Yeah Yeah Yeah, Patience. How Long Will That Take? (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The majority of players in the NHLPA are Campoli like. He's a better baromater of what the NHLPA consists of than Crosby and all the other big stars who make up a very small percentage of the PA membership. The Median income of an NHL player last season was $1.4 million. Campoli made 1.75 million meaning he made more money than half of all players.

No 2.4 was the average so he made less

fxhomie

Feb 26, 2009
East CoCo County, CA
"Median" and "average" are different figures. It's salaries like Crosby's that raises the median. Median means 50%, half above and half below make that amount.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I seriously doubt the 'rank-and-file' guys will actually be losing too much money. Like I said before, there's no owner in the world that's going to be saying that Paul Bissonnette or Mike Brown need their salaries cut. It's just going to be the top end guys and the higher end middle guys. I don't know why all these third/fourth and in some cases second liners are towing the company line when they're losing an entire year's pay and wouldn't even see their salaries take a hit (or if they do, it would be a completely minor one).

As a total sum in relative to the stars, absolutely not. But a 20% cut (for example) for a guy making 600K is 120K, which leaves him with 480K. Crosby would be losing over 1.5M which is a much larger amount. Yeah, Crosby's losing a ton more money, but he can afford to sit out the next 10 years if need be considering the money he's already made. The "rank and file" guys don't have that luxury.

However, while Crosby's loss is far greater, in the grand scheme of things he's still left with over 6M per year, as well as over a decade left in his deal.

So I say again, what is the union really fighting for, and more specifically, for who?

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
As a total sum in relation to the stars, absolutely not. But a 20% cut (for example) for a guy making 600K is 120K, which leaves him with 480K. Crosby would be losing over 1.5M which is a much larger amount.

However, while Crosby's loss is far greater, in the grand scheme of things he's still left with over 6M per year, as well as over a decade left in his deal.

So I say again, what is the union really fighting for, and more specifically, for who?

These 20% cuts won't be getting cut from every single player. There's still a league minimum. It'll be the guys with the insane contracts seeing their salaries taking cuts. I'm not 100% sure on this but I seriously doubt that guys making league minimum or just above it will be seeing 20% decreases.

Crows*

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Talks are underway. NHLPA was working away on things in internal meetings today before meeting up with league

It's always the pa ****ing late

RealKrug47*

Maybe theyll get snowed in and have no choice but to negotiate all night

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
These 20% cuts won't be getting cut from every single player. There's still a league minimum. It'll be the guys with the insane contracts seeing their salaries taking cuts. I'm not 100% sure on this but I seriously doubt that guys making league minimum or just above it will be seeing 20% decreases.

I'm using the minimum wage guys as an example of one extreme to another in terms of who's sitting at the table.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Told CBA meeting delay was for "internal prep work" and not to read anything into it.

My hope is that the "internal prep work" was giving the legal teams more time to put their heads together and actually draft language around what was discussed or proposed yesterday.

While the notion of agreeing in principle is great, you'd be amazed the amount of words needed in a legal sense to put those "principles" into an executable document. My experience is with IPO S-1/S-11s, joint venture agreements, and so forth, but the notion stands.

Hanklite*

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Talks are underway. NHLPA was working away on things in internal meetings today before meeting up with league

I guess Donald just likes to sleep in and takes his sweet time getting ready.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
"Median" and "average" are different figures. It's salaries like Crosby's that raises the AVERAGE. Median means MIDPOINT, half above and half below make that amount.

Fixed for you. Crosby's salary impacts average much more than median. Almost zero impact on median.

Five salaries of $1M, $2M, $3M, $10M, and $14M.

Median in this example = $3M

Average in this case = $6M

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Talks are underway. NHLPA was working away on things in internal meetings today before meeting up with league

I guess Donald just likes to sleep in and takes his sweet time getting ready.

With respect to Fehr he has a lot more constituents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad