Post-Game Talk: yet another 1 goal lost (as in once we find that 1 goal we will start winning)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Eakins record... 19 pts in 31 games... 50 point full season pace.

MacT record... 2 pts in 5 games :) ... 33 point full season pace.

Nelson record... 23 pts in 25 games... 75 point full season pace.

Will be interested to see how the next 4 games go. Last 9 in 15 days was a pretty demanding run especially with the injuries. Next 4 games are very spaced out with lots of rest but also against very good teams. Hope we at least see good efforts in each one.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nail was all over the ice tonight. Good game and a well-deserved third star for him.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Any chance of a gif from Nuge's big hit on Kessler? Or a video, I took a quick look but nothing came up... We can't forget something that great.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
That was a good game. The Oilers are starting to look like a legitimate NHL team.

We probably deserved to win today or atleast got it to overtime, if we are able to acquire a top pairing d-man who can move the puck and an above average goaltender this off-season without significantly subtracting from the team we will have a chance to atleast be in the conversation for a playoff spot.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tough, but we played the Ducks and the Wild to close games.

When is Hall due back?

The Oilers were awful against the Wild. Decent game tonight though but fairly boring, it seemed like the Ducks were cruising.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Oilers have been fun to watch since a couple games after Eakins got fired. You can tell that the players are enjoying playing hockey again. I can stomach a losing team of they're giving effort and are still in the games but not a team that gives no effort and is looking to get away from the rink as fast as possible.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
A top two pick is fair value for OEL . The dream is getting closer to reality

Typically I would agree. But if the Oilers finish 29th and get their hands on Eichel...

Hall-Roy(1 year deal)-Yak
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
??-Lander-Eichel (rookie year as a winger)
Klink-Gordon-Hendricks

with Draisaitl and Eichel comin down the pipe... that is some awesome centre depth and gives them more bargaining chips. They have Klefbom Nurse and Marincin, who all project to be legit top 4 D...

I wouldn't hesitate to deal the 2016 1st rounder at all. All they'll have to worry about is getting a starting goalie and a top pairing guy. Things become a lot clearer/better going forward...

I just hope the org lets Eichel go back to college for a year if he wants (ala Toews), puts LD in the minors and doesn't gift Nurse a spot. A lot of ifs and it's sad they have to have this management group in charge but if it could work out that way - beautiful.

Eichel would help put things over the top IMO, exactly what this team needs, a hockey God send... I pray they're able to be competitive and win a few down the stretch but lose enough to draft 2nd overall without being too demoralized. Sounds bad I know... but this would be the best thing.

Last edited:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
stats say Hendricks had a solid game playing C.
83% on the dot, led team in take aways a couple blocks and 8 hits.
16+ mins of icetime.. Gordon didnt even hit 10.

Gordon had one of the league's worst players on his wing.

To be fair though, Hamilton and Pakarinen suck pretty bad too.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
In the video of the fight I don't see this child that had apparently had their jersey torn off their back and the man put the jersey back on. Looks like we need a recall on that father of the year award.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
In the video of the fight I don't see this child that had apparently had their jersey torn off their back and the man put the jersey back on. Looks like we need a recall on that father of the year award.

I doubt there were any father of the year winners in the stadium that night.

Good fathers don't let their kids lose their innocence by watching Oilers hockey. It's better that their hopes and dreams are crushed by things like high school, when their options in life start narrowing down.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Just going to throw this out there...I know it would be the softest line in history, but assuming MacT doesn't do anything this summer of much note... Slepyshev would look a hell of a lot better than Hamilton or Purcell on Yak/Roy's wing.

Slepyshev is not soft. He's not a bruiser but is definitely not soft.

That said this is definitely a little early to be looking at this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad