Yeah Yeah Yeah, Patience. How Long Will That Take? (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
A7IPt-TCIAAu50J.jpg

There.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Brian Lawton....a sensible agent that knows it is in the best interest of the players he represents to end this lockout now? :shocker:

Allen Walsh, take notes.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
That letter sure is whiny

" I do not know the intricate details surrounding the current work stoppage , And I dont care what they are"

Sounds like NHL isn't missing much here

That is the exact thing the league should be most worried about. Obviously the idiots here (myself included) that spend 4+ hours a day reading about this BS aren't flight risks for then NHL, but they are going to lose a boatload of money from the casual fan who gave up because the league can't get their **** straight.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada

" I do not know the intricate details surrounding the current work stoppage , And I dont care what they are"

But... he goes to 2 or 3 games and watches "several:" more on TV. Clearly a superfan.

I'm guessing the jersey was a gift.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

As someone who knew next to nothing about the business side of the CBA (and still know very little) I can support this man: getting to know the specifics is a lot of work and not everybody has the time and the energy for it especially when you consider that understanding the issue doesn't do anything to help solve the problem.

The NHL and PA lost a fan that's never a good thing, even if the person is, by your own account, not much.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
So, he goes to 2-3 games a year and watches "several more" on TV. Sorry, but how much is this guy spending on the NHL a year? A few hundred? Why does he think that Bettman and Fehr care about his minimal contribution when they are fighting over hundreds of millions per year?
Because most fans are like this. Think sponsors

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Actually the casual or less hardcore fans are the ones they are worried about scaring off.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
So, he goes to 2-3 games a year and watches "several more" on TV. Sorry, but how much is this guy spending on the NHL a year? A few hundred? Why does he think that Bettman and Fehr care about his minimal contribution when they are fighting over hundreds of millions per year?

I don't think his point was they'd care about him alone. But if there are several thousands of fans just like him then it yeah it starts becoming a problem.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

The anonymous nhl exec (I think it was him) already said the front office's main concerns are those fans who go to 3-7 games a year and retaining them.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC

I don't think that's an accurate way of looking at it. As a fan, I should ever have to be concerned with the business side of things. If I so choose to inform myself that is my choice.

The NHL should very well care about losing fans that buy jerseys and attend games. Much more so than a fan that doesn't care one wit about the game and only is interested in the revenue split (that's not to say any of us that care about the negotiation don't care about hockey because obviously we all do)

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

Because if you have lets say just 2 million casual fans spending 200-300 per season or every 2 seasons...don't forget that's each year or 2..

And that's not counting that casual fans are brought into the game by other casual fans.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

And yet he took the time to send a jersey and write a letter. More than most NHL fans have done. If more of us had this attitude, Bettman wouldn't make so light of lockouts.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hey, they have done damage, and I want the NHL to have to pay those of us that will be there to help make up for it. You can't just sit back and dismiss this guy. He is far from alone and I hope for the good of the game that it is a long recovery again so both sides understand that this cannot happen again, moreso the NHL though, they have a responsibility as gatekeepers to prevent these situations.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Well that kind of message certainly isn't a good thing, I can guarantee that. Not everyone is a member of HFBoards.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Brian Lawton....a sensible agent that knows it is in the best interest of the players he represents to end this lockout now? :shocker:

Allen Walsh, take notes.

Don't think he's been an agent since the Lightning fired him as GM.

We're nearing 100 minutes of meetings now, decent sign. If this make whole discussion was going to blow up, chances are it would have by now.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Whiny, yes. However, I believe that the people who know the intricate details surrounding the current lockout are probably in the minority of hockey fans.

Should probably donate that jersey to the homeless. The NHL doesn't care, they've already sold the jersey and made a buck off it.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Why would these "average" fans who go to 2-3 games a year would even care about work stoppage. They wouldn't even notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad