the minors.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I would be surprised if they bury him in the AHL. I don't see any team trading him

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

Yeah it’s been a literal slow start this year. He’s looks like he’s skating in quicksand. He took forever to get across the crease on Washington’s second goal. It looked like video game lag.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Yak kind of assured that Ekblad isn’t the worst #1 of a generation. Will second worst do?
a common misconception. yak sucked, sure. but he didn't become an albatross around the neck of his team at 7.5 X 8 and thus ensuring he is both unmovable and the team can't compete defensively. and I say unmovable in every sense of the word. man cannot skate for shit. its eyeball gougingly painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad